Boy with autism gets tricked into fake ice bucket challenge. Gets bodily fluids dumped on him.

CaptainCoxwaggle

Aug 24, 2014
Diablo1099 said:
CaptainCoxwaggle said:
Gee whiz, it's just a harmless prank.

I would have done the same to my own friends at that age. Actually this incident reminds me of a time when I found one of my friends passed out drunk, I knew he was a homophobe (a real one that is, one who is actually scared of homosexuals), so I microwaved some mayonnaise and flicked some on his face, then woke him up with my pants off.

He locked himself in the shower for three hours.
Imagine doing that prank but with your own shit, fresh from the oven.
Now see the kinda difference it makes.

I mean, if that was the case, you could make that point then, but fuck me, It was a cocktail of Piss, Shit and Spit! That could ACTUALLY cause serious medical issues, least compared to Mayonnaise
If I was a stupid kid, I probably would, but now as a responsible adult I find sexual innuendo funny

You see, kids find poop funny, and think dumping poop on another head as a prank would be a riot. They don't really understand the dangers of handling bodily wastes. It is very irresponsible, but kids generally are. They need a spanking and a jolly good talking to, not a criminal manhunt.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
CaptainCoxwaggle said:
If I was a stupid kid, I probably would, but now as a responsible adult I find sexual innuendo funny

You see, kids find poop funny, and think dumping poop on another head as a prank would be a riot. They don't really understand the dangers of handling bodily wastes. It is very irresponsible, but kids generally are. They need a spanking and a jolly good talking to, not a criminal manhunt.
Well, it's more the fact that a crowd of kids tricked an Autistic kid into pouring their own shit on top of him and posting it on the internet.
I mean, I THINK literal shit throwing is a crime and the fact that they did it to victimize this disabled kid kinda makes it worse.

Besides, if they got the spanking and talking to, they wouldn't have done it in the first place!

CaptainCoxwaggle

Aug 24, 2014
Diablo1099 said:
CaptainCoxwaggle said:

Well, it's more the fact that a crowd of kids tricked an Autistic kid into pouring their own shit on top of him and posting it on the internet.
I mean, I THINK literal shit throwing is a crime and the fact that they did it to victimize this disabled kid kinda makes it worse.

Besides, if they got the spanking and talking to, they wouldn't have done it in the first place!
Have you ever been a boy among a group of boys? Speaking from experience, they plan the stupidest shit and do not consider the consequences. Groups of boys are even worse as the one boy that points out that it is a stupid plan, gets called a pussy.

It's never too late to discipline boys. But it is silly to organise a witchhunt on children.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
CaptainCoxwaggle said:
Have you ever been a boy among a group of boys? Speaking from experience, they plan the stupidest shit and do not consider the consequences. Groups of boys are even worse as the one boy that points out that it is a stupid plan, gets called a pussy.

It's never too late to discipline boys. But it is silly to organise a witchhunt on children.
Well, if they came forward, there wouldn't be a need for it, but as someone with minor Autism, my blood is boiling at the notion that someone thinks this is funny.
Kid's most likely scarred for life now and, while you can say "Boys will be Boys", it would be DRASTICALLY understating the nature of this "Prank".

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
CaptainCoxwaggle said:
Have you ever been a boy among a group of boys? Speaking from experience, they plan the stupidest shit and do not consider the consequences.
Are you arguing that the way to teach them about consequences is to excuse their behavior?

CaptainCoxwaggle said:
It's never too late to discipline boys.
If you say so. I personally think people don't change, they just grow to be more of whatever they are; more cruel, more apt to victimize the disabled. But I freely admit I'm very misanthropic on that count and my judgment should probably be questioned rigorously.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Jack T. Pumpkin said:
Wow, that's fucked up. I thought being the weird kid was bad, but this... Jesus. Wtf is wrong with kids these days?

Kids have always done horrible things, it's just before FB and twitter it never went past local news.

Lifeonerth

Oct 12, 2012
Children are sociopaths by definition. They have to be taught from infancy to have empathy; that the things they do or say can hurt others and that this is wrong. To think of kids as "innocent" and "pure" is just naive. Some kids are just born bad. Is it nature or nurture? It can be either, but it us usually an interaction of both. Are the parents culpable here? Yes and always, absolutely. Until the child is 18, the parent or guardian bears legal responsibility for the child's behavior at all times. However, the parent did not commit the offense directly, so I would argue that the child bears responsinility for his actions. I agree that our attitudes toward child rearing today are unhealthy. We are rearing a load of spoiled, narcissistic brats. The children are an undiluted reflection of their parents in this way sometimes. I have Asperger's and I was bullied constantly as a kid. Children can be truly vicious and evil. They have to be taught how to behave in a civilized society and how to form positive relationships with others. This does not just automatically happen. My heart goes out to this Autistic child. You have to understand Autism to truly understand the magnitude of the wrong done here.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
That's disgusting. Where are these kid's parents (the perpetrator's)? Should be paying attention and teaching their kids the difference between right and wrong.

Those celebs should donate that money to autism research.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ew, I'm not watching that. I can see that gag getting worked into an Adam Sandler movie though.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Twintix said:
I will never understand what compels people to do this to others. I would say that it's awful, but I feel like that's an understatement. Things like this should never happen to anyone.

But wow, celebrities chiming in to offer rewards to whoever finds the perpetrators? That's so cool.

If I was a cynic, I would suspect that they're doing it for attention. But I'm not, so I don't. That's very sweet of them.
To be honest, I don't think it matters. They can whore out that attention all day long if it means doing some genuine good in the process, at least imho.

GamingBlaze said:
I don't know what's worse..the fact that this kid was put through this horrible thing or me not feeling anything due to seeing how people are dicks.
The kid getting put through it, easily. Nobody gets hurt from you being jaded, whereas this prank might fuck this kid up for life.

CaptainCoxwaggle said:

I would have done the same to my own friends at that age. Actually this incident reminds me of a time when I found one of my friends passed out drunk, I knew he was a homophobe (a real one that is, one who is actually scared of homosexuals), so I microwaved some mayonnaise and flicked some on his face, then woke him up with my pants off.

Gonna have to disagree with ya there, Captain. One should never prank somebody unless they're absolutely certain that the prankee can not only take it, but be fine with it in the end. A prank also should never be done out of malice or contempt. Failing to do either makes it harassment and can seriously fuck somebody up mentally. This prank of their's appears to violate both of these all too cardinal rules while simultaneously being a potential hate crime, and that possibility along with the reckless endangerment of said prank does warrant police intervention.

Just because they're kids doesn't make this okay or any less illegal.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
CaptainCoxwaggle said:

The difference is, warm mayonnaise isn't particularly unsanitary. Body fluids usually are. The two doesn't compare. Second, your friend was older and someone who knew you. Your prank does not compare to luring someone over (particularly if that person is very trustful due to a condition) and dumping a bucket of piss on their head. Which can lead to health complications on top of being appaling. You pranked someone you knew in a way that didn't endanger him.

It's neither harmless nor a good prank. It's abusing someone's trust in a way they can't defend themselves against, simply for cheap giggles at someone else's humiliation. It's one thing between mates who can prank you back, but to do something on this scale to someone who isn't involved is unexcusable and simply not a good prank.

Yes, children usually haven't developed foresight and responsibility, but a teenager could and damn well should be expected to know that dumping piss on someone is far too much. They should be expected to know that they shouldn't exploit someone's misplaced trust in them for giggles in such a cheap, humiliating way.

While a witch hunt would indeed be too much, getting them charged in court after this is the only right thing to do. They had a choice, after all. It doesn't matter if you're a young lad in a group, you always have a choice.

I dread to think what those wankers might do if they aren't introduced to the idea of consequence after this. It's the best cure for this particular kind of "prankster".

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well, if he develops an interest in golden showers in the future, I guess we now know where it came from.

Lame jokes aside, yeah pretty horrible stuff. Not sure it warrants all that money being thrown at it to be honest, but hey, if it goes toward stopping bullying in that area (which I believe is pretty much impossible) fair enough. What kind of criminal grounds would they be facing here? Dumping urine on someone isn't something you see too often, so I've no idea what kind of sentence they could get for that. A fine and community service, perhaps?

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
That's awful.

I don't know what motivates people to do things like that, apart from adolescent cruelty but even then, I just don't get it.

The poor kid.
I know it is terribly cliched, but is nothing sacred? I mean can we have anything good that some crap for brains doesn't come and take a dump on?

Seriously how messed up do you have to be to pervert the ice bucket challenge like this. To do it to an autistic kid to boot!

As for what motivates people to do crap like this, in my EMT class during the life span development chapter was joking around saying during adolescence it seems peoples' brains just turn off for a few years and then when they become adults the brains reboot.

Seriously the cruelty adolescents/teenagers are capable of. The bullying, the peer pressure, the believe that they are invincible, the recklessness, the hormones. oh lord the hormones. never go against them. you will NEVER defeat them!

Adolescence is the age group with the highest suicide rate. That is messed up. Yes, statistically some age group has to lay claim to that unfortunate statistic, but still.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I wonder what the whole mention of the kid being autistic has to do with anything at all. You could take that out and nothing would be different. Regardless, that's just fucked up. Then again, there's a lot of fucked up stuff going on in this world. Though surprising in itself, it's not all that surprising that someone decided to twist the challenge into a prank. Going THAT far though... Ew

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
GamerMage said:
Want to know what I think whoever catches them should do? Let the punishment fit the crime. Somebody should dump a bucket of spit and urine on them.
I would rather not risk repetition turning that into a meme other kids will want to imitate.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
So, will the internet lynch mobs make themselves useful for once and hunt down these kids?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, heard of this. Funny, I'm on Jenny McCarthy's side on something...weird feeling.