Black Ops 2 Breaks Amazon's Pre-Order Record

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Kinguendo said:
lots of crap I dont like to hear.
That doesnt sound to good from where im sitting. I thought Blops was one of the best COD games Ive played, so I felt secure in pre-ordering it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Irridium said:
TopazFusion said:
If people hate these games as much as we're led to believe, WHO IS BUYING THEM??!!
Probably the people who like the games. That's my guess.
Someone liking a game someone doesn't like!? What is this!? I don't think the Escapist will be able to comprehend that.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I wonder when a game will break Call of Duty's records. I also wonder what game it will be.

I'm glad this game is out. It's the last one for this season that I needed to buy. Now I just have to divide my time between Black Ops II and Halo 4. Just finished Assassin's Creed III, and now I'm in the mood for run and gun instead of tactics and stealth.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Beautiful End said:
TopazFusion said:
If people hate these games as much as we're led to believe, WHO IS BUYING THEM??!!
Kids.

Any other questions?

Alright, alright. So I see a lot of kids, tweens and teenagers preorder Blops. They usually go with their parents who are oblivious to the franchise and don't give a crap about what their kids play.

The "grownups" who buy the game usually trade it in like a week after they're done. Well, that's usually the case but it depends on how good the game is. like RE6, we got like easily 20 preowned copies of that game already. But when Blops 1 came out, you couldn't find a preowned copy for months.

That's my guess.

OT: Yeah, I won't be surprised to hear Blops 3 or MW4 will break preorder records. It's the circle of life. Even if the game sucks, if its CoD, people will buy it.
Ya know, that's not remotely true. Sure, an unhealthy amount of children play this game, but all my peers (19-20) are still buying and enjoying these games.

Off Topic-ish: I'm not sure if it's because everyone who's playing this game is terrible, but I'm really digging this game right now. It's fun. And it's been a while since I'v been able to say that about a CoD game.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Kinguendo said:
WanderingFool said:
DVS BSTrD said:
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Unit-22/Thefucksnotgiven.gif
That gif is pure win...

And... to be honest... I pre-ordered for Nuketown 2025.
Huh, peculiar... I avoided pre-ordering to avoid getting Noobtown. Got screwed when you get the map anyway with a new copy!

RANT: Anyway, thought MW2 was noob-heaven. Black Ops is, in my opinion, the best FPS (pre-quickscoping patch). This renewed my faith in the series as a whole... I bought MW3, was sorely mistaken in my renewed faith. Got rid of MW3 within the first week and decided I would only trust Black Ops games, bought Black Ops II... not liking it. They took out currency so there is an unfair advantage for anyone above 55 (when you get ghost) rather than anyone being able to buy it at any time if you have the money, this has led to the obvious... people sitting and camping for kills on any game mode until they get UAV and then they dare move.

On Black Ops, when I saw a group start relying on UAV I just switched to one of my Ghost classes and punished them for it... now what do I do? Level up to 55 and hope those same people are still playing? I have only played for a few hours and so far that is a very large problem. They do seem to have simplified the entire thing and now just reward people for playing more rather than having skill, which is what money did. The better you played, the more money you got, the harder contracts you completed the more exp and money you got.

If they threw in that with a system that rewards the use of weaker guns, or punishes the use of OP guns, by raising or lowering the total experience and money reward at the end then people would actually play properly and get better at the game rather than putting on OP guns and spraying like a noob. If the top KD guy using an OP weapon actually got a lower score than a moderate scoring player with a weak weapon then they would have NO defence when you call them on their weak skills, I have had this argument many times... "I got more kills/points." always comes up.

In conclusion, this game feels like it was made by commity... and that commity is all the whiney players who complained about the lack of quickscopin in Black Ops and want the games to be incredibly unbalanced in favour of whatever they do rather than balanced and realistic based around a players actual ability. Ignore the age rating on this game, it was clearly made for kids.
Have you tried shooting down the UAVs? It's reaaally easy with the Mercenary's AA Launcher, 'cause it locks on quickly and only takes one shot (It'll hit 100% of the time, too). You can do the same thing with Lightnings, Care Package drops, Hunter Killer Drones, etc.

You unlock the AA Launcher for custom classes at like...level 6.

Edit: You can shoot UAVs down with small arms, too, though.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm interested in seeing the reviews, I don't really care how many people bought it. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Every game that copies this gets torn apart by reviews, I need to see this game not get a perfect score for all the same things other games get rated down for.

Other than that, meh, that's cool. I mean, did anyone really think this wasn't going to sell?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Korten12 said:
Irridium said:
TopazFusion said:
Probably the people who like the games. That's my guess.
Someone liking a game someone doesn't like!? What is this!? I don't think the Escapist will be able to comprehend that.
Seriously, there are people like that? I honestly think they should all be shot because those games suck.

OT: No surprise, we all knew this would happen, we've seen it every year now. This is hardly even news.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009

Good for them. I hope the people who enjoy playing it continue to do so.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
This broken record doesnt suprise me
walked into JB hifi today to buy a present for my father for his birthday. Get to the checkout, 3 different mums and their sons in front of me. and they're all buying black ops 2. and these kids would be no older than 10-12 years old.
Words cannot describe how much disappointment I felt this morning.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Surprising exactly no-one and inevitably launching a slew of "why don't people buy GOOD games I weep for human nature blah blah blah"

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
prophecy2514 said:
walked into JB hifi today to buy a present for my father for his birthday. Get to the checkout, 3 different mums and their sons in front of me. and they're all buying black ops 2. and these kids would be no older than 10-12 years old.
Why disappointed? I mean i personally don't see why 10-12 year olds shouldn't play the game . Is it just because there is a M on the box? I personally find those ratings bullshit and idealist , but that's just me . If these kids parents approve of them playing the game , then what's the problem?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
JEBWrench said:

While I agree with the above, I wish my friends would either stop buying the games or start enjoying them. I'm always inundated by ERMAGERDNOOBZHACKZCHEETZSPAWNCAMPZ by my friends, who all line up to buy the game day one. Or midnight launches.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
krazykidd said:
prophecy2514 said:
Why disappointed? I mean i personally don't see why 10-12 year olds shouldn't play the game . Is it just because there is a M on the box? I personally find those ratings bullshit and idealist , but that's just me . If these kids parents approve of them playing the game , then what's the problem?
Because some kids should be protected from the decisions of their dumb parents duhh?

OT: MEh who cares. It is the same deal in every industry.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
WanderingFool said:
DVS BSTrD said:
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Unit-22/Thefucksnotgiven.gif
That gif is pure win...

And... to be honest... I pre-ordered for Nuketown 2025.
Somehow this makes everything we hate about the game industry YOUR FAULT.

/votekick /report

You suck at escapist forums uninstall plz

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
There was a couple of chairs out the front of the EB I went to that were occupied by kids parents, I found it quite amusing.

I've finished the campaign, gotten to lvl40 on multiplayer, spent a few hours on zombies. Despite a few little problems that need to be tweaked, it's a solid game.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
60USD for a glorified DLC pack.

O Madden fans, why do you have so much money to waste?

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
JEBWrench said:

haha I love that.

Blops is currently my favorite shooter franchise, and I enjoy what they've done with Blops 2. Whole package looks better, and now, I can do 4 play split screen zombies.

Awesome is the word, boys.