Breaking Bad discussion thread

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
This series has become extremely popular lately, so I thought it was fitting to make a general discussion thread about it, where we can talk about the latest episodes!

Warning, here be spoilers!

So, what did you guys think of the newest episode? Walts character has really changed the last few episodes, but killing Mike... Goodbye Walter White, hello Heisenberg! With Gustavo Fring gone, I think season 5 will mold Walter into the new antagonist, and it's already well on its way.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I think they're setting Walt for an Icarus story line through next season. I'm kind glad Ehrmantraut is gone and Jesse is going in a new direction. The "Walt = reckless, Mike = rational, Jesse = emotional/unstable" bit was getting a bit stale, tbh.

Wonder what's going to happen with Skylar/Hank.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Dags90 said:
I think they're setting Walt for an Icarus story line through next season. I'm kind glad Ehrmantraut is gone and Jesse is going in a new direction. The "Walt = reckless, Mike = rational, Jesse = emotional/unstable" bit was getting a bit stale, tbh.

Wonder what's going to happen with Skylar/Hank.
Walt's going to shoot Skyler in the face and Hank is going to kill Walt. I've always had the feeling that Hank will be the one to put an end to Walt. I bet Walt's prints get found on Mike's bag.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Nah, Hank is gonna find out but he won't shoot him. That would make zero sense.

As for Skyler, theres been some foreshadowing involving strangling, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen on Sunday...
My guess would be Skyler killing Walt, and Hank helping cover it up for her. Hopefully Walt kills Marie before then though, everyone's been waiting for her to die horribly. Wonder if her blood will be purple.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Ah a SmashLovesTitanQuest appreciation thread well.. oh wait this isn't that? Nevermind.

Walter White is pretty much dead. Heisenburg is in full force and I can only see this ending badly for Walt. I too think Hank will be the one to kill Walt in the end but we have to wait a whole fucking year for the second half...

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
As for Skyler, theres been some foreshadowing involving strangling, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen on Sunday...
Woah really? When and where was this foreshadowing :eek:?

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
I hope that Walt doesn't die, rather he reaches the top and is left naught but a hollow shell of a man who has either eliminated or alienated everybody who has ever actually cared for him.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Walt disgusted me when he poisoned Brock last season, but since Walt needed Jesse's help to kill Gus and save his family's lives, I could "let it slide", considering the kid made a full recovery. But killing Mike was the last straw. I now want Walt to die a slow painful death alone and unloved, and for everyone who ever knew him to come piss on his grave.

So I basically became Skyler.

Pinkamena

Jun 27, 2011
DugMachine said:
Ah a SmashLovesTitanQuest appreciation thread well.. oh wait this isn't that? Nevermind.

Walter White is pretty much dead. Heisenburg is in full force and I can only see this ending badly for Walt. I too think Hank will be the one to kill Walt in the end but we have to wait a whole fucking year for the second half...
We have to wait a year for the second half of the season?!

Kakulukia said:
So I basically became Skyler.
Are you the most annoying woman in television history? No? Then you are not Skylar.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
I hope Skylar finally gets killed. I hate that *****. I doubt that Walt will have a happy ending. Mike totally deserved what he got anyway, he almost killed Walt a bunch of times.

There's so many things that could happen, I wish the next series would start already. A month before the last season airs I'll probably watch every season again in preparation. It's what I've done the last couple of series.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Pinkamena said:
DugMachine said:

We have to wait a year for the second half of the season?!

Pretty sure I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

Pinkamena

Jun 27, 2011
kman123 said:
I foresee no happy ending for Walter. Either he reaches the top and becomes rich and free, but he has nothing to live for, or he dies on his way to the top. I'm guessing Jesse will kill Walter, if it does end that way.
I don't think Jesse could live with that.

Sebass

Jul 13, 2009
kman123 said:
I foresee no happy ending for Walter. Either he reaches the top and becomes rich and free, but he has nothing to live for, or he dies on his way to the top. I'm guessing Jesse will kill Walter, if it does end that way.
Remember the first scene of the first episode? Walter (with beard and even hair!) sitting in some diner in a different state (don't remember where the waitress mentioned something about him being a long way from home) with a fake I.D. making a '52' with bacon on his plate and having that huge gun in the back of his car? Yeah, don't think he's gonna come out on top.

Personally I think Hank will find out about him and he has to run away. No idea what the gun is for though, could be anything with 9 more episodes to go.

DugMachine said:
I'm intrigued as well ..

Pinkamena said:
kman123 said:
I don't think Jesse could live with that.
Until Jesse finds out Walt poisoned Brock and convinced him into thinking it was Gus and thereby manipulating him to join his side against Gus. Or when Jesse finds out that Walter watched and did nothing when Jane was dying because she was an obstacle/threat to Walt. Or when he knows that Walt killed Mike because Mike hurt Walt's ego.

Jesse is started to increasingly dislike Walt more and more: Walt doesn't want to give him his money, he pressures Jesse into staying in the meth business, Jesse knows Walt doesn't give a fuck about the kid that Todd shot (happily whistling while making meth, minutes after saying how horrible he felt that the kid was dead). When (if) Jesse finds out about Jane, Brock or Mike, Walt is going to be dead to him.

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
Sebass said:
DugMachine said:
I'm intrigued as well ..
If anything I reckon he'll slip her the ricin cigarette, considering he kept the little packet and didn't dispose of it. Breaking Bad isn't the type of show to do something like that without it going anywhere

Edit: Quote-fail

Pinkamena

Jun 27, 2011
Seriously.
If they kill Saul Goodman in tonights episode, I am going to be SO FUCKING PISSED.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Well I feel a little bit of pride knowing that I didn't "just" get into the show. I've been watching since the first episode came out :p
Personally, I'm waiting for Walt and Skyla to divorce, or for Skyla to die.

Mike being killed? I could see it...I just didn't think it'd be so emotional. Walt getting emotional that is.
Jessie is I reckon is getting more and more stable, and is becoming Walt's polar opposite.