Brütal Legend Dev Counter-Sues Activision

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
AgentNein said:
GonzoGamer said:
Kwil said:
Hm. Everybody's PO'd at Activision, but thinking about it more. From Activision's side, Double Fine came to them and said, "Hey, we've got this idea for a game. Fund us!" Activision went, "Huh. Not so sure that'll sell, but you've got good cred, we'll give you this much." Double Fine is like, "Yeah sure.." then some time later, "hey, about that money you gave us? We need another 15 grand to finish it."

Activision's like, "What? Sorry, guy, but we just don't think it's gonna be worth that.. make it with what we gave you already."

And then from what I understand, Double Fine basically goes "Well screw you, we'll go somewhere else for what we need," without thinking about the money that Activision already put into the game. They come to EA, who sees that Activision already paid for half or more, and hey, good deal for them, right?

'cept now Activision wants something for that money they put in in the first place, and we all call them evil for that.

Can somebody fill me in if I've gotten anything wrong there?
People aren't calling them evil because they want their money back. People are calling them evil because they are trying to prevent the release of the game. They want to shit in everyone's sandwich.
If they were just suing for money (what would've been the smart move), you wouldn't see this kind of outrage.

Incidentally I'm glad Activision is taking the evil crown from EA. As stupid as they have been, at least there are EA games I like.
Also, I'm fairly sure that Activision dropped Brutal Legend, not the other way around. And then didn't say shit when EA picked it up, only when the game started developing a buzz.
Even if it was the other way around, considering how much buzz is around this title, they should be suing for money.
Suing to prevent the game is just spitefull to everyone, including gamers. The xbots who were laughing with Acti when the ceo was making fun of the ps3 are laughing at Acti for their arrogance now.

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
The Great JT said:
I believe it was Jack Black who said, "you can't kill the metal!"

And Brutal Legend is metal.
It can only be more metal if they eventually do a Brutal Legend/Metalocalypse crossover

that would be AWESOME!

Foolish Mortal

May 5, 2008
Malygris said:
You guys talk like you know metal, but you don't know metal.

This is metal.

F'n metal.
Videos being removed due to terms of use violation is metal? Huh.

Frankly, I hope Double Fine wins this one, if only so Tim Schafer can get work again. Grim Fandango is up there with Monkey Island and Sam & Max Hit the Road as one of the best adventure games ever made. And while I didn't enjoy the gameplay of Psychonauts so much, the writing was top-notch. Let's hope that Brutal Legend a) gets made and b) still has the Schafer magic.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
Activision have tried to kill the Metal!

Note to self - cease buying any and all Guitar Hero products, and purchase Rock Band gear instead.

Activision shall pay dearly, and the only way they shall understand - loss of custom!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I have came to a conclusion, Activision are crab people... dun dun dun.