BioWare Wants to Make Mass Effect 3 "Seamless"

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
cardinalwiggles said:
i just hope that they don't refer to "elevators" as being a seamless experience between loading times. ahhhhhhh elevators
They kinda sorta removed em in ME2

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
After a disappointing DA2 and a stupid earth-centric ME3 trailer, I'm just going to avoid Bioware hype. It's better when I don't have high expectations...

CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Dear Bioware,

You are becoming more like Peter Molyneux. Some words of advice: Less talk, more create and finish. Your words about your game are, and always will be, meaningless. Thank you.

Sincerely,

CrazyCapnMorgan
If this was a petition and not a letter, I'd sign it too.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
cardinalwiggles said:
i just hope that they don't refer to "elevators" as being a seamless experience between loading times. ahhhhhhh elevators
i actually want elevators back, was way better then the loading screens in the 2nd one.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I wish we'd get some proper information already, like what planets we'll be able to visit, what powers each class will have, if we'll get any new squadmates... I just want something besides "we're totally making it better, we promise!"

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
I'm a so called purist and hater. I Don't understand why people think more CHOICE is bad for this series. Thats all the purist want. I don't want to use the same boring gun the whole game.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
RoseArch said:
the irony is that this will require longer loading times.(I dunno, but that would be funny as all hell)
As it is, I almost go for a quick nap during loading times. The elevator in the Normandy must be the slowest elevator in all of history, they need to put in stairs :p

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Okay Bioware, we need to talk. I love you now, I love Mass Effect, but we need to squash some issues. This week all I've heard is you doing this awesome thing and fixing that not-quite-so-awesome thing and turning into an awesome thing, and I'm sick of it. Really. Your words are wasted on me Bioware. No matter how much you tell me how awesome your game is, my response will always be the same.

Also, I'm play for the immersion and RPing, and I miss the elevators. Elevators made the characters bored too, and there was some conversation and news there, so it kept immersion. Loading screens were just boring and immersion breaking.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Eh, this isn't nearly as big an issue as @#$%!ing giving my infiltrator an assault rifle during cutscenes.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Sparrow said:
I wish we'd get some proper information already, like what planets we'll be able to visit, what powers each class will have, if we'll get any new squadmates... I just want something besides "we're totally making it better, we promise!"
Well, they did tell us about Vega and then......proceed to do nothing with him.

I'm guessing him and the guy from the first trailers are the only new characters, seeing as we've been told that we're rocking a smaller party this time around.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
syrus27 said:
All I can say is:

:p
so thats where the mako went for ME 2. Some one just got fed up and spaced it.

OP:
I just hope they make it where during the dialogue that everyone in the scene realizes that once you sit down it is ALRIGHT to sit there and not move around all awkwardly. Such as on Omega when talking to Aria and shepard and aria during different lines have to get up for like two words than sit back down or sit forward than lean back for a second just to sit forward or get up again like they have anxiety problems.

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
They are going to do something because 2011 is the year of the RPG, Skyrim and Witcher 2 showed some awesome aesthetic. ME 3 can not lack behind (specially because ME 3 is the bigger IP).

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
David Silverman is the best spoiler filter, every time I read his name I just skip the whole article.

Thank you Mr. Silverman, you are AWESOMEbutton.

Aug 25, 2009
As long as it doesn't turn into Half Life and the Valve problem emerges, tentatively fine with this.

I just don't want to miss out on an awe inspiring piece of set design or cinematic experience because I happen to be staring at a wall when it's going on. It's all too easy to miss large swathes of content when you give your player control over what would normally be cinematics.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
LordFisheh said:
I just hope that 'blending' doesn't equate to quick time events.
What's wrong with Quick Time Events. I love the QTE's Resident Evil 4 and Indigo Prophecy are 2 of my favorite games and Indigo prophecy is exclusively QTE's.

Anyway back to the point. It worries me that Bioware's only ever talked about improving the technical aspects of the game (Graphics, Sound, Fluid controls, Holographic knife?) I doubt anyone plays Mass Effect to get their shooter fill. Does anyone else remember that they said the same stuff about Dragon Age 2. If their only goal is to make money I'm sure their doing a good job I'd still buy the game if they said it came with the Ebola Virus and I'm sure some people will buy it because of all the talk about being seamless. But their not inspiring confidence. I doubt I'll buy the next Bioware game (That is if their still in business after The Old Republic inevitably flops.)

On a related note: DON'T REVEAL TALI's FACE!!!

PS. get rid of these new Capthas. They're adds. They tell you you're wrong the first time you type them no matter what! All their trying to do is make you type their fucking logo over and over again. It's sickening that the Escapist will ban a user that links to their own site but they force you to click on an add every time you want to post.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
I don't mind a cutscene departing from the gameplay. The only experience I can really think of which tore away the border between the exposition scenes and the gameplay would be the call of duty series, and Mass Effect doesn't need to stray any closer to that experience than it already has.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Lamppenkeyboard said:
I don't mind a cutscene departing from the gameplay. The only experience I can really think of which tore away the border between the exposition scenes and the gameplay would be the call of duty series, and Mass Effect doesn't need to stray any closer to that experience than it already has.
Half Life did the same, just remembered. Well stillI think Mass Effect is enough of a shooter already. I liked the RPG aspect more than anything else.