Breaking Bad discussion thread

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Pinkamena said:
Seriously.
If they kill Saul Goodman in tonights episode, I am going to be SO FUCKING PISSED.
This. Saul Goodman might be greedy but he is a good person and if he somehow dies because of Walters ego I'm gonna fucking lose it :mad:

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I think the cancer comes back. It would make for a nice inclusio.

As for what will happen? Fuck if I know. I can't predict anything in this show.

Mar 9, 2010
I've always hated Walt, he was a **** of a person at the start and a **** of a person at the end, he makes for a great character though and, at the same time, I love him, he's brilliant. I think Jesse will come back and replace Todd or become the new connections guy for Walt, he can't possibly call it an end now. Then he'll come to truly hate Walt and kill him while Hank is about to close in on him. Hank walks in on Jesse and pounds bullets into him shortly after the murder.

Hank and Mike are the only likeable characters on the show though, everyone else is an utter twat. I especially hate Walt's wife and son, they have no redeeming qualities.

TheJesus89

Aug 4, 2011
I bet they bring back Elliot and Gretchen tonight.

I mean they did give us more insight into Walter becoming a teacher a couple episodes ago, and something in my gut tells me that they will be coming back.

I just felt like that whole love triangle thing they set up in the first season was one of the few poorly done things in this series, and I kind of hope we get some resolution on that end. I mean they constantly did the flash backs with Walt and Gretchen together doing equations, and nothing ever came of it.

StylinBones

Mar 3, 2012
Pinkamena said:
DugMachine said:
Ah a SmashLovesTitanQuest appreciation thread well.. oh wait this isn't that? Nevermind.

Walter White is pretty much dead. Heisenburg is in full force and I can only see this ending badly for Walt. I too think Hank will be the one to kill Walt in the end but we have to wait a whole fucking year for the second half...
We have to wait a year for the second half of the season?!

Kakulukia said:
So I basically became Skyler.
Are you the most annoying woman in television history? No? Then you are not Skylar.
Skylar sucks but she's got nothing on Peggy Hill.

OT: Skylar is close to killing Walt and Hank is close to catching him. It's only a matter of time before one of those things happens. Jesse doesn't seem to care enough to kill Walt. He's learned that killing is not for him and he wouldn't do it again.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Considering the intro to this season, I'm thinking the new guy Todd will screw up somehow, causing Walter to need to go into hiding. As his cancer starts to come back, he needs to save Jessie from the DEA, who is the only person he still cares about. Walt buys a gun for a final shootout with the cops where Hank finally kills Walter.

I suppose the cartel could come back too and have the shootout have nothing to do with the cops, but I kinda doubt that.

Feb 22, 2009
Well, Walt's been pretty much pure evil since that little breakdown when he was looking for the money under the house. So I can't imagine there being any redemption for him at this point. And honestly, I'm not that torn up about Mike dying. He wasn't as bad as Walt, sure, but he was only somewhat likable, not actually admirable.

Predictions:
Skyler will kill herself and try to make it look like Walt did it.
Hank will be the one to actually find out what Walt has done in the end, and it will break him.
Jesse will go mad with guilt and end up back on the drugs, stewing in his guilt indefinitely.
Walt will not die, he will end up with a fully functional drug empire of his own, but no family or friends, or any kind of soul or purpose (this is already kind of being foreshadowed by the absolute loyalty of Todd (the guy who shot the kid, I think that's his name) since he's kind of the perfect employee but has absolutely no interesting features as a person - an empty shell like Walt's life).

What will not happen:
Any kind of happy ending for anyone.

And I will love it.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Dags90 said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Nah, Hank is gonna find out but he won't shoot him. That would make zero sense.

As for Skyler, theres been some foreshadowing involving strangling, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen on Sunday...
My guess would be Skyler killing Walt, and Hank helping cover it up for her. Hopefully Walt kills Marie before then though, everyone's been waiting for her to die horribly. Wonder if her blood will be purple.
People have been waiting for Marie to die?! I've been wishing with every new episode for Skylar to die, I really don'y have a problem with Marie

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Signa said:
Considering the intro to this season, I'm thinking the new guy Todd will screw up somehow, causing Walter to need to go into hiding. As his cancer starts to come back, he needs to save Jessie from the DEA, who is the only person he still cares about. Walt buys a gun for a final shootout with the cops where Hank finally kills Walter.
I really don't think Walt cares much about Jesse (or anyone) anymore, not enough to risk his life again anyway. Mostly he just has a weird obsession and probably enjoys the fact that he can manipulate him so easily.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
In Search of Username said:
Walt will not die, he will end up with a fully functional drug empire of his own, but no family or friends, or any kind of soul or purpose (this is already kind of being foreshadowed by the absolute loyalty of Todd (the guy who shot the kid, I think that's his name) since he's kind of the perfect employee but has absolutely no interesting features as a person - an empty shell like Walt's life).
Walt will never have an empire comparable to Gus IMO. His greed, pride, delusion and carelessness (shooting someone in a fit of rage is not something a cautious man does) guarantee that he's doomed to failure.

Feb 22, 2009
Cakes said:
Walt will never have an empire comparable to Gus IMO. His greed, pride, delusion and carelessness (shooting someone in a fit of rage is not something a cautious man does) guarantee that he's doomed to failure.
I dunno. Greed is necessary to some extent to run that kind of operation. His pride is what's stopping him giving up. His carelessness is also ruthlessness - he won't let anything get in the way of business any more. Honestly he just did a deal with what would have been his competition to get them in on the operation. I don't think he's in a bad position, honestly; if something's going to undo him it will be a personal/family thing, nothing to do with the business.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Cakes said:
Signa said:
I really don't think Walt cares much about Jesse (or anyone) anymore, not enough to risk his life again anyway. Mostly he just has a weird obsession and probably enjoys the fact that he can manipulate him so easily.
You're probably right, but throughout the show there's been a much stronger indicator that he thinks of Jessie as his son than just someone he enjoys manipulating. He relies on him too, and only in the most recent episodes has he indicated otherwise. I guess I see the show as a show that's really good at changing, but there always is something that facilitates that change. I don't know what that would have been for Walt to stop caring about Jessie.

I just get the feeling that Walt thinks he can't do it alone, and while he lost his family, Jessie has always been there for him. When Jessie balks at something, it's just a matter of convincing him that what Walt wants is best.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Hoooly shit. This season finale.

So... Hank finally found out. The end game has started.

Feb 22, 2009
I liked the finale.
Thought they could have put a bit more effort into the reuniting of the family, rather than just skipping ahead, but I suppose they can't make the episode last too long. Final moment was perfectly executed though, and one of my (and many others', I'm sure) predictions came true: Hank was the one to find out.

NOW FOR THE WAIT.
Fuck.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I liked the finale. Thought they could have put a bit more effort into the reuniting of the family, rather than just skipping ahead, but I suppose they can't make the episode last too long. Final moment was perfectly executed though, and one of my (and many others', I'm sure) predictions came true: Hank was the one to find out.

NOW FOR THE WAIT.
Fuck.
You should really spoiler that last part. Not everyone have seen the episode yet! Oh, and the backyard scene was fucking intense. I kept waiting for someone to come it and shoot everything up. Seeing a scene with the family reunited, happy, laughing was just so out of place.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Hollllly crap I knew as soon as hank picked up the book he'd make the connection. That's it man, shit is gonna go down! Granted he doesn't have much to go on because walt hasn't left a trail but I predict some illegal surveillance by hank in his off time... Somebody said something that got me thinking though, I don't think the inevitable shootout will be with the cops but more with those relatives of Tod's or maybe that new drug dealer guy (whatever happened to that guy anyways?!

I just can't wait another year :mad:((((

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Pinkamena said:
You should really spoiler that last part. Not everyone have seen the episode yet! Oh, and the backyard scene was fucking intense. I kept waiting for someone to come it and shoot everything up. Seeing a scene with the family reunited, happy, laughing was just so out of place.
Glad i'm not the only one who thought that. I was seriously on the edge of my seat just waiting for some people to come rushing in with guns and start shooting everyone.