Blizzard Shelves Diablo III Team Deathmatch Mode

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
All I can say is, after essentially selling the game and the constant patches and nerfs and dickery on eventual PvP balance, if the dueling falls flat after pulling a Ghost on Team Deathmatch, they'll have done some rather impressive damage to their goodwill. I mean, more so than they already have with D3.

CarolusRex

Jan 20, 2012
I didn't even buy this game to PvP, I just bought it to slash through hordes of demons, monsters, men and other such things. That was fun for a few run throughs. But overall, it would seem since their merger with Activision their company has been taking a turn for the worse.

Hjalmar Fryklund

May 22, 2008
Can't believe I forgot to ask about this.

Atmos Duality said:
Do you think there is a possibility that other companies might start doing this kind of thing (promising core features, then later dropping them long after the actual game has been released)? Has Blizzard now set a precedent with this?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Hjalmar Fryklund said:
Can't believe I forgot to ask about this.

Do you think there is a possibility that other companies might start doing this kind of thing (promising core features, then later dropping them long after the actual game has been released)? Has Blizzard now set a precedent with this?
Not unless the project is in the shitter, I'm guessing.
Reputation is important. Especially in a world where your product might only get a small window of recognition against hoards of competitors.

Blizzard had a great reputation for a long time, but this, I think they spent it all in one place.

Bait-and-switch is an old old trick employed in so many fields of entertainment, but the response is still pretty universal.

jbm1986

May 18, 2012
GoddyofAus said:
Maybe Blizzard finally woke up and smelt the sad truth that nobody gives a shit about Diablo 3 anymore.
BUT! BuuUtttT! buuuuuuuuttt..... what about the poor gold farmers!?

All that botting for nothing :(