Black Cloud-RP (rebooting) [Open/accepting sheets]

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Watching the others Theran shook his head, and took a step back. "[small]IF YOU WISH TO LEAVE I WILL NOT STOP YOU BUT I DO WISH YOU WOULD RECONSIDER. YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOURSELVES IN THE MACHINE IF THAT IS WHAT YOU FEAR. THE UPGRADE WILL MAKE FASTER STRONGER SMARTER ABLE TO REPAIR DAMAGE IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME BUT YOUR MIND WILL STILL BE YOUR OWN. [/small]"

"If any of you come closer, this thing goes boom."

"[small]I DO NOT BELIEVE SUCH ACTIONS WILL BE NECESSARY KEAL. IF YOU STOP RESISTING AND ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE UPGRADED YOU COULD UPGRADE YOUR ANIMAL COMPANION AS WELL. I DO NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND THE ATTACHMENT BETWEEN HUMANS AND THE ANIMALS THEY HAVE DOMSTICATED BUT I DO KNOW THAT BOND CAN BE STRONG. I KNOW NATUALLY YOU WILL OUT LIVE ANGEL BUT WITH THE UPGRADE YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO LOSE HER.[/small]"

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal hesitated stopping mid stride and holding the pose, thinking... Angel could live too.... then he screwed his face up at the thought of Angel becoming a robotic dog. "No. There is no way in hell I am making my dog into some kind of cyborg. Back the hell away. You frigging robots don't understand. I like being human. I love my dog being a dog. She is my damn family. I do not want bits of metal stuck inside of me or her. Screw upgrading, and screw you, Theran."

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash backed into the elevator with Keal and pulled Calia and Kabreeg inside, "Theran you fool, I always thought you were the weak link, this thing, it can't be trusted." He yelled at Theran before instructing Beth to cut the cables, she did so with two swift slashes of her blades and with a lurch the elevator scratched downwards, Grash raised his revolver and shot three times as close to Theran's head as he could muster before the cable snapped fully sending them plummeting downwards.

He had to judge it perfectly, every second they fell he got more and more scared they'd missed it, looking down he glimpsed a shard of light, a hole, the door, without hesitation he turned and wrenched Kabreeg's sword from him and extended it plunging it through the wall of the elevator and deep into the wall of the shaft sending him flying upwards into the roof as sparks and shrapnel tore at his face and loud screeches burned into his ears. He awoke, his vision blurred, his head still ringing, pulling himself up from the floor of the lob-sided compartment, the whole room pivoting on the lodged sword he looked around, his vision now clearing. "Is everyone alive?" He asked, clutching his head, there were vague groans, Keal looked like he'd smashed a shoulder into the ceiling, his armour was dented, one of his shoulder-plates now concave, Calia had managed to hold on to a railing and the others seemed to have taken lesser blows. Above he saw the crack of light that had alerted him, standing on one of the railings he reached up to it and sinking his fingers through he forced the door open and scrambled through onto what looked like the deck above the one they had entered from, turning he began to help the others out of the compartment, finally using both hands, a foot placed on either side of the door he managed to pull the hefty Kabreeg out who turned and retrieved his sword which with a groan sent the elevator falling down into the depths.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal moaned as he awkwardly moved his shoulder around, trying to fit it back in. His head still hurt from smashing the hole in the elevator, and now his shoulder ached. As he moaned and groaned, he realised he still had the grenade in his hand. "Shit!" Keal threw the grenade down the elevator shaft, hearing a series of clunks and bumps as the grenade bounced it's way down.

It was half way down when it exploded with a loud BOOM! and a rush of fire. As the flames went out, Keal looked up above. He wished Theran would stick his head out, even though he was so far up, so Keal could take the bastards head off. Keal swung his assault rifle out using his undamaged right arm, and held the rifle up the shaft. He pulled the trigger and a stream of bullets shot out.

The rifle danced around and bullets pinged off the sides of the shaft. Keal almost dropped the rifle, but caught it and pulled it back in. Keal hadn't planned to hit anything, just to send a message.

Don't come down.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
BETH slowly rose to her feet, her eyes flashing for a moment.

"Running diagnostic... Shields 47%. External damage minimal. Internal damage zero. I am fine, my shields absorbed the worst of the impact."

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
"I think I broke about half the bones in my body. But otherwise I'm just sore and pissed off". Calia rubbed her backside. "Thanks for the save boss, but next time let me fall by myself". Calia arched her back, attempting to alleviate some pain. "What are we gona do about Theran? We can't leave him... upgraded can we"?

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
He was saddened by the others reactions. "[small]I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE SO AFRAID. I THOUGHT THE WHOLE POINT OF LIFE WAS TO TRY TO BETTER THAN YOU ARE?[/small]" Turning from that train of thought, he 'looked' inwards to watch the improved nanites continue their work on his body.

Whereas before he had required an interface to translate actions and data between the cybernetic and organic systems of his body, he was now fused into a single techno-organic in all its perfection. Signal delays that he had never been able to totally deal with where gone, the efficiency for his power systems had been increased to a degree he had no thought possible.

The biggest change he noticed was his 'skin'. The nanites where fusing his armour to him, the sleeves and legs of the suit now blending seamlessly into his arms and legs. It was no longer just armour to protect him from attack, and toxic environments, it was his skin now. For the first time he felt whole.

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
"Well isn't that just dandy?" Growled Kabreeg absent mindedly, examining his sword. It was a testemony to its build that it hadn't snapped in half from all the strain it had been through. The steel along the blade was still glowing red with heat, but as it slowly cooled Kabreeg saw the network of scratches and scrapes that now adorned his previously pristine sword. Most Kraxex would have been furious at the damage wrought to their weapon, but Kabreeg was still alive, and without a warrioir's hand, a sword was just a sword.
Spinning it in his hand he flicked the trigger a few times. The blade retracted then extended clunkily, no longer the quiet; fluid motion it had been before.
But he could still cut things in half with it.
"I'm guessing that Hroges is fair game if we ever see him again?" there was a hopeful edge to his voice

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"Yes, I am glad to be rid of him, I brought him because he had power, he seems to have lost touch with organics, fallen prey to greed, there is no way he is going to live, this thing needs no help from him, he'll either be turned into a mindless slave or harvested." Grash said however much it pained him to lose an ally. He looked around, they were still under the smog even at this height, where were they, how far had this thing taken them.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
'So we've lost Theran. And we've still gota blow this thing sky high'. Calia swung around on her heel to face the group. "Well lets get our ass' in gear guys before that thing gets really pissed off at us". Swiftly she retrieved the sawed off shotgun holstered against her leg. "On your orders boss Commander Grash"!

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
So has this officially died, more than a month later? I was reading it as an observer who was in the original, before I went on vacation during last week of March and first week of April ...

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
I hope not, I think things were getting interesting, what with the city sized gun-totting machine of death , so with any luck people will come back?

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
What makes it disheartening isn't even how long it's been since last post; for all I know you guys could have an OOC group for that and decided a hiatus was needed.
What's sad is that plot-wise, this is where the original died. :/ Come on guys, move it along!

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Really?? Wow, thats odd! I think it is our duty, therefore, to try and get Clown to continue this! I'll message him and ThreeWords, tell them that at least two of us still want to do this!

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
I'll jump back in, if this gets revived. I'll bring the bones. *starts chanting*

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
From his moth to your ears, (metaphorically speaking):
"I still have most of the main story paragraphs saved and can be edited with what is done by you so I can reboot this, but we still have too few posters, even with you lot we are limited more than a story-Driven RP can handle."

My own input: Let the PMs be unleashed!

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Sorry mimi, but this will be the 4th time this has been rebooted I think, or third, if we had more people I would, I might some time in the future if so I will contact you :)