Borderlands 2 comes out in one month. Who's buying it?

ShadowTrooper-A-E

Aug 20, 2012
Pre-ordered months ago, was a big toss up between halo 4 BL2 and dishonored but halo 4's look so far is mixed and dishonored being a new ip went with Borderlands 2. Seriously can not wait for this only problem is what class to play first. Also First post of hopefully many.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
This and Mass Effect 3 were my two most anticipated games of the year. Mass Effect 3 was day one so will this.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Definitely buying it, been looking forward to it since the first game. And it has to be on PC, that PhysX video has convinced me that only the PC can really do it justice.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
The question is: Do I have $180 dollars to spend Dishonored, Borderlands 2, and Guild wars2? The answer is yes.

Do I have enough Gbs? The portion of the last 195 will have to suffice. Do I have enough time? Of course not, but Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault won't be out till Christmas, so I need to tide myself over.

Am I willing to frivolously spend nearly 200 on videogames? That answer remains to be seen.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Am I getting Boderlands 2?

Going split screen coop with my fiancée, Borderlands 1 style.
You are getting a lot of use out of that clip aren't you? :D

OT: Hell yes I am, at the first possible moment. The only question at this point is if I get it on console for the stable performance or on PC for convince and better graphics.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I might pick it up eventually. I played Borderlands and it was fun and largely functional but got bored with it by the end. I can see that keeping it largely the same for the sequel is a selling point, i wish they would learn from that approach with a few other series (yes Im still talking about DA2). But for me i dont find anything strongly appealing about plunging back into that world. So in conclusion, proabably yes, but maybe a year down the line when i can pick up the edition with all dlc included for about half the release day price.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Hell to the yes! Not much more that I can say at the moment.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Absolutely, and I've pre-ordered it as well. I've never played Borderlands, but by god does it look worth it.

The Mechromancer just looks amazing.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I loved the first one, and I have preordered the second.
It shall be played like no other game has been played before!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
ShadowTrooper-A-E said:
Pre-ordered months ago, was a big toss up between halo 4 BL2 and dishonored but halo 4's look so far is mixed and dishonored being a new ip went with Borderlands 2. Seriously can not wait for this only problem is what class to play first. Also First post of hopefully many.
Welcome to the Escapist!

(Sorry for the long wait for someone to welcome you!)

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I enjoyed Borderlands very much even if it came up a bit short, sadly all I've seen so far from B2 looks like their improvements are going in the opposite direction of what I would suggest.

Instead of more varied and tighter gameplay mechanics they are dumping in more models... that doesn't fix the repetitive gameplay, and more silliness also doesn't fix the loose story.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
I', beyond psyched for the release. There is not a single other game this year I'm as interested in getting. I still can't decide on who to first play as, a question that often nags me day in and day out.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I was gonna pre-order the Super special loot edition, but I couldn't because I didn't know they only took pre-orders for it within a certain amount of time. So I pre-ordered the medium version, AND I finally finished paying it off. Can't wait!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Fuck... I need a new cpu... Actually, I just need a new computer... Needless to say, I can't run it, so I won't be playing it :(

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
Definitely my most anticipated game of the year, loved the first and it's great many flaws, I can't wait.

Mr.K. said:
Instead of more varied and tighter gameplay mechanics they are dumping in more models... that doesn't fix the repetitive gameplay, and more silliness also doesn't fix the loose story.
People really wanted more enemy variety though, the repetition in the first came from samey enemies and boring quests. While I imagine the quests are going to be just as boring, your going to be shooting at a lot more different stuff during those quests, which is definitely what I wanted.

Borderlands basically had no story, you start out looking for a vault, a shadowy figure helps you look for a vault, you keep on looking for a vault, you find a vault and it's a big letdown. As much as I absolutely adored Borderlands, there's just no way to create a worse story, hell having an antagonist basically gives Borderlands 2 a better story from the get go.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Definitely. I got the $100 edition because I want that bobble head of Marcus. I like it's look.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Vigormortis said:
As such, I'm going to wait. Possibly long enough for a price drop.

Besides, I've got Torchlight 2 coming. That should satiate my hunger for co-op dungeon looting for a while.
Yeah the price drop for the BL1 happened fast. On the other side I still feel like half the DLC was well worth it.

I preordered and look forward to the suffering caused by this, GW2 and Torchlight 2 (hopefully dropping soon). Its going to be a rough winter.