BioWare Unveils First Paid DLC for Mass Effect 2

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
reg42 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Nah. Bioware's paid DLC has a rep for sucking. No way I'm getting this.

Bring Down the Sky, Warden's Keep, Pinnacle Station, Return to Ostragar, etc.

Bioware...you suck at making DLC. Awakenings looks like shit, too. The free ones are the best in DA: O and ME2.
Why Awakenings? Its basically another DA:O, why does that suck?
Based on DLC reputation, and an advance review for the DLC rated at 7. That said it does nothing to improve on the game, but rather stagnates with, well, basically being DA:O.
Ummm... Awakening is an expansion pack, not a sequel. Nobody with any realistic expectaions is in any way under the impression that it'll be anything other than more DA:O. If you liked DA:O, then you might want it. If you didn't like it, then you don't care. But I disagree with criticizing an expansion pack because it doesn't rebuild the game from the ground up...

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Hmm, let's just hope it's worth the money... But it won't... Cause it's a DLC...

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Le Tueur said:

But yeah, I dunno if I'll be buying this DLC. For one, my team's fine as is, and two, if it's more than $5, probably not. I don't like paying more than $5 for 45 minutes or less of content.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I'll have to see what the price ends up being, but even as I say that I'm cognizant of the simple fact that I'm going to buy it no matter what. Which makes having to check the price first a bit pointless, but that's the way my brain works.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Hmm. Hopefully you'll be able to actually talk with this one, instead of them just telling you old war stories.

I'm looking at you, gramps-- whoops, I mean, Zaeed.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Nah. Bioware's paid DLC has a rep for sucking. No way I'm getting this.

Bring Down the Sky, Warden's Keep, Pinnacle Station, Return to Ostragar, etc.

Bioware...you suck at making DLC. Awakenings looks like shit, too. The free ones are the best in DA: O and ME2.
I thought Bringing Down The Sky was pretty good. The whole introduction to the Batarian race was well done as well.

And Awakenings is looking like the sex right now.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
Sweet.

Am I wrong to hope for this Kasumi [http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5700000/Kasumi-art-dead-or-alive-5794260-337-500.jpg] instead?
No.

You are a god for thinking that! :D

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Fantastic, Ive been wondering when this expansion was going to come out. Bioware is definitely going for gold with the expansions for mass effect 2.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Irridium said:
So long as she's better than Zaeed I'm happy.
'Scusemewhat? Zaeed was great, the Mass Effect version of a Mandalorian. You wana argue with a guy who scalped Krogan for fun, be my guest.

As far as the DLC goes, if it's well reviewed I'll likely check it out; more Mass Effect 2 is always a good thing.

In closing, I'd like to reiterate the consensus on this topic: dat ass.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Irridium said:
'Scusemewhat? Zaeed was great, the Mass Effect version of a Mandalorian. You wana argue with a guy who scalped Krogan for fun, be my guest.
I believe he was referring to the way it's impossible to actually hold a conversation with Zaeed. Nice character, but a dull addition to the Normandy's crew.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Dexter111 said:
Yeah it's one of *those* DLCs again (aren't most of them?)... good thing they waited a few months to charge money for it though... fail that they put her model, portrait and rendered scenes with her on the disc already and only voicework and a few other things are missing and will presumably come with the DLC...
Looks like the model/artwork shown are either incomplete or early versions. At the very least the model and character art should match each other, so one of them is likely incorrect.

It's more likely that Kasumi was cut from the final release during development, and that they are bringing her back as DLC (since half the work would already be done). That's the same reason Shale was DLC for Dragon Age, though in that case the game was delayed during production and the DLC was ready at launch.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I just hope I can use my extra BioWare points to get the Kasumi DLC... But who am I kidding, I'm such a big ME2 fan that I'll probably get it regardless.
I'm crossing my fingers, I hope we can actually have a *real* conversation with her, unlike Zaeed (don't get me wrong, I thought he was alright, I just wish I could've had my Shepard talk back to him). Wonder where they'll put her on the ship: the port observation deck?

Apr 28, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Irridium said:

As far as the DLC goes, if it's well reviewed I'll likely check it out; more Mass Effect 2 is always a good thing.

In closing, I'd like to reiterate the consensus on this topic: dat ass.
JediMB said:
Lord_Panzer said:
Irridium said:
I believe he was referring to the way it's impossible to actually hold a conversation with Zaeed. Nice character, but a dull addition to the Normandy's crew.
Yeah, JediMB is right. I didn't hate him, but I ignored him more than everyone else because I couldn't really interact with him.