Bobby Kotick Doesn't Mean to Come Off as "a Dick"

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
CD-R said:
I'm mostly just pissed at him for trying to block the release of Brutal Legend. There was no reason whatsoever for that. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have given 2 shits about the guy.
This is true...

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
If you took the average hardcore gamer (you know, the sort that follows all the news and reads sites like this one) and asked them who their three least favorite gaming-related people were, it's a safe bet that you'd probably wind up with the following three: Michael Atkinson, Jack Thompson, and Bobby Kotick.
Weird, I personally would say Atkinson, John Riccitiello and Peter Molyneux....but that's just me.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Meh "1 person's dickishness is another's honesty" as my grandpappy used to say. I would rather have someone like Bobby telling me what is going on than those who feel the need to sugar coat everything and in most cases blatantly lie about thier games.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007

What the hell is going on? This is not normal.

I mean, not that I will complain, because who knows maybe the next headline funk posts is "Micheal Atkinson reconsiders his stance on the R18+ rating."

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
This reads like a total fluff piece to soften his, and concurrently the company's, image.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
You know, I can sort of see where Bobby's coming from with this. Sure, I can understand the fact that his job requres him to crucify his heart and soul do things he'd rather not in the name of the shareholders; I can empathize with the way he has to focus of making money, rather than making games; and I can even understand how his intention to take the fun out of making games was actually just an incredibly poorly-executed attempt at ironic humor.

Know what? I think I'll give him another chan--HOLY SHIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS FACE?!

Feb 13, 2008
Bobby Kotick apologising has the same sort of whiff as Kanye West apologising. Actions speak louder than words...Like Starcraft 2 LAN for instance?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Nope sorry dude, too little too late to try feed us that garbage. I'm sorry everyone hates you and you're now having little issues about it but really did you not even THINK before you opened your mouth to the public?

...jeez.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I don't like him.
But he does good work.
I really dislike the whole "focus on sequels" crap he fed us last year.
But in the end, there are worse people out there.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
And who could forget this classic tune from '08!
Bobby said:
"With respect to the franchises that don't have the potential to be exploited every year across every platform with clear sequel potential that can meet our objectives of over time becoming $100 million plus franchises, that's a strategy that has worked very well for us."
That's just too much for me to swallow. Why risk making something new, when we could just cash in on the old? It was a glorious moment for EA though, that company managed to save a lot of face, at Kotick's expense.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
If you took the average hardcore gamer (you know, the sort that follows all the news and reads sites like this one) and asked them who their three least favorite gaming-related people were, it's a safe bet that you'd probably wind up with the following three: Michael Atkinson, Jack Thompson, and Bobby Kotick.
Three thumbs up at this statement.

I got 4:40 mins through Kotick's speech before getting bored. I noticed he made a lot of references to close the gap between himself and us (Star Wars, Hitchhiker's Guide, etc.)

Nov 28, 2007
Veishan said:
Michael Atkinson, Jack Thompson, and Bobby Kotick.
I don't mind Atkinson. I thank God I'm not an Australian, but he doesn't concern me.

Thompson, Kotick, and Miyamoto are my three. Nintendo's fanboi legion has made me hate this man with a passion.
...Isn't that kind of like hating Bill Gates for Xbox fanboys?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Klepa said:
And who could forget this classic tune from '08!
Bobby said:
"With respect to the franchises that don't have the potential to be exploited every year across every platform with clear sequel potential that can meet our objectives of over time becoming $100 million plus franchises, that's a strategy that has worked very well for us."
That's just too much for me to swallow. Why risk making something new, when we could just cash in on the old? It was a glorious moment for EA though, that company managed to save a lot of face, at Kotick's expense.
why throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Maybe Kotick should take interest in individual properties again?

Might help if every CoD past 3 wasn't dull, too.