Body Quirks

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Blow_Pop said:
If I don't shower daily, you can tell by how unwashed my hair looks(and I mean daily by a 24 hour period of time). My hair gets oily quick. And my face is excessively oily causing me to break out in zits and blackheads especially during the summer months.
I'm the same way. If my skin and hair were any more oily I'd be fending off wildcatters from Exxon-Mobil.

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
I think i'm missing a bone in my shoulders because i can push my elbow back far enough to touch it with my tongue XD

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Nothing really bad though a slight niggle, I have a bent and groved top to my left ear which I have no idea how I got because both ears were once well rounded, the only thing I can think of is I slept on it badly an entire night and it lost it's shape. Not much of a problem except when a symmetry OCD kicks in when I look in a mirror after watching Death the Kid.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
I belong to the very exclusive club of white people who kind of look like Asian people, but don't have any Asian relatives.

I know there others out there that share my pain.

"Oh, how's that Asian guy you were with."

"He's not Asian."

"Are you sure?"
This is the most irrelevant thing ever but.... I WANT THAT OKAMI DOGE SHIRT SO BAD!!! Where'd you get it? :p

I can independently move my right eye which makes for a cool party trick. My right shoulder is also always a tiny bit higher than my left for some reason, had to go in for x-rays once and annoyed the living tarp out of the radiographer who for some reason wanted them horizontally even, that was fun.

Dec 14, 2009
Blitsie said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I belong to the very exclusive club of white people who kind of look like Asian people, but don't have any Asian relatives.

"He's not Asian."

"Are you sure?"
This is the most irrelevant thing ever but.... I WANT THAT OKAMI DOGE SHIRT SO BAD!!! Where'd you get it? :p

I can independently move my right eye which makes for a cool party trick. My right shoulder is also always a tiny bit higher than my left for some reason, had to go in for x-rays once and annoyed the living tarp out of the radiographer who for some reason wanted them horizontally even, that was fun.
I got it from Qwertee, which sadly, with the way they work, don't have the short available right now.

http://www.qwertee.com/

They do one or two new shirts everyday, and they're usually only available for a day or two.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
In the middle of my ribcage I've got this teeny little dip which if you poke you can feel a little bone nub. It's weird. When I was younger and really skinny you could see it damn easily too.

Also I don't know if it's specifically what you mean but having some mild tourette's syndrome sort of qualifies I guess? Nothing physical or immediately visible but if I don't focus I end up making some odd mouth noises and minor facial twitches. Luckily I can reign it in when I'm around people.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
You all are going to think I'm lying out my ass when reading this list... ;)

- I'm pretty tall, about half-inch shy of 6'. Shoe shopping is damn impossible since my feet are women's size 12 or 13.

- If I stretch my arms out and you measure fingertip to fingertip, my arm span is 6'8". Yeah, I'm built like a monkey.

- My stretched-out hand, measured from pinky tip to thumb tip, is 9.5". That's bigger than any guy I ever dated.

- Similarly, measuring from my wrist to the top of my middle finger, is 8".

- I have a 15-key reach on a grand piano and 9-fret low-e to high-e reach on a Fender Strat.

- My arms are double-jointed, so I can contort them all around my body. If I wrap my arms around myself (like a hug) I can touch my fingers behind my back.

- Like someone before me in this thread, I'm a supertaster

- I have the bones for 12 toes, but you can only see 10 from the outside. The extra toes are inside my feet and run perpendicular to the underside of the rest of my bones, meaning that I balance entirely on a heel and three often-bruised bones. That makes me more wobbly than most people.

- I have 13 nipples. Yes, you read that correctly. No, I'm not posting pics. ;) Apparently, extra nipples are somewhat more common among those of us born in central-U.S. farm country like I was.

- Except for my back, every joint in my body cracks almost every time I move them. That's been going on my entire life. Both sides of my jaw crack every time I open my mouth, even to chew. I HATE when people cringe and make ongoing comments about it, because I'd stop it if I could. Fuckwits.

- Pay no attention to my avatar picture, I'm a natural redhead. I have red hair and blue eyes, both on the rare end of the spectrum

- Speaking of rare, I'm left-handed (only about 10-15% of the population), female (only about 10% of lefties), and both of my parents are right-handed (only about 2% of lefties have two righty parents).

- My brain doesn't process color correctly. Specifically, it doesn't re-organize the color spectrum into a single focal point, and so I can't see more than one color clearly at a time. For cooler colors (blue, purple, dark greens, etc.) I'm nearsighted to about -2.00. On the other end (red, yellow, orange, white) I'm farsighted at nearly +4.00. This means I have six different pairs of glasses for different shades of ambient lighting. Yet I'm still half blind all the time!

- My voice is incredibly flexible... I scare the shit out of people with my Barney impression.

------------------------------

Like I said, you must all think I'm full of shit now. lol

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Ten Foot Bunny said:
You all are going to think I'm lying out my ass when reading this list... ;)

- I'm pretty tall, about half-inch shy of 6'.
- My voice is incredibly flexible... I scare the shit out of people with my Barney impression.

------------------------------

Like I said, you must all think I'm full of shit now. lol
Well, tall women aren't THAT uncommon... are they? My perception my be skewed from living in a large city all my life (I've met someone from multiple countries in every continent save Africa and most Pacific Islands, but I know they're here). Also, do you mean Neil Patrick Harris's Barney or Barney the purple unspecifiedosaurus? Either way you could probably make a pretty penny if you got a foothold in the VA business.

Anyway, as for my own physical quirks:

The outward-facing portion of my forearms, the back of my hands, and, to a lesser extent, my knees (which doesn't make much sense to me) are all markedly darker than the rest of my skin, so it always looks like I'm unevenly tanned unless I even it up in the summer months. (this is somewhat less remarkable when I mention my parents are, for want of a better term, white and black, respectively)

I can crack most of my joints (save elbws/knees) audibly. Unfortunately this does absolutely nothing to help if most of them ever feel stiff (fingers exempt of course).

My eyebrows look like they were rubbed raw on the outer end and almost no hair grows there. I still have no idea why this happened or when exactly, but as of today they can't really be called eyebrows past about the horizontal midpoint of my eye sockets. Also I learned today that the left one is even shorter than the right and I can't un-see it!

If I pull my hair back into a ponytail high on my head I look surprisingly like Joakim Noah (basketball player for the Chicago Bulls). If I could grow a goatee I could probably pull off a decent costume of him. Sadly my facial hair stops at my upper lip and underneath my chin, so all I can grow is 'chops and/or a neckbeard

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Blitsie said:
Daystar Clarion said:

"He's not Asian."

"Are you sure?"

I got it from Qwertee, which sadly, with the way they work, don't have the short available right now.

http://www.qwertee.com/

They do one or two new shirts everyday, and they're usually only available for a day or two.
Ah! Very much like TheYetee I see, but awesome thanks!! I see they've got an absolutely rocking One Piece shirt today which I might buy, so that's cool. Thanks again man.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
My left ear is deformed by a vascular anomaly, essentially the blood vessels on the left hand side of my head are all oversized. It's pretty gross but I'm probably lucky it's just the ear and the whole left side of my head isn't a veiny mess.

The fact my head is unusually small rather magnifies the effect.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
For what it's worth, the skin around my fibula looks like it belongs to a rhinoceros. Lotion/moisturizer just doesn't do anything to affect it.

Also, I have a tiny birthmark on my ribcage that looks like a question mark. Actually, that was part of the reason for my username.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
-I've got a spare vertebrae. Found that out because in middle school I learned I could crack my neck on demand. It freaked my mom out so much she had me x-rayed and the doc confirmed there was a spare in there.

-I can hear electronics. This is seriously the most surreal of my quirks. When I'm around tech my ears are filled with this noise like ringing television static. Old CRT monitors are the worst offenders of this, although it does give me a neat party trick. I can sit in the next room and tell someone when they're changing the channel on an old CRT television, it causes a hiccup in the noise. Doesn't work with flat panels though, I've no idea why. Also, when I'm away from technology the sound is much, much, lower, muted almost.

-Flipper feet. They're not all that long, really, but they're freaking wide, and flatter than a Kansas highway. I have to special order my shoes to get ones wide enough, and arch supports make my feet and calves spasm.

-Light sensitivity; I don't know if it's on the same scale as others I've talked to with light sensitivity, but I know I definitely have it. Sun stings when I'm out in it and I burn really fast, although I've never clocked it. Even with sunscreen on (SPF 45-50ish) I still burn, albeit less intensely. Sun makes me freaking exhausted in a hurry. Being outside for 10-20 min in naked sun is about the same as running a 5K for me. I also get really bad migraines when I'm out in sunlight, and I always compulsively close one eye to slow down the process, although sunglasses do help.

-Nocturnal; My body doesn't actually 'wake up' until around 6pm. At 6pm I'm ready to go and want to get stuff done whereas 6am I want to go to sleep. At midnight I'm energized, whereas at noon I feel like I've been up all night. Hopefully some day I'll be able to find a job with a night shift, I'd rock that like a hurricane. I've also always taken pride in my night vision, although truthfully I've never really bothered to compare it to anyone else's to see how it stacks up.

-Middle toes grow together; Seriously, on both feet my two middle toes compulsively grow together to the point that they've deformed a little in an effort to get even closer to each other. According to some crazy guy on TV, that's supposed to make me some kind 'human dowsing rod' for oil, although I don't think I'll be banking on that.

Anyway, I suppose there's a bunch of other minor stuff I could mention, but those are the highlights of my weirdness.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
For some reason, my entire head twitches to the left at random times. Like literally, it will without any warning, slam my head to the left...sometimes it hits my shoulder. This happens more often than not in colder weather. I haven't really looked into why this is, but it doesn't concern me as this has always been the case and I have seen no negative benefits other than having the people in public think I am a crazy person....which they would be right.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
I was born with club feet. Basically they were both backwards and sideways. I had corrective surgery when I was very young so they look normal for the most part and work about as well as they can. However my feet and lower legs are disproportionate to the rest of my body. Chicken legs basically.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
My body hair cannot decide whether it wants to be ginger or pale. My chest hair slowly goes from ginger to pale the higher it gets, and my eyebrows are pale and are often mistaken for not being there at all.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Proto Taco said:
-I can hear electronics. This is seriously the most surreal of my quirks. When I'm around tech my ears are filled with this noise like ringing television static. Old CRT monitors are the worst offenders of this, although it does give me a neat party trick. I can sit in the next room and tell someone when they're changing the channel on an old CRT television, it causes a hiccup in the noise. Doesn't work with flat panels though, I've no idea why. Also, when I'm away from technology the sound is much, much, lower, muted almost.
I do this too!
I can hear if a TV, radio or any sort of similar electronics are on.
To me its more of a high-pitched noise almost outside my range, but still very noticeable.

I can still sleep with anything going on around me, as I usually keep my computer on 24/7.
Funny story, I actually slept through a tree-felling right outside my bedroom window.
I live out in the woods, so no other noises around (except birds, planes..did I mention planes? every other minute a plane goes by overhead) but they felled that massive tree with chainsaws, tractors, etc.
I slept through it all.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Mr.Tea said:

I'm a man, but according to this, I'm 110-150% woman.

Seriously, my lower back is arched inward to a ridiculous degree.
The stomach thing checks out.
And my butt is rounded and sticks out enough that, with my back (butt) to a wall, no part of my back or shoulder blades touch the wall.

I've had very bad times trying to find well-fitting clothing because of this shit.
Oh my God this. I didn't even realise this was a common thing that happens. Every time I wear a shirt it either amplifies the "butt sticky-outy" effect or is too big and makes my body look like it gets progressively wider the closer it gets to my butt.

Thing is, I have no idea how people prefer their man butts. Are butts on men the best they can be when they're tiny? Or does a plump pile of ass like my own hold any appeal?

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Hypermobile joints here and there. If I lean out, I can get my hip to "pop" out.

Ooh, and if I use a cotton swab in my left ear, it tickles my throat and I cough. Strange entanglement of nerves, I'm guessing. :p