Blizzard Announces Diablo 3

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I have a sudden urge to go look for my D2 disc and reinstall it... and maybe actually finish it this time.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I have a sudden urge to go look for my D2 disc and reinstall it... and maybe actually finish it this time.
I actually did that a few months ago. After I installed it, my disk drive wouldn't read any other games/DVDs/CDs except for Blizzard-related games. Luckily this was on my craptacular laptop and not on my desktop. I'd hate to be limited to StarCraft and Diablo.

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
Arbre said:
No kidding, what you see from the movie is slashing groups of stupid AI driven rabits of doom on morphine on and on. You bet you don't need more........

/spit
/point
/fart
So, you basicly took every part of Diablo that make it loved by the fans and shat on it, yes, highly original.

JackofTrades

Apr 27, 2008
Xocrates said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
I'm confused though...I thought the series ended with the glowing guy blowing up that magic rock and destroying...wait, lemme wiki this.
Not necessarily, in fact if you go back to the city after ending the game, one of the NPCs will actually tell you something along the lines of "maybe we will never have to fight again, maybe we're just starting" (aka, "we'll make a sequel if we feel like it"). The reasons are explained, although I don't really recall them.

The major issue I see is that Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto are supposed to be dead for good. This will either mean that the bad guys will be Belial and Azmodan, which are the two remaining lesser evils (the others were Andariel and Duriel)or they will need to come up with some silly excuse (I'm betting on this one).

And yes, I actually paid attention to the plot of the previous two games :p
Yea well the game is said to take place 20 years after the prime evil's defeat, and also has something to do with a meteor hitting the every spot Diablo first stepped on once he came to the mortal realm, in the cinematic trailer you see a demon kinda like diablo but with 3 heads (or mouths whatever) so maybe its like a reincarnation of all three of the prime evil in one, and I'm betting they will throw in Azmodan and Belial some how

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Arbre said:
I'm not interested in Hack Hack Heal Hack Hack Heal games, no matter the polish.
Hell, even WCIII became Diablo with more units and some buildings. I looked away for someting more interesting than loot and mindless power leveling.
You either never played WCIII at all or you are on a blizzard hate spree because somebody owned you in any of their games.

ElChriso

Jul 3, 2008
We will finally get our end to this god forsaken series

by the by i like Diablo and all its runtie goth children

Murphy666

Jul 12, 2008
i never was a big fan of diablo, but for some reason i cant stop watching the gameplay footage

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
Great, here I was saying I was done with PC gaming. Well, better dust off the old 386.