Bored. Need new TV series.

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
Talshere said:
Person of Interest. Its a show about a Secret Agent who's considered dead, and a super rich genius who is also considered dead. The genius was asked by the government to make a program, utilizing every aspect of media, text messages, phone calls, security camers, etc. etc. to prevent acts of terrorism in response to 9/11. The guy made it to awesome and it figures out every act of premeditated crime. Being a genius and all he created a back door and gets the social of either the bad guy or the victim, and hires the help of the secret agent to save the victims from harms way. I really enjoy it, at least watch the first episode.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
The Wire, it's the greatest TV show ever made, it's Dickensian in tone, vast in scope, bitterly realistic and consistently good for 5 seasons. It's a police procedural set in Baltimore focusing on all the level of the city and crime, from addicts to dealers, cops to politicians, everyone is fleshed out, there's no cliched characters or stereotypes.

It also has Omar Little in it, Barack Obama's favourite tv character.

Also:
-Breaking Bad
-Boardwalk Empire
-Misfits
-Arrested Development
-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
Well, Caprica is pretty good if you want some more BSG. Misfits is an english show about delinquents how get super powers, very funny. Community is witty and silly and one ofthe best comedy series showing. And of course, who can forget the muppets.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
I don't like television. Rarely can I stand a television series. So, initially I was going to suggest mayhap trying a book, rather than being irritatingly contrarian, I'll say watch the Twilight Zone. Hunt down some original episodes, it's very much worth it.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
Huh... I thought Warehouse 13 got better during season 2.

I see someone already recommended Psyche, but I can also recommend Eureka. Takes some time to pick up, but it's good (if not amazing).

And even if you don't like Anime give the original Full Metal Alchemist a six episode chance. I don't enjoy anime at all anymore and yet I loved the whole thing. Couldn't stand Brotherhood, though.

And, similar to that would be Avatar: The Last Airbender.

... And upon scrolling up to check something I saw that your avatar was Ichigo. So yeah. I assume you like anime :p

It was getting to the point where I was thinking "People are dumb, but not THAT dumb" on for example the Anarchy episode. It had gone beyond little stuff that a few conspiracy theorists would rant about and noone would believe to scientists internationally would be watching the news going "we being lied too". It kinda ruined the whole "noone knows about us" thing since academia and the internet would be alive with activity proving that it couldnt have been a chemical spill because chemicals dont act like that.

Also, Seen FMA, both of em ;) and Avatar. Im kinda burnt out on on anime atm.If I were to watch on it would probably be Toaru Majutsu no Index.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Invader Zim

Although normally I would never recommend it you can try it out and see what you think.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Merlin, the DVD's are out and the third season is drawing to a close soon so that will also be released on DVD aswell soon.

Great series, great characters, and surprisingly easy to get in to.

Others that I HIGHLY recommend are:

Dexter (Murderer working for the police, what can I say its truely brilliant)

Two and a half men (Heck even with charlie sheen gone its still epic)

The inbetweeners, possibly the funniest thing produced on television.

Blackadder is a crown jewel of comedy and is something to behold, WATCH IT NOW LEST I DISEMBOWEL YOU!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Shows I adore that aren't on your list:

- Mad Men

- Boardwalk Empire

- Sons of Anarchy

- Deadwood

- Californication

- Arrested Development

- Community

And some other, minor ones I can't think off. Mostly animes, I'll stick to live action here.
ace_of_something said:
Community for humors funniest show I've seen in a while.
Not just for the humor:

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Most of the shows I was going recommend have been mentioned already.

The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Community, Archer, and Burn Notice.

British TV:

Luther (Possibly the best police drama I've ever seen)
Skins
Shameless

American TV:

Haven
Nikita
Happy Endings
Revenge

Showtime:

Homeland

Starz:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
The Wire is the best series in the history of television. And I'm prepared to shout and gesticulate wildly at anyone who claims otherwise.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
The Wire is kinda cool =3. Also I really enjoy The Mentalist, but I imagine there would be a lot of complaining about that show in the same categories as there is with for example CSI: Miami... "Omfg thats not realistic!" I haven't actually searched for such complaints cause I don't want to know, I just want to enjoy my show X3.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
have you already seen the old Dr.Who episodes? (from 1963 onwards)
I,m currently watching Intial D (Japanese version the US dub sucks)

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Ldude893 said:
Also, the I.T. Crowd's a nice show. Lots of computer humor, and the jokes are brilliant even though it's British.
This one, especially if you work as a PC technician or you're just really tech-savvy. The jokes will be right up your alley if that's the case.

Also, OP, if you're bored, I have a solution for your brain: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Other than what you've already mentioned, I recommend:

Red Dwarf
Misfits
Samurai Jack
Phineas and Ferb (Yeah, I know it's a kid's show, but it's WAY smarter than much of the crap on now...)
Baccano
Death Note
South Park
Futurama

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
TLS14 said:
Also, OP, if you're bored, I have a solution for your brain: Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Oh you card. *haughty handwave and giggle*

HHammond

Jun 28, 2011
Buffy. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sounds crappy but it's awesome. You might want to skip season 1 though because it's pretty crap. It doesn't become awesome until about halfway through season 2. Buffy is sort of like new Doctor Who but in high school and much much better.

Angel is also really good, but has the same deal.

If you didn't already know it's done by the same guy who did Dollhouse and Firefly.

The IT Crowd if you're looking for something hilarious.