Brand-New StarCraft II Commercial Leaked Early

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Yeah... an NBA GAME?!?! Look, I don't see ads for Gatoraide and sports equipment in my gaming mags.

How about advertising Starcraft to people who care about Starcraft? Just a thought. I'm sure that prime-time NBA airtime is crazy expensive, all to put the game in front of a lot of people who won't care.

I will remember this next time Bobby Kotick pokes his gopher face up out of a hole and starts bitching about how expensive it is to make games these days.
If people will watch basketball, they'll watch anything, maybe they're trying to promote esports?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1KIsVP5iOI - Heres the video in case anybody didn't see it

brewbeard

Nov 29, 2007
Trailer pirate police! Woo! Yeah! Can't have that free publicity doggin' on our publicity stunt, can we?

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
Eruanno said:
Disaster Button said:
The woman at 0:12 seconds looks exactly like the Eldar Farseer from the Dawn of War II cinematic intro, except with different armour.
...You mean Sarah Kerrigan?
Because that HAS to be Kerrigan, right? Alone, fighting a gazillion zerg, left by mr. Jerkface Mengsk, later to be swooped up into a nice little egg.

Goddamn I love Kerrigan. She's one of the best video game villains ever.

She is my all time favorite Villian
I absolutely hate her. Though that's probably just because I liked the Overmind as a villain a lot more than her, and he's gone for good. Kerrigan is arrogant, and I have a tendency to hate arrogant characters. I guess me not liking her is more of a personal thing.

Also, I didn't get to see the shiny video. Now I feel left out :(

Grigori361

Apr 6, 2009
TWEWER said:
I'm curious as to why Blizzard doesn't just make a CG StarCraft movie yet.
It probably wouldn't work, video game story telling, and movie story telling are poorly if at all compatible.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Grigori361 said:
TWEWER said:
I'm curious as to why Blizzard doesn't just make a CG StarCraft movie yet.
It probably wouldn't work, video game story telling, and movie story telling are poorly if at all compatible.
Yes, but if every person who ever bought StarCraft went to go see it, I think it would be a success.

I'd certainly go see it.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
I wonder if the chick from the dead "Starcraft: Ghost" will be there to claim her promised spotlight.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
I just hope they ship them out so that folks who ordered online will get it same-day. I won't be able to stop into Game Stop that day, so I've not bothered to change my pre-order to in-store pickup. ><!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
John Funk said:
Eruanno said:
Disaster Button said:
The woman at 0:12 seconds looks exactly like the Eldar Farseer from the Dawn of War II cinematic intro, except with different armour.
Because that HAS to be Kerrigan, right? Alone, fighting a gazillion zerg, left by mr. Jerkface Mengsk, later to be swooped up into a nice little egg.

Yeah, that has to be Kerrigan. She's in the Ghost outfit as seen by Nova, and if you look closely, the face is almost identical to the Infested Kerrigan face we see a close-up of earlier.
I wonder what this will mean...
It means I can care again about Kerrigan.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I hate it when trailers make RTSs look exciting and action-packed.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Chick looks like Elder Farseer and Kerrigan.

Also, epic trailer and the accent at the end is horrifying...

Hirushia

Sep 24, 2009
Oh my god this looks amazi--

*spurt*

The trailer really g--

*spurt*

I'm looking forward to this ga--

*spurt*

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Eruanno said:
Disaster Button said:

Naaaaah, that was Joanna from Perfect Dark... She got lost on her way to blow up some Skedars. Though I've actually been wondering if they'd bring back Kerrigans human form to SC2...

I can't help but feel her appearance in the clip might be a huge spoiler to the storyline if I'm thinking what they're thinking.... I need to shut brain off quickly before I ruin the.... Awwwww Too late.. :(