Bizarre Creations Says a Video Goodbye

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
This Video is amazing. It made me sad about the studio closing even though I have not played any of the games they made or even heard about them.

Kudos

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Damn...what a great studio. Geometry Wars itself became a full-blown XBLA hit, out of a mini-game in PGR.

Hell, a lot of Geo Wars players I've spoken to don't even know that it's from PGR.
I was entirely unaware of that. And Geometry Wars 2 is one of my favorite games.

I'll rage for you Bizarre. Fuck you Activision. Fuck you Kotick.
I was really hoping for some geometry wars on the 3ds. sad day.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Jim Grim said:
I never played a single one of those games.
I was thinking the same thing until GEOMETRY WARS FUCK YEAH

I wonder if this means Geometry Wars will never make it to Brazilian XLive.

I don't weep for Bizarre, since apparently most of the talents already have some place to go, so it's more of a requiem for a gone age than any actual melancholy. I do weep for Blur, since I was the only one who would like it and I didn't even buy it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
kevo.mf.last said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Damn...what a great studio. Geometry Wars itself became a full-blown XBLA hit, out of a mini-game in PGR.

Hell, a lot of Geo Wars players I've spoken to don't even know that it's from PGR.
I was entirely unaware of that. And Geometry Wars 2 is one of my favorite games.

I'll rage for you Bizarre. Fuck you Activision. Fuck you Kotick.
I was really hoping for some geometry wars on the 3ds. sad day.
3D Geo Wars would blow my little mind...

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I know it's all very sad and all but the closure of a company doesn't deserve a eulogy. These people are all talented individuals working in a booming entertainment industry and they'llhave moved onto other projects within a few months. Just because a studio has shut down, does not mean the people in it are forever without work.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Cabamacadaf said:
cerebus23 said:
why did they never do another pgr game? after it all it was hailed as one of the contenders w gt and forza and the like with a good stable of cars and good physics.
They were bought by Activision. Microsoft owns the PGR franchise.
ahh thanks that explains it stupid ms and stupider activision.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
That's a shame, I remember playing PGR and having quite a good time when it was first released on the original Xbox, PGR4 was pretty good too.

Good night, sweet prince.

Marcosn

Jun 26, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
All of you are at fault for not buying Blur. ALL OF YOU.

Even I didn't. And the beta was fun as hell.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, does it? See you, Bizzare. Hope your employees found another studio some time down the... line?
I DID!!! (but dear god was the handling messed up on that)
I also loved the geometry wars on XBLA, see what you've done activision yet again?!?!

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
Metropolis Street Racer sold me on this dev so long ago. The successor series, Project Gotham Racing provided some of the best racing I have ever played. You will be sorely missed Bizzare!

EDIT: Fur Fighters! That was a great game!

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
HuCast said:
Kudos guys-and thanks for the wonderful hours on and offline! I will miss you. I still remember that I had to get out of bed at three in the morning so that I could win the tokyo races in MSR during daylight. Kudos and farewell! :(
HAH! You brought back memories!

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Never really played any games by this company but...it sucks that they all lost their jobs, none of them deserved to and that is what makes this very saddening to see happen.

Also: KOTTTTTIIIICCCKKKKK!!!!! *shakes fist at sky in anger*

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
Loved these guys since MSR on the Dreamcast. To date, I don't think I have ever sunk so many hours into a racing game as I had PGR2. AH, PGR2, the memories. :D

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I hate seeing Classical done wrong, which makes it all the better when I se it done right. That was a really good and effective use of Claire De Lune. I quite enjoyed PGR. still listen to the soundtrack every now and then too.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:

i do, it was amazing! i loved in between races in the showroom, just go play the arcade machine, and then completely forget which race i was doing lol.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
To all the people blaming Activision, read this:
Bizarre Creations said:
The perfect solution for us is to join the ranks of Activision, alongside their other talented studios. It's a pretty incredible chance for Bizarre to improve ourselves and make the most of all the fantastic new opportunities this opens up.
Bizarre isn't a developer in financial trouble, and we're certainly not looking to be "saved" by a bigger corporation. We're a dev looking to take our games to the next level, and make the absolute best products we can possibly make.
So that's pretty much the idea behind it. Bizarre are happy because it means we're completely safe as a company, we all get to stay exactly the same, and we now have the opportunity to stretch our legs with some brand new game concepts. This is going to be fun...
Link [http://www.bizarrecreations.com/article.php?article_id=5277#pressrelease] to the press release which is dead these days (like the entire News section).

So get this:
They joined(!) a publisher with shitloads of cash (I wonder why), made a contract, underperformed and got axed.
Where's the problem?
You do a shitty job, you get fired, it's the same for absolutely everyone; even your most beloved B. Kotick has to abide this rule.

I never got why gamers demand that devs should be an exception to that, but then again, I guess it's always easy to talk about money that isn't yours.