Bosses/enemies you feel sorry about killing

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
So any particular enemies tug your heartstrings when you're plunging a knife into their hearts?

Rare Dark Souls example, Crossbreed Priscilla. Apparently i'm one of those rare people who waved her goodbye and jumped off the cliff to safety. I honestly can't see a reason why you would even consider killing her since she's questionably the only truly innocent person in the entire game, from what little i've pieced together from the story elements.

Oh and if you killed her for the phat lootz get out of my sight you terrible, terrible person. You have no place in this world!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
All the Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus.

Watching you kill them is as painful to your emotions as it is stabbing them in the head.

Hyperone

Nov 30, 2009
Felt bad for killing an opponent? You know, I really can't pick a particular villain I have ever felt bad for destroying. I feel worse when I kill a cutesy mob than any boss.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
The collosi in Shadow of the Colossus. Usually they are just minding their own business and don't make an effort to attack upon seeing you.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I remember feeling really guilty about killing Ulfric Stormcloak.

And I feel absolutely wretched every time I kill some innocent fauna in an MMO because they got caught in my AoE. Deer in particular tend to make the most aggrieved honking sounds when they die, it's shattering.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Bioshock, the Big Daddies.

There they are, minding their own business, just protecting talkative little girls, when some drugged-up jerk runs along and starts launching grenades and spraying them with electric gel.

They will happily leave you alone if you don't provoke them. Heck, they even give you a warning to back off if you get too close.

Kimozabi

Sep 1, 2008
Those tiny covenant aliens from Halo. They seem almost like the Hitler Jugend of the Covenant - little kid aliens, desperately fleeing from you and yelling in pain with child-like voices.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I felt really bad about killing the heretic leader in Halo 2. He was technically a good guy just trying to speak the truth... Awesome boss fight though :)

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
I remember hearing his response to Legate Rikke's "Skyrim doesn't belong to you Ulfric" and thinking Nooooo! This guy is so awesome why did I join the Empire.

Seriously, he says "... No, but it seems that I belong to her." that's such a bamf line. This Man is more like the actual Caesar than the Caesar from New Vegas.

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
those things in binding of issac, their deformed, pose little threat, cry and run from you, and you cant continue till you kill them :(

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Confidingtripod said:
those things in binding of issac, their deformed, pose little threat, cry and run from you, and you cant continue till you kill them :(
I used to feel sorry for killing them.

Now I only feel rage when I chase the fuckers down and they hide behind the fucking rocks for the 1000th time.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I kinda felt sorry for beating the bloody piss out of Poseidon and gouging his eyes out in God of War 3, but then I felt sorry for everyone who was on the receiving end of Kratos' wrath.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Zhukov said:
Bioshock, the Big Daddies.

There they are, minding their own business, just protecting talkative little girls, when some drugged-up jerk runs along and starts launching grenades and spraying them with electric gel.

They will happily leave you alone if you don't provoke them. Heck, they even give you a warning to back off if you get too close.
You pretty much said everything I would have said on this topic.

Next up
Morinth. I would have loved to have heard more of her side of the story.
I mean she is about 100 and something so I very much doubt Shepard would have been able to change her ways with a few words from the Paragon bag but...the way things went just left me feeling uneasy.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
BloatedGuppy said:

And I feel absolutely wretched every time I kill some innocent fauna in an MMO because they got caught in my AoE. Deer in particular tend to make the most aggrieved honking sounds when they die, it's shattering.
I did the Stormcloaks first time through and didn't feel guilty killing Tullius at all. Then I did everything else in the game before coming back to the Civil War questline on the Empire's side. I felt no remorse stabbing Ulfric through the heart. I was playing a Dunmer :p

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
So any particular enemies tug your heartstrings when you're plunging a knife into their hearts?

Rare Dark Souls example, Crossbreed Priscilla. Apparently i'm one of those rare people who waved her goodbye and jumped off the cliff to safety. I honestly can't see a reason why you would even consider killing her since she's questionably the only truly innocent person in the entire game, from what little i've pieced together from the story elements.

Oh and if you killed her for the phat lootz get out of my sight you terrible, terrible person. You have no place in this world!
Crossbreed Priscilla is far from truly innocent. She claims that the Painted World is a peaceful place with kind inhabitants when it's full of bloated suicide-mutants, spear-wielding blobs and other monstrosities. She's also probably the daughter of Seath the Scaleless, and presumably she was banished to the Painted World for some reason.

Another example in Dark Souls would probably be Great Grey Wolf Sif, since he starts limping around when you are close to killing him. I still don't feel sorry for him, since he was trying to kill me up till that point, but many players say they do.

Twyce

Mostly a Lurker
Apr 1, 2009
Dragon's Dogma

I felt bad for letting the King choke the queen to death. But I was pissed when I played through the first time and she accused ME of breaking into her room, when she really invited me. Still, the game gives you like a good three minutes of hearing/seeing her struggle while her husband strangles her to death. I almost went out there and took the fall for her...ALMOST.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
The Demo for "The Binding of Issac"

I felt really bad about hurting those guys with the fly eggs in them. They're already upset as it is, and when you hit them, they cry and run away! They've done nothing to you, and are already cursed with the fact that flies have made them monsters, and they feel really bad about it. Plus, killing them leaves behind a fly, which is more of a reason to not want to hurt them.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Jimmy T. Malice said:
The Wykydtron said:

Crossbreed Priscilla is far from truly innocent. She claims that the Painted World is a peaceful place with kind inhabitants when it's full of bloated suicide-mutants, spear-wielding blobs and other monstrosities. She's also probably the daughter of Seath the Scaleless, and presumably she was banished to the Painted World for some reason.

Another example in Dark Souls would probably be Great Grey Wolf Sif, since he starts limping around when you are close to killing him. I still don't feel sorry for him, since he was trying to kill me up till that point, but many players say they do.
Well considering all other bosses are jumping on my face the moment I come in the door having a nice dragon lady talk to me and offer a way out kinda throws her into my good books a little. Plus DS' story is so overly subtle and often not even there makes the fact that she is one of the only friendly faces out in the world take complete precedence.

I suppose next you'll tell me Gywnevere was actually plotting to kill me and seize some o' dat power right?

I like the "story" of Dark Souls don't get me wrong but there's being subtle, there's having fuck all happen and then there's Dark Souls sitting in some bizarre middle ground. There must be something wrong with a story when reading the wiki is a requirement to understanding the majority of it.

It needs a baseline is what i'm saying. You can't read into subtle things properly when you don't have a handle on the basic plot.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Sif from Dark Souls. The way the poor thing limps when it's near death really makes me wish I could just steal the ring and be done with it.

The Boss from MGS 3 though that was a damn fun fight with the CQC and running between the trees and whatnot.

Ocelot in MGS 4. Ocelot's been kinda my virtual idol since I played MGS as a child so killing him was as sad as it was fun.

Every single boss during the second half of Nier. Not so much the first time through, but on the way to ending B, when you see the drama from their perspective, I was honestly happey when they'd beat me instead.