Black Ops Players Murder the Planet Nine Times (and Other Crazy Stats)

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
The numbers are quite impressive, though I expect many other games brokes these numbers just by virtue of being around longer.

But actually, I think such numbers aren't good news to anti-game activists. If there was any significant correlation between 'playing murder simulators' and actual violence, these numbers means we should have obeserved a rather large spike in murders by now, no? If all these poor impressionable youngsters have received enough training to kill the world a dozen times, you really ought to notice it in the FBI statistics if it had any real effect and by my knowledge no effect has been observed.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Troop18546 said:
Contun said:
As big of a disappointing as Black Ops was, I have to admit that is pretty impressive.

I wonder what the numbers for CS:S would be...
Way less. Add to it the hacks & youve got yourself some meaningless stats.
Plus it's been out how many years? Seems forever ago...
So its a noob thing you were asking. Noob
I seriously doubt that. There will be hackers in every game, including Call of Duty. I don't really think CS:S' age makes much of a difference either; these stats will probably be "meaningless" as soon as most of the Call of Duty fanbase moves onto their next game as they usually do.

Besides... I wasn't asking you.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
I don't think I really believe this, over all the cod games maybe
but just blops, no I don't think so.

also I hate the idea of putting this next to a real world war like WW2.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Didn't Stalin say something along the lines of "the death of a man is a tragedy. The death of millions of men is a statistic"? Anyhow, it's more or less impossible to grasp these freakingly huge numbers...

Also, I'm messing up the RCXD/Napalm strike kill statistics with Flak Jacket Pro. :p

Drazeric

Feb 24, 2010
bulldogftw said:
Daemascus said:
Lets not let the "video games are bad and turn people in to murder machines" people see this ok?
agreed
nah let them see it lol and add a we will see you later

OT: WOW! Those damn RC cars. I always walk around a corner without thinking and BLAMO! Im glad no one who plays this is a gun toting mad man...right?

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
vrbtny said:
What a surprise that the gun with the most kills is the FAMAS, with the second being the AK-47u, and the 3rd being the Galil. I would say they were definitely the most overpowered guns in the game.

On a side note.

JESUS CHRIST those are some BIG, HUGEO numbers...
I think it's more all the others being underpowered.

Especially the M16. What the fuck, Treyarch?

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Treyarch: "Fix the outrageous amounts of imbalances in this game...or collect some stats to show how many people bought our game?"

Fucking RC-XD...

and what's the point of having snipers and shotguns if the damn things are underpowered compared to the AK-74u or the FAMAS?!?

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
that little RC car is a pain if you're not careful.

I knew Famas and Ak-74u were popular but i didn't know the Galil was that popular.
The Galil is the only gun I use since I unlocked it. Oh and whoever thought up the RC-XD needs to burn in hell for messing with my killstreaks!

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
...Wow. I don't think even Reach's stats (e.g 24 billion Covenant killed) are quite this big.

You know what's scary?

This game has only been out for a few months. It has a whole year before the next game in the series comes out.

Brrr...

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
Kalezian said:
GiantRaven said:
Daemascus said:
Lets not let the "video games are bad and turn people in to murder machines" people see this ok?
Games are murder simulator didn't you know!
THIS IS FACT AS SHOWN HERE:

Ahahahaha i see we have another 4 player podcast fan on the sight. :)

OT: Wow, just wow, i not sure whether to laugh or cry at that.

skitskat

Apr 14, 2009
If this was using the real way of counting millions and billions, the 1.1 trillion bullets fired would actually be a billion billion bullets :) (1,000,000,000 billion)

just thought you'd like to know :D

Magners

Nov 20, 2009
The thing you have to remember is that the leaderboards are hacked to shit and those stats count towards this so it's completely unreliable.

Aphroditty

Nov 25, 2009
skitskat said:
If this was using the real way of counting millions and billions, the 1.1 trillion bullets fired would actually be a billion billion bullets :) (1,000,000,000 billion)

just thought you'd like to know :D
Actually it would be a million billions. And a billion is a million millions, meaning that one billion would be 1,000,000,000,000 or 10^12, which is a trillion the way it is used here.

However, the definition for "trillion" used in the article is correct. The other definition for trillion is also correct.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
That Guy Who Phails said:
I still refuse to buy Black Ops, I play S.T.A.L.K.ER and Fallout for my shooter fix.
Left 4 Dead for me, but I hear ya. I don't want to be a part of that odd cultural phenomenon

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
All 3 most popular perks are speed-related abilities. That's kind of depressing, but also shows that players are not stupid, as speed is a superior ability in virtually every competitive game.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
The misuse of apostrophes in that graphic is embarrassing.

Aphroditty said:
However, the definition for "trillion" used in the article is correct. The other definition for trillion is also correct.
Exactly. The the short scale interpretations are perfectly valid; they've been the system of choice in the US for centuries, and the official system in the UK since 1974.

It just bugs me when people say it's the "wrong way", as if they're somehow superior for their knowledge of what are essentially the outmoded definitions.