Black Ops II Designer Thinks Gamers "Should All Play Multiplayer"

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
I guess I understand where he's coming from. I'm sure they put a lot of effort and time (although sometimes it doesn't seem like it...) into the single player game, playing that by itself is like paying 60 dollars for half a game. Especially, when it's Call of Duty. Don't get me wrong there are games that should always be single player (Fallout, Bioshock, TES, etc.). I could be wrong though Spec Ops: The Line was definitely meant to be single player only. I haven't played it, but from everything I've heard I want to.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Well of course this is how he feels, you need only look at how bad the last few Call of Duty campaigns have been to understand their motive You get what you pay for with COD, don't pay for it if you expect quality solo play because that's a waste of money

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Legion said:
Well make an all multiplayer COD game then, or stop telling people what they should or shouldn't do with the product that they bought.
+1 to this. Since he seems to speak for the games industry as a whole, does that mean if I punch him in the mouth, it's like punching out the games industry as a whole?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Make Call of Duty Online and stop bitching. I guarantee you that 100% of those who buy it will play multiplayer. Done. Problem solved.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
I didn't know COD employed 12 year olds...

In all seriousness, not everyone enjoys multiplayer. Take me for example. I am terrible at FPSs. Just awful. I don't play FPSs multiplayers by myself because I don't enjoy it. I have bought COD because I generally enjoy playing the campaign. I got attached to some of the characters, I've enjoyed shooting shit, but have I played the MP? No. Why?

1. As stated above, I'm terrible at FPSs, therefore I don't have fun when I play alone. With friends it's a ball, by myself not so much.

2. Bad player experience. Seriously, other gamers have ruined a MP game for me.

3. Lag. I can stand it for a while, but when I play a game I don't want it to be freezing when I'm getting into it. MAkes

But yeah, I get where he's coming from. I can see how irritating it would be if you worked months on a game and not everyone's experiencing it :/ Like making a cake for a party and only half of the attendees tried it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Multiplayer with random people on a Xbox has been annoying as hell 9/10 times. Even games like Borderlands people just seemed to go out of their way to fuck me over. In Gears of War 1 I'd be doing well enough and if I got downed I'd never get picked up, I'd get killed half the time trying to pick up an ally and they just ignore me. They'd be behind cover NEXT to me and not bother.

TF2 on PC? Much better, the worst you get is annoying Russian children randomly cursing at anyone trying to use voice chat. Which is remedied with mute so that's fine.

Uh, point being I guess is some people just don't like multiplayer.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
its this kind of mentality that has kept me from buying a cod game since the first modern warfare. the reason i dont play online multiplayer isnt because im afraid other players will kick my ass. its because running around the same maps and shooting strangers is FUCKING BORING TO ME. so much for my hope that they might actually start putting some real effort into their single player mode