Black Cloud-RP (rebooting) [Open/accepting sheets]

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
Nobody could see it, but BETH's scanners were going absolutely crazy, trying to take in every inch of the thing.

"This vehicle is amazing," she said. "I would like to know how it stays powered, or even stays clean. I do not detect any cleaning machinery or personelle."

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
"Overrun eh?" Keal looked around, making sure everyone was here. He looked around at the speeding elevator. "So what IS this? Did you get a good look from the outside?" Keal was holding on and turned to the cyborg and android. "So if this just popped up, who's driving? There has to be someone around here!"

Keal looked around again and then he remembered, his eyes wide open. He quickly checked his weapons. His rifle was still folded in, his blasters still working. He dropped his hand down to his chest. "No holes?! Did my suit plug them?" He flicked on the display. It showed all systems running fine. Keal flexed his stomach. No pain.

He laughed, "I thought I was dead! I was back up in the sky, with Angel. Keal smiled and shook his head, We're not off the surface yet...

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"[small]YOUR SUIT HAS A RATHER EFFECTIVE SELF-REPAIR PROTOCOL THAT I AUGMENTED WITH MY OWN NANOBOTS.[/small]" Theran replied. "[small]WITH DATA FROM BETHANY I WAS ALSO ABLE TO IMTIGATE THE TOXIC SHOCK DUE TO THE SUIT BREACH. THAT SAID I HIGHLY RECCOMEND SEEING A HUMAN MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AFTER THIS MISSION.[/small]"

Although outwardly he wasn't showing it, Theran was getting frustrated. None of his onboard devices where giving him useful information, and every time he caught a whisker of a data stream he was flushed out of it with contemptuous ease. He hated not knowing his surroundings.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Calia ran into the elevator just before the doors shut. She was excited to hear she may be getting food.

Beth questioned aloud on the functions of this hulking behemoth. "Perhaps it's nuclear powered. Thorium? Scan for radiation. And maybe theres no one here. AI, remote control as for why it's clean. I just want some scones, or to go back to the city".

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
"Is someone injured?" asked the voice, "I shall arrange for an autodoc to accompany the synth to the officer's suite. Do hurry."

In the elevator, the voice continued; "Thorium? Don't be ridiculous; fission as a main power source is just so indelicate. I shall show you the designs for the tokomak fusion reactors, should you wish, once we are in the suite"

A soon as everyone was within, the elevator doors whispered shut. There was little appreciable feeling of movement, but on the map-screen, a dot appeared and began tracking toward the pinnacle of the structure.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal snapped his head up, smashing it against the side of the elevator, "Argh!" Keal straightened up and said, "Who the hell was that?! And why is he talking about power sources and suites and what the hell is going on?!"

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
"Please, calm yourself." said the voice, reassuringly, "I am the Director of the this Emplacement, and you are being conducted to the officer's suite where I can properly meet you, and also make available to you such hospitality as food-synths and autodocs. IS there anything else you would care for, perchance?"

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Kabreeg was far from relaxed, but he decided that if they survived this elevator ride then he didn't have much to worry about. If this Director was hostile it would drop the lift and kill them there and then. If it was hostile but DIDN'T drop the lift then it was either cocky or stupid, and either way; not a serious threat.
"I certainly never saw anything like this when I was killing humans over this planet, and believe me, some of the tanks were BIG." He muttered to Grash "And if we were able to pinpoint the location of a smouldering ship-wreck, how come we never detected anything like this before?"

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Pre-War refers to the great wars of the Bad Old Days, before the construction of Aetheros, when humanity nearly tore itself apart over the dwindling resources. Before that was the Belle Epoque, a golden age from which many things have been lost

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Also, there were no Kraxex Pre-war, only after the war did the Kraxex spread to the surface.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
The lift slid silently to a halt and the doors opened with a swoosh revealing a small dark room, only the dim blue light of various monitors and readouts lighting the room, shadows hugging the walls, in the centre amongst a tangle of wired sat a figure cloaked in darkness, all they could see of him was the outline of a round head, moving rapidly as they read the displays. "Urm, we are here.... are you the person we spoke to?" Grash asked, hoping it wasn't some foe about to leap on them, he popped open the holster of his revolver just in case.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Theran slowly stepped out of the elevator, all systems primed in case of an attack. "[small]I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO WHOMEVER IS IN CHARGE OF YOUR CYBER SECURITY...I HAVE QUESTIONS.[/small]" Scanning the room provided little useful information, who or whatever was running these systems was keeping him pretty well shut out.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal looked around, assault rifle already swinging out from his thigh. As it extended and fitted together, he swung again, scanning left to right. Keal stopped when he saw the thing in the seat. Keal kept the gun firmly pressed against his shoulder for a few moments and then slowly lowered it. The head bobbed up and down, reading. "Er... are you the guy we heard on the speakers?"

Keal was confused. He still slightly throbbed from his injury and he had a raging migraine. He must have flown backwards and knocked himself out of the metal. As he rubbed his neck, he noticed his display was acting a bit odd. Instead of the perfect, square easy to read numbers, letters, read outs and levels, it was flickering, blurring out and changing colour. God damn electronics... only ever trust something made out of flesh and bone...

Keal shook his head and the blurring increased, then stopped. He relaxed a little, then it started flickering again. Keal growled and tried to ignore it.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
BETH kept quiet and simply clenched her fists, ready to ignite her wrist-blades if she had to.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
The figure ignored them, tracking back and forth before its bank of screens and readouts. It paused, once or twice, but due to no discernible reason, then suddenly froze, mid movement. something revolved, and a single point of red glittered in the dark, painting a wide-spectrum scanner across the group.

"My word," it said, then simply came apart.

The body melted away, automated limbs and sinuous coils of wiring hoisting themselves away under their own power, while the 'head' swung out from the rest on a multi-jointed boom. It swung towards them, passing a second scan across them, then peered down on them from just above head height.

"What are you?" it demanded, "Mutants and hybrids, it seems, with the occasional rogue element. Explain yourselves."

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
It should go without saying that BETH has been scanning this entity every which way she could, but she had absolutely no data on it. To be safe, when she saw the thing dissolve and start crawling toward them, she took a few steps back.

"I am Battle Engine Tactical Hunter Android Nano slaYer," she answered politely, "BETHANY, or BETH if you prefer. I am an artificial construct made almost entirely of advanced nano-technology. Might we ask who you are?"

She made a point of not relaxing her arms.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"[small]I AM DOCTOR THERAN FORMERLY OF THE AETHEROS INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED CYBERNETICS. I AM HROGE BUT I HAVE AUGMENTED MY PHYSIOLOGY WITH CYBERNETICS OF MY OWN DESIGN. I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU DEFEATED MY NANOBOTS. THEY USE A 2100 BYTE ENCRYPTION PROGRAM THAT SHOULD TAKE A SUPER COMPUTER THE BETTER PART OF A DECADE TO CRACK AND YOU DID IT IN MOMENTS. I AM...IMPRESSED.[/small]" Much like BETH, Theran remained at the ready just in case.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
"A hroge? Yes, I thought there was some biological content within you, robot? But, not human; most interesting. I will investigate further" an arm reaches of the shadows and advances on Theran, "You cannot resist my advances because I am an entity built for subversion; now, I will take samples"

A second arm appears, moving toward BETH, "Nano technology? Most interesting; you are indeed rather advanced, BETHANY, at least compared to these others. Please, allow me to interface and examine you."

To the group at large, the voice asked, "Is there anyone actually in charge here? Where are your human supervisors?"

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash eyed Keal briefly, could he play leader for this thing? no, it is smart, it wouldn't make sense to arm your prisoners.

"I am... the leader of this squad, my name is Grash and I am the leader of all civil Kraxex on Earth, we've come here to," He said to the thing but was cut off by the thing as it lunged out at Beth and Theran and himself, he recoiled and took two steps back. What was this, robot? AI? cybernetics perhaps.