Body Armor Beats Point Blank Car Bomb Blast

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Palademon said:
C95J said:
Holy shit I want that suit!

Man, I can only imagine what was running through that guys mind after the explosion went off, and he just got up and walked away! I bet he felt like a badass.
Too bad he loses some badass points, because cool guys don't look at explosions.
He did something more badass than not looking at it. He knew it was coming and stuck his face right in it and dared it kill him.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
JWAN said:
Deathfish15 said:
I'm assuming his "unspecified injuries" had to do with the box of screws associated with that bomb. I hope the asshole that made that bomb is caught and suffers a painful death. Shrapnel bombs are the worse kind of bombs because it's not the explosion that kills, it's the flying metal that kills and maims. Sickening.

Although, hats off to the Thai engineers that made a suite so durable to survive that. That should be bought by other countries to be used for the safety of the people that deal with those death devices.
Um... Made in the USA
Or at least designed here.

pokkuti

Feb 14, 2008
NicoDK said:
As cool as this is, i can't help but wonder why he would open the door? If you suspect theres a bomb in a car, the terrorist obviously rigged it to trigger when something everyone does with a car happens, aka opening the door to the drivers seat or turning it on.
The bomb was detonated by remote. You can see the radio(or whatever that is) at the last part of the vid. I'm Thai and I read too many news about these bomb tragedy.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
You totally could call him "'splosion Man" now.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
The best hollywood can do is Hurt Locker and even Jeremy Renner took no bombs to the face in the movie.

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
Imagine being essentially strapped into a suit that could withstand the point blank explosion of a car bomb...

and you farted.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
That was actually a pretty small VBIED. I read the headline expecting something pretty ridiculous, but it wasn't all that big. Car bombs of the middle-east warzone variety pack more than a punch. They usually use bundles of munitions and then some, and it is beyond frightening. If something like that went off, you wouldn't be able to see anything for 10-15 minutes, and the camera would have probably been disabled. So when I read "car bomb", thats what I was expecting. I've seen more than enough of those.

Still, he is really lucky. Even with armor like that, it's not uncommon to have limbs severed from shrapnel.

Also, he's lucky if he walks away without a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).

Apprentice88

Jun 16, 2011
That dude must be a Superhero... ...Demo-Man.

Frostbite3789 said:
Palademon said:
C95J said:
Holy shit I want that suit!

Man, I can only imagine what was running through that guys mind after the explosion went off, and he just got up and walked away! I bet he felt like a badass.
Too bad he loses some badass points, because cool guys don't look at explosions.
He did something more badass than not looking at it. He knew it was coming and stuck his face right in it and dared it kill him.
That guy is more Alpha than any of us could ever hope to be.

Salshien

Mar 11, 2011
http://www.allenvanguard.com/Products/PersonalProtectiveEquipment/EODIEDD/EOD9SuitHelmet/tabid/67/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

You know, in case any body wants one.

JWAN said:
Deathfish15 said:
I'm assuming his "unspecified injuries" had to do with the box of screws associated with that bomb. I hope the asshole that made that bomb is caught and suffers a painful death. Shrapnel bombs are the worse kind of bombs because it's not the explosion that kills, it's the flying metal that kills and maims. Sickening.

Although, hats off to the Thai engineers that made a suite so durable to survive that. That should be bought by other countries to be used for the safety of the people that deal with those death devices.
Um... Made in the USA
Designed in Canada.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
misterprickly said:
For REAL protection... Get a TROJAN!

Oh man bear spray and a crotch clock! This is too good to be true!

Too bad this never got sold to the military, it looks good, but I don't think the suit blends in very well with the environment :L

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
karloss01 said:
its just a bomb disposal suit, thats what it does. protects the user from close proximity blasts.

Let us have our hopes and dreams instead of putting common sense into the mix,LET US DREAM!!!!!

OT:Yeah,I'm pretty sure that anyone wearing that thing would be invincible

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Deathfish15 said:

Um, it is most likely also major ear damage

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
I'm pretty sure his pants are considerably heavier now though...
Sylocat said:
When I saw the headline, I thought it was either a joke, or there was some hidden variable that made it not so astonishing.

But no, he survived a point-blank car explosion that injured people a dozen yards away, with stuff he was WEARING.

Wow. Just... wow.
Same here, I thought it was a joke too.

That's a story to tell the grandkids.
The EOD dude: *gets up and pats off dust* "Well, looks like I get to go to lunch early.Peace bitches!"

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I wonder... if that was his car, would his insurance cover the damage or say he didn't do his job properly?