Blizzard Shelved StarCraft: Ghost to Support WoW

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
9_6 said:
Pants do NOT work that way, no matter how tight.
That ass is an impossibility.
Sure, but who wants too much realism in games anyway?

I remember this. I was very disappointed when it got cancelled, however, me being only 15 years back in 2006 it didn't take long before I forgot about it.

At least it presents a valid reason for the cancelation.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
They should have kept this to themselves.

Now WoW haters will have a valid answer to the question "Why do you hate WoW".

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Hope they in the future decide to cut WoW in order to get Ghost finally released.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
WoW! You Maniacs! You Blew it up! We could have had a awesome Starcraft shooter! Instead we have Halo and Starship troopers: The game :(

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I think I would have rather had them pull a Duke Nukem and just throw it on a side burner and finish it up with the necessary quality when they had a chance. As opposed to just cancelling it to work on WoW.

I can't really blame them for working on WoW though, it did rather explode.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Damn you Blizzard. If you start now then maybe you'll have it done before Gabe Newell regurgitates Episode 3.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
... I don't understand. These people have TRILLIONS at their disposal, and they can't make this game?

Well, maybe they didn't have those resources before WoW, but now...
I am bedazzled why's not made yet.

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
bahumat42 said:
why does everyone think that blizzard would have done this well?
what shooters have they done well? um none because they haven't made one before. I'd rather a company stick to what its good at than make a game which they have no prior knowledge of the market of.
You mean like all the MMOs they did before WoW.

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
If you take a look at C&C:Renegade you propably know one of the reasons ghost was shelved. Just sayin'.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
SonofSeth said:
bahumat42 said:
why does everyone think that blizzard would have done this well?
what shooters have they done well? um none because they haven't made one before. I'd rather a company stick to what its good at than make a game which they have no prior knowledge of the market of.
You mean like all the MMOs they did before WoW.
Haha, owned.

Anyways, it's a shame, but it was necessary for them to stay afloat. I'd like to see it resume one day though.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
On one hand, I'm finally glad to see an explanation for a game that I was anticipating for years. On the other hand, this kinda makes me hate WoW; and by extension myself for supporting WoW.

I'm glad Nova wasn't completely scrapped from the storyline. She played a small part in Wings of Liberty, and she stars in a novel that isn't too bad (it was supposed to be a precursor to the game). I'm not sure if the novel is cannon, but I highly doubt that most of them are anyways, especially Shadow of the Xel'Naga and that mary sue-fest Liberty's Crusade.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
Why is everyone so upset about it being cancelled? I've heard from a couple sources that actually played the game when it was in development that it was pretty terrible.