Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Riff Moonraker said:
The boss at the end of Darksiders II was so easy I thought it was a set-up for something bigger from him. Nope, he stayed dead.
This. So much this. I thought he was gonna be one of those three stage bosses. Like you kill him the first time, and then he comes back in a more powerful form. But nope. Stayus dead, final cutscene, lame attempt to tie into the first game. Tres disappointing.

And I grind my teeth at anyone who is saying the final boss of Borderlands 2. I hated that ************ with a passion. Mainly because I kept getting randomly instantly killed. It happened twice as soon as I stepped into ther arena. So much so I had to beat it by cheating.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Shoggoth2588 said:
As for bosses your fight on your own...I dunno, Ifrit from Final Fantasy VIII? I mean, you can grind your way up to Demi-Godhood before taking him on so that makes things almost insultingly easy.
That'll be Ifrit the VERY first boss? Hardly a let down!

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
I'm sure some people will disagree with me here, but the final boss in No More Heroes (Jeane) seemed way to easy to me. I found it very easy to deal with her and clear the game, while I had to continue about four times fighting Bad Girl.

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
The Warrior in Borderlands 2, He never hit me, not even once i just shoot at his chest with any weapon until he dies and he is never able defend himself in any way.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Well, for all the hype the Big Bad of Oblivion had he was beat through the power of cut-scenes.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Rabish Bini said:
Darth Nihilus in Knights of the Old Republic II

Can eat planets, but gets squashed like an ant.
You know, I can't even remember how I killed him. It was conversation, presses a couple of buttons, more conversation, he's dead. Wut?

I think all the final bosses were super easy in that game. Way underwhelming compared to the first one. Can you blame LucasArts for that one too?

OT: The end boss in Bully made me not want to play it anymore. And the end boss (before EC) in ME3. And well...KotOR II I guess.

iHateAshlyGraham

Oct 10, 2012
End game of RAGE. God i hated it. i guess its not really a "boss" but then again are not bosses in the whole game... Horrible horrible ending

iHateAshlyGraham

Oct 10, 2012
The Mega InnerPlanetary Ninja Assissin at the end of the Claptraps New Robolution for Borderlands 1 DLC. Hide between a rock and the rock wall and shoot his eye between the 3 second intervuls of the eye laser shots. the only thing about this battle is that it can be VERY time consuming

iHateAshlyGraham

Oct 10, 2012
Ausman Saddler from RES Evil 4 on Professional mode. Shoot him 1 friggin' time with the PRL 14? is that what its called? The Laser Gun from Star Trek. One Shot Kill. don't even have to mess around with the special Rocket Launcher Ada throws your way after you stab his eye 6 or 7 times. piece of CAKE!

iHateAshlyGraham

Oct 10, 2012
Magenera said:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick. Also Dragon Dogma, was told the white hydra would be hard, within a few seconds using High Bolide he is done. I am forgetting a few bosses.

Yeah i totally agree. i ddin't even take out his Surveyors. it took literally 10 sec on TVH mode. Jack is Ridiculously easy too. if you hit him with an elemental you can see where he is becuase of the DoT points flying everywhere and then just shotgun him to shit. i do have to say that Axtons turret is HORRIBLE in that map. all it did for me was shoot at Rakks or waste ammo and rockets on Crystalisks. speaking of which if you have a somewhat high powered Vladof Sniper Rifle The Warrior is cake too. blast his chest and get tons of CIT HITs untill jack tells him to dive. I farmed this boss many a time before going into TVH mode.

Stripes

May 22, 2012
Gaping dragon in dark souls. Telegraphs his attacks to such an extent where if you get caught by one your either an idiot or a beginner. Dude has a fairly large amount of health but that boss requires no skill whatsoever.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Nieroshai said:
bullet_sandw1ch said:
Magenera said:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick. Also Dragon Dogma, was told the white hydra would be hard, within a few seconds using High Bolide he is done. I am forgetting a few bosses.
yes. wilhelm was a cakewalk. also:
handsome jack. he died in around 4 shots from my explosive shotgun.
Were you over-levelled? He was ridiculously tough for me, my decoy ability saved my bacon.
nope. i was two levels below him.

Chaosmancer

Jul 21, 2011
Stripes said:
Gaping dragon in dark souls. Telegraphs his attacks to such an extent where if you get caught by one your either an idiot or a beginner. Dude has a fairly large amount of health but that boss requires no skill whatsoever.
Unless you get caught just at the end of the hitbox (I have accidentally been hit by his legs whilst going for a rather bold tactic of trying to be as close to him as possible so that I can actually get some good hits in before he decides to fly). The other option is if you fail to leave yourself with enough stamina to get away (this can be a problem even with the Grass Crest Shield). I still say that Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss, assuming you rush him and don't let him get too many clones out... pinwheel skeletons, on the other hand, are probably the bane of my existence, alongside skeleton beasts.

Stripes

May 22, 2012
Chaosmancer said:
Stripes said:
Unless you get caught just at the end of the hitbox (I have accidentally been hit by his legs whilst going for a rather bold tactic of trying to be as close to him as possible so that I can actually get some good hits in before he decides to fly). The other option is if you fail to leave yourself with enough stamina to get away (this can be a problem even with the Grass Crest Shield). I still say that Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss, assuming you rush him and don't let him get too many clones out... pinwheel skeletons, on the other hand, are probably the bane of my existence, alongside skeleton beasts.
Fuck those guys. Pinwheel can be tricky if you dont know what to expect, if you treat him like you would any other boss (with hesitation) he will kick your arse. If you are careful with the gaping dragon he can do very little.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Dark Souls: I found Nito to be somewhat easy compared to the other Lord bosses, then again I did have a +5 Artorias Greatsword, but still. Pinwheel was also incredibly easy. Come to think of it the only real dangers in the catacombs/tomb is the height and traps.

Demons Souls: Obvious answer is King Allant and the Monk (when offline or no players around). Not so obvious answer, Leechmonger and Dirty Colossus. Bring a bunch of firebombs or have flame toss, and things finish surprisingly quickly

Arkham City: The final boss with Clayface, but only after the fact. I assumed he was the second-to-last boss so didn't put much thought into his easiness until I realized "No, he is the final boss, and he's incredibly easy for a final boss"

Metal Gear Solid 2: The Vamp boss battle. For one thing the guy had been hyped up as this invincible super being, and even when introducing the boss area it seems like it will be really challenging. Just save grenade launcher ammo though and he'll go down pretty quickly, which was kind of disappointing.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
Taurus demon in Dark Souls (IF you use the Lightning coating on your weapon). Only IF you use that. I just found it out since i wanted to kill him quick. Covered my blade in lightning and jesus christ, he didn't have a prayer.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Tallim said:
only a mini-boss but this one from Bulletstorm....

Yeah I loved that, first you see the pool of acid and sarcastically say to yourself "gee I wonder whats gonna happen here?" then the monster and think to yourself "Oh for Christ sake I already see what to do here, its gonna be tiresome trying to get him into that pool" and then he just trips over and falls in :D. So good.

OT God of War has a stellar boss fight with one of the Olympian gods, must have taken me at least 20 tries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVMmBvr0Ds