ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
You might not be done with Mass Effect, but I sure as fuck am.
Then please explain why you feel compelled to constantly remind them and everyone else of how you are allegedly done with the series.
I'll stop posting about how I'm done with the series when it dies and there aren't anymore news articles about how EA is still kicking this dead horse.
You care about this stuff far more than I and far more than you probably should, have fun regardless...
I fail to see how taking fifteen seconds out of my day to type up a post constitutes as caring too much.
It's not the time you take out of your day, it's that you constantly repeat the same thing more than 6 months on, even though you claim to be done and not care anymore.
I am done with the Mass Effect series, I'm just royally pissed off that EA/Bioware are pretending that the franchise is still going strong and that they didn't royally fuck it up.
If releasing free DLC in an attempt to correct their mistake isn't admitting at least some sort fault then what would it be exactly?
Making it so that the DLC actually changed the ending and make it so that it wasn't just a turd polish. Dropping the "artistic integrity" bullshit would be nice too.
So this is all because they didn't do what you wanted.
What I wanted them to do was pull their heads out of their asses and write a quality ending, so yeah, technically you're right. I fail to see how that's a bad thing though.
Other works of fiction have had bad endings, that doesn't give the audience the right to demand change in someone else's work. Bioware made the games, Bioware has the right to make any ending it wants weather it be good or bad.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
Then please explain why you feel compelled to constantly remind them and everyone else of how you are allegedly done with the series.
I'll stop posting about how I'm done with the series when it dies and there aren't anymore news articles about how EA is still kicking this dead horse.
You care about this stuff far more than I and far more than you probably should, have fun regardless...
I fail to see how taking fifteen seconds out of my day to type up a post constitutes as caring too much.
It's not the time you take out of your day, it's that you constantly repeat the same thing more than 6 months on, even though you claim to be done and not care anymore.
I am done with the Mass Effect series, I'm just royally pissed off that EA/Bioware are pretending that the franchise is still going strong and that they didn't royally fuck it up.
If releasing free DLC in an attempt to correct their mistake isn't admitting at least some sort fault then what would it be exactly?
Making it so that the DLC actually changed the ending and make it so that it wasn't just a turd polish. Dropping the "artistic integrity" bullshit would be nice too.
What I wanted them to do was pull their heads out of their asses and write a quality ending, so yeah, technically you're right. I fail to see how that's a bad thing though.
Other works of fiction have had bad endings, that doesn't give the audience the right to demand change in someone else's work. Bioware made the games, Bioware has the right to make any ending it wants weather it be good or bad.
Yeah...doesn't change that the ending is complete and utter shit though, and when they did actually change the ending, they compeltly phoned
it in.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Well EA might not be done with Mass Effect but that doesn't mean most of the fans aren't. Most of them still feel betrayed and cheated by EAs sticky fingers all over the franchise now.

FYI I'm not even referring to Bioware as Bioware anymore, they're just EA an EA drone.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
what would be cool is if they make a sequal were the conrtol ending is cannon and the reaper are running a police state, and play a resistence fight trying to over throw shepard who lost his way years ago. but that would be cool and unique so i dont think that will happen

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
In lieu of elegantly wrapping up a trilogy they are adding inconsequential stuff? Never change, BioWare.

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
Yeah...doesn't change that the ending is complete and utter shit though, and when they did actually change the ending, they compeltly phoned
it in.
Ending was shit, criticize, complain, be disappointed, but after 6 months, just get over it.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Let me know when they make DLC that lets you have a chance at a happy ending, and I will forgive Bioware for fucking over the franchise. Until then, they're pretty much dead to me.

Bmagada

Dec 27, 2011
Maybe Bioware should just go make KOTOR 3 already and spare us all any of they're future ME plans.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
it in.
Ending was shit, criticize, complain, be disappointed, but after 6 months, just get over it.
Define, "get over it" all I said was that I was done with Mass Effect, ergo I have, you know, moved on? My opinion isn't ever going to change, so what am I supposed to do when a news article about ME pops up, not say anything?

WaRreapeR7

Jan 13, 2009
Oirish_Martin said:
I have the best timing ever.

I literally just finished playing the trilogy.

FUCKING SWEEEEEEEET

I'm already excited!
Small world, so did I.
and I've got all the faith BioWare can bring another epic to fruition.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Warped_Ghost said:
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
Not sure that that would be very interesting. It only lasted 3 months, a lot of it was the Turians trying to starve the Shanxi garrison out, and the causality count barely broke one thousand.

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
it in.
Define, "get over it" all I said was that I was done with Mass Effect, ergo I have, you know, moved on? My opinion isn't ever going to change, so what am I supposed to do when a news article about ME pops up, not say anything?
Yep, pretty much, that's what the person who's over something and doesn't care about it would do, you know, like he's actually over it and doesn't care about it.

Or at the very least say something more substantial than "I don't care about this, but I'm writing to let other people know that I don't care about this, because I like to remind people how much I don't care about this by constantly reminding people that I don't care about this by writing on news forums about something I don't care about."

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
erttheking said:
Warped_Ghost said:
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
First contact war.
Not sure that that would be very interesting. It only lasted 3 months, a lot of it was the Turians trying to starve the Shanxi garrison out, and the causality count barely broke one thousand.
Just want a prequel really.
-first contact war
-rachni war
-krogan rebellions
-Torfan or the blitz

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Well, considering how they said something like, "Shepard's story was done, but in no way was Bioware done with the Mass Effect universe" right after they released ME3, I'm really not all that surprised. Call me psychic, but if I good game company like Bioware says they'll do something, it tends to get done.

EDIT: Frankly, I'd love to have a game about the First Contact War or any of the rim fights between the Alliance and the Batarian Hegemony.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
erttheking said:
it in.
Yep, pretty much, that's what the person who's over something and doesn't care about it would do, you know, like he's actually over it and doesn't care about it.
Or maybe I just wanted to give my input on the article, ever think about that?