Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Redlin5 said:
arc1991 said:
Redlin5 said:
arc1991 said:
Being Bisexual myself i can easily say it isn't bullshit xD

It really doesn't matter what people think, i get it a lot to, some people just don't understand :p
It is what you think of it that matters methinks. I can't understand the attraction to men because I don't feel anything in that way when I'm around attractive men. Just because I don't understand doesn't mean I will condemn :D

[sub]I understand the attraction to girls very easily XD[/sub]
Your telling me you wouldn't go gay for any male celeb?

Cause it doesn't matter, straight or not, there is always one! xD
Then I haven't found that piece of mancandy yet.
Not even Johnny Depp?

Come on, he is one sexy guy...Even for a straight dude xD

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
holy_secret said:
Now, this is pissing me off incredibly. Of course, this makes these people say "oooooh why are you getting so upset huh? :3 You know what it means when you take it personal riiiiight?"
I'm taking more issue with this right here. Conventional wisdom is a bastard and some people think that they can drop a half-thought and consider it to be proper conjecture. It's not.

This IS personal, and they are making it personal. Bisexuality is a personal issue and it's something you're dealing with and feel personally. You have every right to be mad AND take it personally. Them saying that it's bad to take it personally is merely trying to hide behind conventional wisdom and avoid you taking them up on what is clearly not-okay.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Sexuality is very rarely, if ever, 100% either way. But that doesn't mean sexuality doesn't exist, it just means that interpreting sexuality in absolutes is wrong.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Deviated sexuallities?

They "exist" only in the ease of classification is required simply because humanity demands the ability to name and categorize everything because our brains wont allow otherwise.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
In risk of getting chewed out by other escapist.

i've been friends with several gay guys and most of them seem to have a similar idea about bisexuals. that its either someone too chicken shit to come out of the closent all the way or its a straight person that is curious what its like to play for the same team. its like they're actually offended by the idea of bisexuality. i'm sure not all gay men think this way but i've meet enough for it to seem like a trend.

i've never asked a lesbian what they think so can't help you there.

darkdraconus

Sep 18, 2008
Bisexuality is usually a recognised sexuality, but there are some stubborn people out there who can't accept that there's more than two sexualities.

zulu.fox

Nov 20, 2011
What I seem to notice is that Bi - Guys seems to have a lot harder time making people accept them that Bi Girls do . I don't understand why. Alot of gay guys see me as "A Slut" , "Greedy" , "Sexually Confused" , "Refusing to come out the hypothetical closet", "A Straight guy who is just going through a phase" .

I usually get offended by this, I don't get why being attracted to Girls AND Guys is such a weird thing. To be honest I think the vast majority of people are not 100% straight or 100% Homosexual ..... Runs for the flame shield

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
zulu.fox said:
"A Straight guy who is just going through a phase"
It's not entirely unwarranted, a bicurious guy who's just giving it a go is far more likely to waste your time and realise it's not for them or whatever when it's presented for real than someone a little more secure in what they like. And I bet there's a bunch of "Bicurious" that are just really desperate straights that'll take anything they can get.

If you ever had that happen to you, you'd sympathise with the concept a little more. An unnamed person came out as bisexual and remained so for a year, never doing anything with another guy and decided that he was straight. I reckon, unless you've actually been with same/opposite sexes it's just too uncertain and you should try it, on the sly, until you try something so bold. Cause that guy got ripped on to no end for that one.

zulu.fox

Nov 20, 2011
Baneat said:
It's not entirely unwarranted, a bicurious guy who's just giving it a go is far more likely to waste your time and realise it's not for them or whatever when it's presented for real than someone a little more secure in what they like. And I bet there's a bunch of "Bicurious" that are just really desperate straights that'll take anything they can get.

If you ever had that happen to you, you'd sympathise with the concept a little more. An unnamed person came out as bisexual and remained so for a year, never doing anything with another guy and decided that he was straight. I reckon, unless you've actually been with same/opposite sexes it's just too uncertain and you should try it, on the sly, until you try something so bold. Cause that guy got ripped on to no end for that one.

Ok you make a fair point. I just find it hard to grasp. I know I am Bi and have done for a good few years, I have batted for both sides so to speak. Fortunately I have not encountered this situation yet (probably because my current post grad uni doesn't really have a LGBT scene.) I think I was more offended by people automatically placing all Bi's into the same cliche.

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
Crazy_Dude said:
No one is 100% straight or gay everyone is at least a little bisexual. Most people don´t really grasp the concept of bisexuality and call you either straight or gay, but why couldn´t you be both?
Actually, some people are 100% straight. A person who is exclusively attracted to their own gender both physically and emotionally, without feeling any notion of attraction (either physical or romantically/emotionally) towards their own gender is 100% straight.

Just as it's dumb to claim Bisexuality doesn't exist, it's also dumb to claim that Heterosexuality doesn't exist. :/

guntotingtomcat said:
MysticToast said:
guntotingtomcat said:
Sexuality doesn't exist. We're attracted to people, not genders.
Anyone I've ever been attracted to was a girl. I've never been attracted to someone who is of my gender....
1. I am wiling to bet that there are women out there that you find unattractive. This would suggest that you are not exclusively attracted to gender.
2. I am also wiling to bet that if you met a male who looked exactly like a woman, let us assume a woman with attributes that would normally seem attractive to you, then you would like their physical appearance. This suggests that genitalia has less to do with attraction as does physical attributes.
3. You could suggest that it is exclusively female attributes you find attractive, but that alone suggests that a simple 'left, middle or right' system does not account for the full spectrum of sexuality.
4. Until you have met every man who has ever existed, you cannot claim to say that you will never be attracted to a man (I know you didn't make that claim, I'm just grasping at a point). It is possible that there is an individual out there whose physical attributions and behavior are attractive to you, and that individual may just happen to have a penis.
But what if you're attracted to someone, until the point when you find out they have a penis, then become entirely dis-interested?

Plus. Being attracted to women and mistaking a man for a woman, does not make one any less heterosexual. It simply means you need to look closer next time. :x

OT: Of course it does, if someone says it doesn't they're dumb.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
zulu.fox said:
Baneat said:

Ok you make a fair point. I just find it hard to grasp. I know I am Bi and have done for a good few years, I have batted for both sides so to speak. Fortunately I have not encountered this situation yet (probably because my current post grad uni doesn't really have a LGBT scene.) I think I was more offended by people automatically placing all Bi's into the same cliche.
Since you didn't mention females I didn't feel it prudent to mention, but I will do so anyway. The thing that guy did, I know of three girls who did the same thing. Now, I'm not saying they definitely did it for attention, but the possibility's definitely there, especially since, as we know, it's just different for males and females at this time.

There's altogether too much bullshit in the topic as a whole. I can understand that, seeing that I know of a few people who have done that, people will often automatically percieve you in that way.

The world is percieved in what we see, but in fact it works mostly on what we can't.

Nov 28, 2007
I'm bi, although I didn't admit it to myself until I was 18. Even then, it took 3 years to come out to my parents.

And yes, it is tiring to have straight people say you are just confused, and gay people say you are in denial. I think both Angelina Jolie and Daniel Craig are hot. How is that ambiguous? Well, personal opinions notwithstanding. I am attracted to boys and girls, therefore I am bi. Simple as that.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
As far as your personal tale, ignore them. I hear it all the time AS A WOMAN. Yes, there are men I would go straight for and women I'd go lesbian for. However since none of them are attracted to me or available I'm neither straight nor gay. I go for both genders. I have moments(like now) when I'm more attracted to women than men and moments where its switched. Most of the time however I am equally attracted to men and women. People can call me what they want but in the end it is what I think that matters.

To answer your question: I think it is a matter of your personal viewpoint. For some people it is just a matter of finding the gender that makes you happiest. Some people it is experimentation. Others truly are equally attracted to men and women. In the end, who am I to say what gender someone else is attracted to? I am not them nor am I a mind reader or able to get into their thoughts.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Baneat said:
zulu.fox said:
Baneat said:

Since you didn't mention females I didn't feel it prudent to mention, but I will do so anyway. The thing that guy did, I know of three girls who did the same thing. Now, I'm not saying they definitely did it for attention, but the possibility's definitely there, especially since, as we know, it's just different for males and females at this time.

There's altogether too much bullshit in the topic as a whole. I can understand that, seeing that I know of a few people who have done that, people will often automatically percieve you in that way.

The world is percieved in what we see, but in fact it works mostly on what we can't.
And I will say on the topic of females(and this may just be a southern california thing) it is completely an attention getting thing to tease the boys with. Saying "oh yeah I'm into girls as well as guys and would be down for a threesome" is what makes the guys go for them. For the truly bi/lesbian girls out here those girls piss us off.

SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
arc1991 said:
Redlin5 said:
arc1991 said:
Redlin5 said:
arc1991 said:
Being Bisexual myself i can easily say it isn't bullshit xD

It really doesn't matter what people think, i get it a lot to, some people just don't understand :p
It is what you think of it that matters methinks. I can't understand the attraction to men because I don't feel anything in that way when I'm around attractive men. Just because I don't understand doesn't mean I will condemn :D

[sub]I understand the attraction to girls very easily XD[/sub]
Your telling me you wouldn't go gay for any male celeb?

Cause it doesn't matter, straight or not, there is always one! xD
Then I haven't found that piece of mancandy yet.
Not even Johnny Depp?

Come on, he is one sexy guy...Even for a straight dude xD
Naw man, im with Redlin. Sure, Johnny Depp looks good, but going gay for him... Nope dude, just nope. Dont even want to imagine it.

Maybe im a hyper-heterosexual or something. Better start campaigning for equality! ;)
You know even as a woman I will say Johnny Depp is NOT that hot. I can think of hotter men and women.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Really? One of my ex's had a crush on him. You know, in the way that normal people have minor crushes on movie stars. None of that screaming in front of the movie theater business.

But seriously? Im kinda surprised. Just goes to show that I have no sense of what women find attractive and what not, which explains a lot too.
I'm kind of an oddity as far as women go. I still think Sean Connery is really hot so *shrugs* Though my idea for hot on a guy tends to be the tall skinny kinda lanky ish nerdy geeky gamer guys with glasses

Nov 28, 2007
aprilmarie said:
Really? One of my ex's had a crush on him. You know, in the way that normal people have minor crushes on movie stars. None of that screaming in front of the movie theater business.

But seriously? Im kinda surprised. Just goes to show that I have no sense of what women find attractive and what not, which explains a lot too.
I'm kind of an oddity as far as women go. I still think Sean Connery is really hot so *shrugs* Though my idea for hot on a guy tends to be the tall skinny kinda lanky ish nerdy geeky gamer guys with glasses
So...less Johnny Depp and more Milo from "Atlantis: The Lost Empire".

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
thebobmaster said:
aprilmarie said:

So...less Johnny Depp and more Milo from "Atlantis: The Lost Empire".
pretty much. I like em intelligent and nerdy as hell. And if they look it it makes me find them more attractive.....

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
If people are going to be immature assholes about it then just ignore them, and feel free to tell them they're being immature because they need to learn it.