Blizzard Spills All the Beans on Diablo III's Runestones

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
ChildofGallifrey said:
Just when my life and career are going quite well for me, the universe just has to throw out a sequel to the ONE game I became obsessive over.
Sir, I feel your pain... But the good news is that there is STILL no official release date, and thus you still have time to re-think your life. Why choose a boring career when you can waste away on your computer, obcessively playing a single game!

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Byere said:
ChildofGallifrey said:
Just when my life and career are going quite well for me, the universe just has to throw out a sequel to the ONE game I became obsessive over.
Sir, I feel your pain... But the good news is that there is STILL no official release date, and thus you still have time to re-think your life. Why choose a boring career when you can waste away on your computer, obcessively playing a single game!
I'm in acting, so my career is actually very exciting, and oftentimes terrifying. Thankfully, it also means that I'll likely have considerable downtime whenever D3 does come out.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
ChildofGallifrey said:
I'm in acting, so my career is actually very exciting, and oftentimes terrifying. Thankfully, it also means that I'll likely have considerable downtime whenever D3 does come out.
I wanted to get into acting... spent a fair amount of time a couple of years back and a good portion of my school life in acting lessons. Unfortunately, I couldn't handle it all. What made me realise that was that I get pissed off at random people talking to me in the middle of the street as if I'm supposed to know them and be their friend... and I just work in my local grocery store. Imagine if people knew me on a national or global scale. I'd never handle the stress of it all for lack of privacy.

Ah well, I got into a study course on games design and I'm doing brilliantly at it, so I gave up my acting to work on this path of my life.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Byere said:
I wanted to get into acting... spent a fair amount of time a couple of years back and a good portion of my school life in acting lessons. Unfortunately, I couldn't handle it all. What made me realise that was that I get pissed off at random people talking to me in the middle of the street as if I'm supposed to know them and be their friend... and I just work in my local grocery store. Imagine if people knew me on a national or global scale. I'd never handle the stress of it all for lack of privacy.

Ah well, I got into a study course on games design and I'm doing brilliantly at it, so I gave up my acting to work on this path of my life.
That's what you've gotta do mate. Find something that you love to do, and you do well and go after it with everything you have.

I'm fairly realistic about my future. I don't expect to ever be known on a wide scale. I want to be an actor, not a celebrity. If it happens, then that's a bonus (I'm a bit of a people person, so I'm not bothered by the fan aspect). As long as I can make a living and support my family by doing what I love to do, then that's a 100% successful career in my book =)

Hey, maybe I can voice a character in one of your games!

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
ChildofGallifrey said:
That's what you've gotta do mate. Find something that you love to do, and you do well and go after it with everything you have.

I'm fairly realistic about my future. I don't expect to ever be known on a wide scale. I want to be an actor, not a celebrity. If it happens, then that's a bonus (I'm a bit of a people person, so I'm not bothered by the fan aspect). As long as I can make a living and support my family by doing what I love to do, then that's a 100% successful career in my book =)

Hey, maybe I can voice a character in one of your games!
Don't I know it. I thought acting was that path. I had done it for about half my life, I love to do it. Can't tell if I'm particularly good at it or not, but still.

As for voicing a character, I'm always happy when someone wans to help me out in that regard and you'd be more than welcomed :)

...I just have to find someone with the technical skill to actually be able to make the game/s. Not my strong point. I can think up ideas, but technical stuff is a little out of my league :p

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Byere said:
Don't I know it. I thought acting was that path. I had done it for about half my life, I love to do it. Can't tell if I'm particularly good at it or not, but still.

As for voicing a character, I'm always happy when someone wans to help me out in that regard and you'd be more than welcomed :)

...I just have to find someone with the technical skill to actually be able to make the game/s. Not my strong point. I can think up ideas, but technical stuff is a little out of my league :p
Oof, wish I could help you there, but I'd be worse than useless. I'm great in front of a camera or a mike (one of my teachers told me so, and he's got a couple of Emmys so I'm inclined to listen to him), but I've got all the technical skill of a duck. Thankfully, that's why these things are done in teams.

I'm jealous of my friends husband Erin in that regard. He's got great technical skill (he's worked on a ton of big titles, most recently Homefront, and is currently working on Uncharted 3), but he's also a whiz at coming up with ideas. Ever play the PC classic Homeworld? That was his brainchild.

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
Well, after going away for the weekend and coming back to find myself quoted (with two rather rude replies) I had myself all prepared to retort, however it seems that @John Funk has pretty much said everything I wanted to.

I really can't see why people are so up in arms about PC games being brought to consoles. Yes I understand why you think it might lead to a lesser quaility experience due to consoles being graphically worse than modern PC's, but if console gamers are ok with this slight reduction in graphics/controls then what's the problem? If it can be done and brought to a greater audience then I am all for it.

As for the people that get annoyed about PC games being 'consolified' rather than directing your ire at consoles and console gamers, why not direct it at the developers who put out sub standard products?