Bizarre Creations Says a Video Goodbye

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bizarre Creations Says a Video Goodbye

To mark the last day of its existence, Bizarre Creations [http://www.bizarrecreations.com/] Cinematic Director Eamon Urtone has released a short montage video celebrating the studio's long and productive history.

Today is the day that Bizarre Creations, the studio that was founded in 1994 and found its greatest success in the racing genre, closes its doors forever. Bizarre is probably best known as the creator of the Xbox-exclusive Blur [http://www.amazon.com/Project-Gotham-Racing-4-Xbox-360/dp/B000UKZ20S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298049234&sr=8-1], didn't live up to expectations and after trying unsuccessfully to sell the studio, Activision decided in January to shut it down.

Urtone's farewell video isn't filled with teary-eyed Bizarre staffers, nor is it a raging rant against Activision or the circumstances that brought it to this point. It's just a montage of clips from several of Bizarre's games, set to an appropriately melancholy piano track, to remind us of the good times. It's a sad but very classy way to wrap things up.

So long, Bizarre. Thanks for all the memories.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Never been a fan of their chosen niche but it sucks that those people lost their jobs and all.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
I'm gonna miss those guys. PGR and Geometry Wars was part of what lead to me picking up an 360 over a PS3 back in the day.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Damn...what a great studio. Geometry Wars itself became a full-blown XBLA hit, out of a mini-game in PGR.

Hell, a lot of Geo Wars players I've spoken to don't even know that it's from PGR.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
It's always sad to see a dedicated company go, but I'd be lying if I said I'd miss any of those franchises/games... or that I ever cared about them.

That said, best of luck to everyone who worked at Bizarre, and let's hope they all get at least equally fulfilling jobs asap. Always sucks to see a company go after all.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I didn't realize they did The Club. The game didn't do well, but I think that was largely due to it being an arcade style game in a console world.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
why did they never do another pgr game? after it all it was hailed as one of the contenders w gt and forza and the like with a good stable of cars and good physics.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Jim Grim said:
I never played a single one of those games.
I was just thinking... I don't think I've played a single on of their games. So I guess that's two of us.