Blizzard Warms Up Banhammer for StarCraft II Cheaters

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
joebear15 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Hell its about time

Cheater ruin online games
this wont stop it unfortuniatly thell all buy the game agin and cheat agin but more carfully this time. Its been going on for a while on wc3 and they have never been rooted out compleatly
In all seriousness you think that will happen? Are you *slow* or something? That game is 60$, if you can fork out that much money for a game over and over then I doubt you'll be spending your time playing sc2.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Tenmar said:
Here is my question. What kinds of hacks are out there anyway? Is it just a map-hack or are they actually able to make units build faster or be invincible from terrible terrible damage?
hahahah

Well, I enjoy the thought of cheaters getting banned. Good job Blizzard.

I have yet to finish teh campaign and will dive into Multi after that.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
LightOfDarkness said:
Although, when you think about it, those idiots that buy another Starcraft 2 key would just be helping Blizzard hire more staff to ban them, while still getting a little profit. End result: PROFIIIIIIT UP THE ARSE
Perhaps that is Phase 2?

Phase 1; Sell Starcraft 2
Phase 2; Ban cheaters and force them to buy a second copy.
Phase 3; Profit!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Maybe now I'll be able to win the odd multiplayer match?

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Yay.
I don't like RTS's in general ('cept for one but let's not get into that...) but we can all agree that cheaters and hackers are bad.
I just have to ask, your avatar, what is it from, I think I recognize it, but I'm not sure where...

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
Canid117 said:
Is nuke spam considered cheating?
Did you download a modified EXE to allow you to nuke spam? Or did you use a lot of ghosts and stuff? If it's the second one you are fine.

Guyovick

Nov 5, 2009
Dana22 said:
SnootyEnglishman said:
Well i guess Korea's fucked.
Looking how in Korea SC2 is a national sport financed from public money, I bet cheating is highly illegal there.
Actually, since it is more of a national sport, the bigger problem is match-fixing.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99932-Cheating-Scandal-Rocks-South-Korean-StarCraft-Circuit

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Aylaine said:
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Aylaine said:
A bunch of people are about to get Hyperioned? Well, it's high time we kick that revolution into gear. Down with the hackers. :eek:
Is Hyperioned a term for being banned? That's pretty cool... if it isn't then you have a moral, ethical, physical, mental, emotional and [insert root word here]al obligation to coin it.

Well then, I think they got what they deserved. Cheating in a single player game is looked down upon, even if it was for funsies then it's still shunned; but cheating in a multiplayer game, ooh, that's just off.
I just thought it up when I posted that. MIEN. xD

I agree though, cheating in multiplayer competitive play is a big nono.
Isn't the Hyperion Raynor's Battlecruiser? I havent played SC1 in years, and I don't have SC2.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Galaxy613 said:
Canid117 said:
Did you download a modified EXE to allow you to nuke spam? Or did you use a lot of ghosts and stuff? If it's the second one you are fine.
four ghost academies plus four ghosts = spam that infuriates most enemies

Ravenseeker

Jan 11, 2009
good, also can they please do something about void ray spamming? that might cut down on the amount of keyboards through across rooms because most protoss players don't know how to make any other unit. just for reference, i play as protoss

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Well that explains a lot of those "HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW THAT!" moments. Good on you Blizz

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
lol ok if you ever come up against these guys do what i do TURTLE then go harass their supply lines almost all the guys who use these hacks try to be one step ahead of you but if all your doing is makeing defences they cant realy beat you.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Oh, map hacks... theres already so many versions of you that any sort of talk about stopping hackers is just that. Talk

Permabanning accounts didn't work in Starcraft and it won't work here. I will admit though that it's doubtful any sort of "colorful" exploits will show up like in Starcraft, but the simple map viewing ones are pretty much the standard for any programmer with too much time on their hands.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Canid117 said:
Galaxy613 said:
Canid117 said:
four ghost academies plus four ghosts = spam that infuriates most enemies
Thats perhaps the most retarded strategy I've ever heard of. That would cost around a billion gas and you can easily see the dot and avoid the nukes completely.
Maybe it works in Bronze, but hey, I'm sure observer rushes work in bronze.

Jun 26, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Maybe now I'll be able to win the odd multiplayer match?

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Yay.
I don't like RTS's in general ('cept for one but let's not get into that...) but we can all agree that cheaters and hackers are bad.
I just have to ask, your avatar, what is it from, I think I recognize it, but I'm not sure where...
*sigh*
Number 9
Dark cloud 2 in America, Dark Chronicle out of America.