Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
Stripes said:
Chaosmancer said:
Stripes said:
Gaping dragon in dark souls. Telegraphs his attacks to such an extent where if you get caught by one your either an idiot or a beginner. Dude has a fairly large amount of health but that boss requires no skill whatsoever.
Unless you get caught just at the end of the hitbox (I have accidentally been hit by his legs whilst going for a rather bold tactic of trying to be as close to him as possible so that I can actually get some good hits in before he decides to fly). The other option is if you fail to leave yourself with enough stamina to get away (this can be a problem even with the Grass Crest Shield). I still say that Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss, assuming you rush him and don't let him get too many clones out... pinwheel skeletons, on the other hand, are probably the bane of my existence, alongside skeleton beasts.
Fuck those guys. Pinwheel can be tricky if you dont know what to expect, if you treat him like you would any other boss (with hesitation) he will kick your arse. If you are careful with the gaping dragon he can do very little.
I hate everything about Skeleton beasts. On topic: the final boss in Dark Souls. I reached him, and just owned him. It was still exhilarating in the I finished it way, but not near the level, of say, Smough and Ornstein.

Chaosmancer

Jul 21, 2011
Eternal_Lament said:
Dirty Colossus.
Forgot about him... if I remember rightly, I just arrow spammed him to death, because he didn't know where I was due to my use of the Ring of Fog (or the Demon's Souls equivalent of the Ring of Fog, can't remember)... might've been magic spam actually, but oh well. I didn't even know he was blind, I just forgot to remove the Ring of Fog because I forgot I had it equipped (the skeletons were being a massive pain in my arse, so I lured them one by one). If I remember rightly, I didn't have too much trouble with the Adjudicator (fat dude with the long tongue, and the hammer, if I remember correctly), I accidentally found a place that was quite far from him, then I just magic spammed... it was a little tense because of MP restoration pauses, and he did almost kill me (he went for an attack, but my magic hit first). I did have a little trouble with the monk... although, I think it may have been mostly because of the Black Phantom Soul Flayers on the way there (more utilisation of the Ring of Fog helped)... also, the unskippable cutscene added a little annoyance (I think it was mostly the monk's magic that did me in, as well as me not managing my stamina and not releasing L1 to restore stamina faster, but when I stopped screwing up, it was rather easy).

Hmm... I think that the Dragon God was kind of easy when you figured out to not attack him straight on, after figuring that out, it just becomes trial and error with dodging his attacks, and when he is down, it is just about not getting caught by his telegraphed attacks (if I remember correctly).

Fool's Idol was relatively easy, although you may have had to defeat it twice in the first paythrough, unless you looked it up or decided on killing the guy despite his claims of being innocent.

The Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls is arguably easy... sure, you can die by bottomless pit a lot, but it is relatively easy to get from bonfire to it, and it doesn't fully regenerate, the hardest part for me was getting the second orb, it only took me two tries to get to the centre (would've been one, but I got sideswiped mid-jump). It technically dies in one hit (three if you count one hit on each of the orbs), other than that, it was mainly just luck of not getting knocked into a pit, if I remember correctly.

Taurus Demon was quite easy with Firebombs that can be 'borrowed' from the corpses of hollows (especially if you are standing in a certain area on the bridge and just repeat block, throw firebomb. Not completely foolproof, but mostly).

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
Skyrim- I just finished the final battle against Alduin on master in 30 seconds.
He appeared- i did a small dragonrend shout to make him land...he decided to fly in a circle before he landed. By the time he landed my shout had recharched and i did a full out 'mark for death'. Me and the 3 other warriors just ran at him and hacked him.
Job done.
My character was well prepared (I used smithing gear and a non-cheat potion to smith the dragonblade I used)That was the closest thing to an exploit.

Ended up being a let down.

Lopende Paddo

Aug 26, 2004
Shoggoth2588 said:
Anybody remember Lucien from Fable 2? If not than SPOILER WARNING

Thank you Reaver, for ending the game for me.
Yes, I just walked up to him and i though "I GOT THE DROP ON HIM" :D " Shot him Immediately and...

"WUUUUUUUuuuuuuut?! :S"

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
mitchell271 said:
So I was playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution recently and...
the second boss fight, the one that takes place in Eliza's core room was really, really easy. I didn't grab the heavy rifle before going in, I didn't use my guns to electrocute the ground, I just used my Typhoon on her twice. That's it! That killed her! It was really weird because combat in the game is normally very challenging, especially if you sank all your upgrade points into stealth and hacking.
So, has anyone else played a game with a oddly easy boss fight?
Yeah, imagine doing the boss fight spec'd entirely into stealth and hacking. I barely had any points in armor and health. All the boss fights in that game can actually be done pretty easily. I think the next boss fight you do is the most infamous.

This is the muscle guy.
This guy will normally reck your shit, but I beat him in one shot.
If you try to melee him normally you get countered. But when the fight first starts, he jumps over a wall immideately to his right (your left). Run to the opposite side of the wall. As soon as he hits the top of the wall hit B (melee). You'll coldcock him.
Fight over.

Still a great game.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Chaosmancer said:
Eternal_Lament said:
Dirty Colossus.
Forgot about him... if I remember rightly, I just arrow spammed him to death, because he didn't know where I was due to my use of the Ring of Fog (or the Demon's Souls equivalent of the Ring of Fog, can't remember)... might've been magic spam actually, but oh well. I didn't even know he was blind, I just forgot to remove the Ring of Fog because I forgot I had it equipped (the skeletons were being a massive pain in my arse, so I lured them one by one). If I remember rightly, I didn't have too much trouble with the Adjudicator (fat dude with the long tongue, and the hammer, if I remember correctly), I accidentally found a place that was quite far from him, then I just magic spammed... it was a little tense because of MP restoration pauses, and he did almost kill me (he went for an attack, but my magic hit first). I did have a little trouble with the monk... although, I think it may have been mostly because of the Black Phantom Soul Flayers on the way there (more utilisation of the Ring of Fog helped)... also, the unskippable cutscene added a little annoyance (I think it was mostly the monk's magic that did me in, as well as me not managing my stamina and not releasing L1 to restore stamina faster, but when I stopped screwing up, it was rather easy).

Hmm... I think that the Dragon God was kind of easy when you figured out to not attack him straight on, after figuring that out, it just becomes trial and error with dodging his attacks, and when he is down, it is just about not getting caught by his telegraphed attacks (if I remember correctly).

Fool's Idol was relatively easy, although you may have had to defeat it twice in the first paythrough, unless you looked it up or decided on killing the guy despite his claims of being innocent.

The Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls is arguably easy... sure, you can die by bottomless pit a lot, but it is relatively easy to get from bonfire to it, and it doesn't fully regenerate, the hardest part for me was getting the second orb, it only took me two tries to get to the centre (would've been one, but I got sideswiped mid-jump). It technically dies in one hit (three if you count one hit on each of the orbs), other than that, it was mainly just luck of not getting knocked into a pit, if I remember correctly.

Taurus Demon was quite easy with Firebombs that can be 'borrowed' from the corpses of hollows (especially if you are standing in a certain area on the bridge and just repeat block, throw firebomb. Not completely foolproof, but mostly).
I think you confused Dirty Colossus with Old Hero. Old Hero is the blind giant swordsman in the tomb within the storm lands, while Dirty Colossus is the giant tree-folk thing hanging out in the giant poison swamp in the valley. But on that note Old Hero is easy if you know right away that he's blind. Adjudicator is easy if you just wear light armor, strafe to his back side and just slash at his wound. He'll fall down at which point you just spam attack the bird. And again, the monk is easy so long as they aren't another player.

Dragon God is easy, but I didn't bother mentioning it because it's ease to win is harder to figure out than other easy bosses in the game. Fool's idol is deceptive, weak but easy to fool you. I also found Bed of Chaos easy, which is funny since apparently it's notorious online for being hard (then again I found the supposedly weak-sauce Four Kings to be a kick in the dick, so what do I know). As for Taurus, the only thing players should worry about is him knocking you off the ledge, but that's about it.

Hazmattuxedo2404

Aug 30, 2011
Gary from bully ,seriously you chase him a bit then he goes down like a ***** in a few decent punches. Just from replaying it again after a few years I realised that it's way easier than I remembered.

Chaosmancer

Jul 21, 2011
Eternal_Lament said:
Chaosmancer said:
Eternal_Lament said:
Dirty Colossus.

I think you confused Dirty Colossus with Old Hero. Old Hero is the blind giant swordsman in the tomb within the storm lands, while Dirty Colossus is the giant tree-folk thing hanging out in the giant poison swamp in the valley. But on that note Old Hero is easy if you know right away that he's blind. Adjudicator is easy if you just wear light armor, strafe to his back side and just slash at his wound. He'll fall down at which point you just spam attack the bird. And again, the monk is easy so long as they aren't another player.

Dragon God is easy, but I didn't bother mentioning it because it's ease to win is harder to figure out than other easy bosses in the game. Fool's idol is deceptive, weak but easy to fool you. I also found Bed of Chaos easy, which is funny since apparently it's notorious online for being hard (then again I found the supposedly weak-sauce Four Kings to be a kick in the dick, so what do I know). As for Taurus, the only thing players should worry about is him knocking you off the ledge, but that's about it.
Ah right... I don't remember fighting that one, so I can't remember how easy or hard it was. The Stormruler boss wasn't too difficult, if I remember correctly, assuming you had enough arrows... he did seem to like hovering above me for a little while before running away though, making it easy to turn him into a pin cushion.

Maiden Astrea was easy, but that was to prove a point, if I remember correctly (well, you don't even have to attack her to win).

The Bed of Chaos is easy but irksome, easy in the sense of kill two orbs, then kill it, easy in the sense that it doesn't go back to its first phase (i.e. orbs stay dead), irksome in the sense of sweeping branches knocking you into one of the many bottomless pits, forcing you to work your way back there. I have to say that I did have quite a bit of trouble with the Four Kings, especially in New Game +... although, when playing with phantoms, it is nice to see that I an not the only one that accidentally cocks up the drop if I am going from the top ledge (if you clip anything on the way down, you are pretty much screwed).

It may not technically count as a boss, but I am going to say the Iodrome on Monster Hunter... my friend watched my kill it with nothing but a Centaur Helmet and the melee attack from a Rathian Bow (the Centaur Helmet was because I had no other gear that was compatible with a bow user).

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
No More Heroes, Rank 3: Speed Buster

Run run run run, take cover when you see the death laser coming from a kilometre away... run run run run...

It wasn't even a fight. It was just running and taking cover... Rank 2 was WAY tougher in comparison!

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Idoun from Fire Emblem 6, If you have even a competent roy, you should be able to defeat her in one round of combat.

also, the final round with dirk in Valkyria chronicles II was so easy once you destroy the power generator. he fell to one auto-sniper burst to the head. Also, all combat with Audrey. Did she really think that her sherman calliope was supposed to threaten my tiger tank. Hell the only reason she's hard to kill in her final battle is cuz you can't fight her with your tank.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
Titan Joker from Arkham Asylum. Was seriously expecting a major ass-kicking on both sides. But that didn't happen.

Skeith2005

Master Of Mashed Potatoes
Aug 31, 2008
I thought Gaping Dragon from Dark Souls was a push over. The arena is so massive, and the only real strategy was attack > roll > wait for it to bash the ground > repeat. Solaire of Astora and Knight Lautrec just made it a massive joke. Capra Demon kicked my ass for 2 days before I finally managed to beat him, so a laughably easy boss was definitely welcome.

Stripes

May 22, 2012
Snowblindblitz said:
Stripes said:
Chaosmancer said:
Stripes said:
Gaping dragon in dark souls. Telegraphs his attacks to such an extent where if you get caught by one your either an idiot or a beginner. Dude has a fairly large amount of health but that boss requires no skill whatsoever.
Unless you get caught just at the end of the hitbox (I have accidentally been hit by his legs whilst going for a rather bold tactic of trying to be as close to him as possible so that I can actually get some good hits in before he decides to fly). The other option is if you fail to leave yourself with enough stamina to get away (this can be a problem even with the Grass Crest Shield). I still say that Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss, assuming you rush him and don't let him get too many clones out... pinwheel skeletons, on the other hand, are probably the bane of my existence, alongside skeleton beasts.
Fuck those guys. Pinwheel can be tricky if you dont know what to expect, if you treat him like you would any other boss (with hesitation) he will kick your arse. If you are careful with the gaping dragon he can do very little.
I hate everything about Skeleton beasts. On topic: the final boss in Dark Souls. I reached him, and just owned him. It was still exhilarating in the I finished it way, but not near the level, of say, Smough and Ornstein.
Yeah everything about Nito's crib is annoying as balls. The final boss was supposed to be challenging but possible with every play style, like an ultimate challenge as a finale. Instead you just parry that mofo and he goes down in less than a minute.

Chaosmancer

Jul 21, 2011
Just been playing Crash Bandicoot again, and Pinstripe Portoroo is extremely easy, the first boss I didn't lose a life or one of the two allotted Akus to. I did go ahead and lose over 20 lives on The High Road, thus resulting in game over, so I will need to beat him again, but oh well.