Black & White Monster Penis Almost Got Peter Molyneux Knifed

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Molyneux is a pretty strange person, but he's also very likable, especially when Yahtzee is talking about him

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
And this is why I love Peter so much. The man is loonier then a bag of monkeys hyped up on lemon drops laced with speed.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Well thats just... Peter.
But still I don't know what he thought was going to happen, nobody would ever let him release a game with a massive monkey penis in it. In fact I am not sure I can play that game ever again knowing this. I quite like black and white but I get the feeling every time I see the monkey ill keep looking down at his bare scrot.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
John Funk said:
I wasn't even on class A drugs! It was this bizarre thing," he says, and don't think we didn't notice that "class A drugs" qualifier, Peter. "It was this bizarre thing. Especially in America! Even if you show nipples they go insane, rating it under-the-counter product. It just goes to show you just how rubbish I am as a designer, really."
So he was on other classes of drug?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Molyneux, you crazy bastard!

I have to try the B&W games. Should I start with 2?
No start with one. The graphics may be dated now but it's still an enjoyable experience in my opinion.

Also Molyneux never ceases to entertain me. I do kinda get what he means, I mean it's just a ding dong most creatures of the male variety have them. But then I never exactly came across as the normal type to any of my friends.

I would seriously work for this guy. I don't think I'd ever be bored.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Somehow, it would have been awesome. But that may just be me (a perfectionist) who wants everything anatomically correct.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
That was a good fucking podcast too. Could barely stop laughing. Peter Molyneux is quite the entertaining man.

The podcast has been out for a few weeks though (23rd of August I believe), so I'm surprised all of this is being reported now. Odd.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
It seems that it was...

/sunglasses

a dick move, to say the least.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
The_root_of_all_evil said:
*wince* NEVER use the word "penis" and "knife" in the same sentence.
Oh, and this too.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Unsurprising. Oh Peter, you weirdo you. It would've been a daring move but at the same time who'd wanna see monster-dick every second they're playing a game?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Well thank you Peter. You've just destroyed the image of one of my favourite childhood games.

I'm going to have nightmares about monkey penises for a week...

Onyx Oblivion said:
Molyneux, you crazy bastard!

I have to try the B&W games. Should I start with 2?
No, I'd say just play the first one. 2 all had these nagging little problems and ultimately it didn't have the soul that made the first one great.

Black & White one has some problems but I think it's charm, look and feel make up for a lot. And there is really very little quite like it; part Civ game, part RTS, part Pet sim, part RPG...it really is full of a lot of interesting ideas and charm that still keep me coming back to Lionhead games.

I doubt you'll finish though. If the island without your creature doesn't, the one with the constant lightning strikes, meteroes and goblins stealing your villagers will, and if that does't stop you the island makes your creature into a tiny disabediant brat will piss you off no end. It's still worth playing honestly.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
John Funk said:
That sort of thing would never fly in a game, of course, and Molyneux knows it. "I don't know what was going through my mind. I wasn't even on class A drugs! It was this bizarre thing," he says, and don't think we didn't notice that "class A drugs" qualifier, Peter.
He also didn't say how many non-class-As were involved. I suppose it could just be the occasional joint, but I doubt someone on, say, speed and barbiturates and Valium at the same time would be a dear to be around.