Bioware Working on a New IP

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
OK Bioware lets see what you have in store for me but I warn you It better be good I Love you guys but its tough Love and after brilliant games like mass effect and dragon age well we will see wont we

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
maybe this new one will be a super hero game. They've already done the past with Dragon Age, the future with Mass Effect. So now they need to do a contemporary setting.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Gameguy20100 said:
OK Bioware lets see what you have in store for me but I warn you It better be good I Love you guys but its tough Love and after brilliant games like mass effect and dragon age well we will see wont we
Punctuation and capitalization. Also, specify which entry in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises you love, otherwise you might be shot. These forums can get rather temperamental.

Frozengale said:
So I'm all for a new IP... IF THEY ONLY MAKE ONE GAME OUT OF IT.
I'm all for a new IP if they use it responsibly, like trying something new/innovative (screw you Jim Sterling).

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Mcoffey said:
I don't know why people keep referring to Bioware as a separate entity from EA though. It's like saying your hand is separate from the rest of you. EA = Bioware just like EA = DICE and EA = Visceral Games. Just different names for hands feet and torso.
Speaking as someone who works for a company that was (in the last few years) bought by a massive multinational, I can say they are not necessarily one entity.

I love the company I work for and have a huge amount of loyalty to them. I feel no such loyalty to their owners, who are like a bad parody of a soulless Umbrella Corp. But as long as we're profitable, they leave us alone. So I don't have to care about them too often.

I'm not saying EA aren't interfering bastards (I have no idea either way) but companies don't lose their identity just because they get bought. Otherwise I'd be out the door.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
deathbydeath said:
Gameguy20100 said:
Punctuation and capitalization. Also, specify which entry in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises you love, otherwise you might be shot. These forums can get rather temperamental.
tell me about It but I love all of them just because the fanbase can be a bunch of idiots doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy the games and as for the punctuation I have aspergers syndrome so its a bit of a pain for me and I don't really bother when most of the internet are to stupid to see a difference anyway

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Gameguy20100 said:
Tell me about it, but I love all of them. Just because the fanbase can be a bunch of idiots doesn't mean that I shouldn't enjoy the games. As for the punctuation, I have aspergers syndrome so it is a bit of a pain for me. Besides, I don't really bother when most of the internet is too stupid to see a difference anyway.
I was mostly making a facetious joke about the general attitude towards Bioware evident in these forums.

I would respond to the rest of your message, but the mods here are a bit too trigger-happy for me.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
That's amazing! I can't wait to see what new setting they throw the same fucking characters into!

Keep on truckin', Bioware.

Tien Shen

Mar 25, 2010
Ishigami said:
Please don't suck, please don't suck.
And while we are at it: Don't be an MMO and don't be for any hand-held devices.

Legion said:
"Oh. Casey Hudson is working on it."
Is there something wrong with that?
He also worked on BG2, SW:KotR, NWN and ME1 and those were good the last time I checked... (I'm pretty indifferent towards Jade Empire)
And he also gave us ME3's ending. In case you missed this http://pastebin.com/i2cNVDp4, the way Bioware writers created the various side quests and companion arcs in ME3 was to have different writers work on different characters and quests, then they would present their work to the rest of the team and everyone would chime in with opinions and refine the crap out of it. However with ME3's ending, Casey Hudson locked out the other writers from it and it never went through the usual team presentation and opinions round, and the end product shows; ME3's ending is so disjointed from the rest of the game.

Also just because someone did good work in the past doesn't mean he/she go on to screw up, case in point Ridley Scott who gave us Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator but also went on to direct Robin Hood(the one with the old angry Russell Crowe) and Prometheus(belch!).

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Still waiting for a new or re-released Jade Empire...

Hell, just give me another martial arts fantasy. I don't give a fuck who makes it.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Ed130 said:
Now all it will get is 'meh.'
I'm more getting that uncomfortable sound you get when a squeamish person tries to remove a spider with a napkin. Kind of like a long, drawn out,

"....heeeeeehhhhehhh-ehhhh....oooo...eeeehhhheehhh...eeeeeh"

Like, it could be good... But god damn are we afraid to touch it.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I make a point to never contribute to the back and forth between Bioware's detractors and defenders. However, I would like to ask everyone who still debates ME3's ending how it differs from the general outrage that followed The Sopranos finale. If I remember correctly, viewers were inconsolable after the last episode. People ranted and raged, but eventually it subsided to the point of nothingness. In comparison, it's been a little over a year now, and we still get into heated arguments over something that truly boils down to an arbitrary choice in entertainment.

Are we as a group handicapped by our amplified voice and long grudges?

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Seriously guys, don't you ever get tired of the bile, the negativity, the hatred, the EA&Bioware-hate-train...? Sigh.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Cool. Hopefully, as someone said, it'll be present-day and feature superheroes or something.

The only stuff Bioware's put out that I didn't much care for was Baldur's Gate (Yeah, that's right; fight me why don't you), Jade Empire, and the first Dragon Age: Origins. The ending to ME3 wasn't great, but I enjoyed the ride tremendously. Just hope they stick with something more akin to DA2 with having the PC speak out of turn as opposed to ME3's having Shepard not be as Renegade or Paragon as I'd want.