Bisexuality doesn't exist

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I think bisexuality is real, but many people who just want to experiment (or are trying to be cool and 'open') use the label and give a bad name to those who are actually bi. I do think every human being gets curious at least once though about being with the same sex (simply because we tend to enjoy sex that much that we want to test things out and hey, new things are exciting) but some people are naturally wired for either sex.

This is one of the reasons I go under the label 'pansexual'. Then the issue becomes about love, not sex.

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
I was bisexual for awhile...I probably still am but I have no interest in dating men at the moment...for personal reasons that are not going to be discussed on here. I can honestly say that it isn't bull...it's legitimate. A man or woman can desire both men and women but be in a monogamous relationship with either sex. Bisexuality is not the same as pansexuality (I get this one alot) and people need to stop being so judgemental and relax...we're human...all of us. I wanna live my life how I live it...and I'm happy letting you live yours...is that such a bad thing?

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
holy_secret said:
So escapist people. What do you think of bisexuality?
Well, being a bisexual myself - everyone who has ever told you that bisexuality doesn't exist is an idiot.

Which you already know, being bisexual yourself.

As far as I can tell, it's mostly just jealousy. Your gay friend WANT you to be completely gay, because they want you to be like them. The same goes for your straight friends. Neither one wants to cede you to the "other side" - which is petty and aggravating.

Although, I will say - I haven't actually hit much of this attitude in my peers in real life. Older people, sure, they want me to be either a good straight girl or a butch dyke - the fact that I won't climb into either box (no pun intended) pisses them off. However, I've never had that problem with my peers.

Possibly because I hang out with a bunch of bisexual, bi-curious, and open-mindedly straight friends, but still.

I really hate it when gay people call us cowards. Why can't they just accept that we like BOTH? Penisis are fun. So are vaginas. It's like saying that you can only enjoy hot tubs OR bean bag chairs, not both. It's absurd.

NBSRDan

Aug 15, 2009
People don't want to accept that there's an 'in between' sexuality because then they have to wonder if they're in between.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
holy_secret said:
So escapist people. What do you think of bisexuality? Is it a bunch of bullshit?
i am uterlly confused by your question and situation...
if you ask if bisexuality exists and that not "everyone who says he is bisexual is gay" so yea... you are right if you love a guy you arent nesseseryli (i know i know misspeled) gay just not fuly strait i guess...

agentorange98

Aug 30, 2011
As a fellow bisexual man I agree that's bullshit, I mean some people just are, and I mean nobody likes being told that an intrinsic part of who they are is just a lie.

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
idodo35 said:
holy_secret said:
So escapist people. What do you think of bisexuality? Is it a bunch of bullshit?
if you ask if bisexuality exists and that not "everyone who says he is bisexual is gay" so yea... you are right if you love a guy you arent nesseseryli (i know i know misspeled) gay just not fuly strait i guess...
I want to know people's opinion. If I say I am bisexual, I obviously believe in it.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
bahumat42 said:
my main issue with the scale is that (and im sorry but it is only the lbgt community which does this) try and evaluate me into a sect, im not a 1 or 6 im a person. The labelling and need to associate with a label only serves to drive people apart. Which is opposite to my goal in that people should strive to be more social.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ
I know that specifically in regards to racism, but the same can be applied here, if we stop worrying about definitions and treat each other as human beings than the issue will erase itself. (start at 30 seconds for the bit i wanted to point out)
Ah yes, I've seen that vid before, Morgan Freeman is indeed awesome. Unfortunately as in the OP's situation there's a lot of people who are a little hung up on these definitions and shades of sexuality and so forth. But yeah, maybe if more people could get over their binary pre-concieved notions, we could just say no more of it and move on with our lives. Time will tell, I suppose.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Well, I have loved both male and female.

Does that just make me gay or straight? Does it make me gay at one time, but straight on the other? I don't buy that for a second, you can't switch your sexual orientation at will... I don't know about you, but bisexuality is my sexual orientation. Gender plays no role in who I fall in love with, or am attracted to.

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Batou667 said:

You see this bicycle? It doesn't exist. It's actually a greedy and indecisive unicycle. Or perhaps it's a tricycle in denial.

But it sure as hell isn't a bicycle.
Best summation of the silly "their are no bisexuals" idea i have come across.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Wow, first off might I say that of the comments I've read some really interesting stuff has already come up in this thread.
Ok, now for my tu'penny worth:

I'm stright. In fact, I'm so stright I've never felt inclined to even label myself as that. I think that's a good way for all of us to be. Unlabeled. I've know people over the years, some stright, some gay, some claiming to be undecided (I circle back to that one), although I don't think I personally know an out-and-out bisexual individual (I could be wrong, I'm not usually one to ask!).

Of this broad spectrum of people I can say that no one person has felt like a 'stereotypical' example of their sexual orentation. I know masculine homosexual men, afeminate stright men, lesbians I didn't even realise where gay (proof that you are not your sexual orentation!) so I think to say you are either/or is such a simplification that it makes the whole thing meaningless because people aren't the same!

Now onto my opinion of bisexuality. Bisexuality is not, 'undecided'. In a simpler time when I was much, much younger than I am now I thought bisexuality was being undecided but it is clear that it's not something you decide upon. I believe sexuality is nature not nurture (9 times out of 10) so being undecided is when a person has not made a decision about if they are stright/bi/gay or anything inbetween.

The notion of bisexuality is a tricky one for me to comprehend not because I think that it is somehow 'wrong' or 'not real' but because I wonder in practice what it means for the individual. Would they only date other bisexuals? Do people not always realise they're bisexual stright away? What if they dated someone stright and they then broke up and dated someone of the oposite sex, would the stright member of the relationship feel that they were never loved?

I realise that each bisexual is as different and individual as each stright or gay person but those are particular questions that play on my mind when this topic comes up.
There defiantely needs to be more understanding about sexual orentation so there can be less prejadice against people of all orentations.
In the end, people aren't a sexuality, they're people, wonderful, unique people, and trying to put people in boxes often causes harm not good.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
I'm toastersexual, meaning I only like things that leave bread hot and crispy.

(Who gives a shit?)

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
I don't know if I really buy bisexuality. Someone who gets romantically involved with someone of the same sex is a homosexual, so vis a vie technically anyone who considers themselves bisexual - is also a homosexual, sometimes they just like to have relationships with members of the opposite sex. Again technically speaking, bisexuals are homosexuals.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
holy_secret said:
idodo35 said:
holy_secret said:
I want to know people's opinion. If I say I am bisexual, I obviously believe in it.
so is that a yes? cause if not...

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
The only possible way I can see people to stop being idiots about it is to have a threesome with a guy and a girl. Alternatively, start a rumor saying you have, which would probably work just as well.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
bahumat42 said:
my main issue with the scale is that (and im sorry but it is only the lbgt community which does this) try and evaluate me into a sect, im not a 1 or 6 im a person. The labelling and need to associate with a label only serves to drive people apart. Which is opposite to my goal in that people should strive to be more social.
Labeling isn't actually bad. It can help promote understanding. the problem comes in when people try and take it as gospel, and it seems like you're doing that with the assumption that you can't be a 1 or a 6 and still be a complex individual.

Understanding that sexuality is more than linear is important to understanding, and charts and graphs and other visual aides really do help with that.

You're a person. That's awesome. and if we shed all our labels, we might miss that a disproportionate number of a certain group tends to get killed compared to others.

It's a nice, specious philosophy.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
when will people learn, your brain is a bunch of interconnected little wires that respond to a zillion chemicals and process more information than you can imagine from moment to moment
sticking little lables on behaviour patterns is childish, at best

2 rules:
you are what you are

you can change at any point you want, if you actually want to.

^ you are that complex. trust me.

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
Bisexuality totally exists. In fact, the sexuality paradigm as we think of it is basically made up definitions, so there are certainly more expressed forms of sexuality than just Straight, Gay, and Bi. As Kinsey said, the only unnatural sexual expression is the lack of it, which of course rules out A-sexuality, but that's a discussion for another thread.