British Tabloid Confuses Deus Ex Company For Real-World Firm

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Ed130 said:
Stabby Joe said:
I don't know anyone here that takes the Sun seriously. At best I've seen it as waiting room reading material. I really hope the original writer did this on purpose wondering if the editors/upper management would notice.
Calling it waiting room material is an insult to waiting room material.

Too bad David Sarif and his company don't exist, he's one of the few cyberpunk bosses who are actually decent human beings instead of the 'I WILL RULE THE WORLD!' arseholes who always try to double-cross you.
That would be Bob Page, I would say.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
It's literally as if someone just ripped it from google images, looked at the name, and slapped it into the article. I didn't know that The Sun were using lazy sixth form students to write their articles already. I know The Sun isn't a pillar of journalism, but fact-checking doesn't get more basic than this.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
It's unfortunate that we live in a world not inhabited by Sarif Industries. You could say we're...sans Sarif.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Stabby Joe said:
I don't know anyone here that takes the Sun seriously. At best I've seen it as waiting room reading material. I really hope the original writer did this on purpose wondering if the editors/upper management would notice.
My thoughts exactly.

I would hope that this is either a very misguided parody, otherwise I fear for the "journalistic integrity" that is in the Sun, or rather the lack thereof.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Cybernetic eyeball implants? Pssh, boring. When's The Sun gonna report on Aperture Fixtures's revolutionary work on interdimensional shower curtains and gel-based dietary aids?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
The only thing worse than The Sun, are the people who still read The Sun, as in, those who consider it a legitimate news source, not a point of hilarity.

Seriously, I feel dumber just by touching one.
It's well known that The Sun drains the intelligence of those who touches it... the question is, what happens to it? It's obviously not going to them.

OT: For years and years we have been telling people that The Sun is a stupid void where journalists seems to be sucked out of anything resembling intelligence. Then this shows up and proves incompetence like never before.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
As a general tip: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, the Times is read by people who actually do run the country, the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, the Financial Times is read by people who own the country, the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
from the same paper that published a picture of Commander Shepard under the heading "Google Glasses in action"
(Lets face it the only reason people still buy the Sun is for the page 3 girl)

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
This is priceless. It's even better than the time the BBC used the UNSC emblem from Halo when talking about the UN Security Council.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
ahhh. i love the sun. it's like they live in their own little world and can't see us laughing like maniacs at them behind their backs. i don't any other news paper could have made that mistake, hell. I think papers like the onion wouldn't even have made that blunder on purpose.

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
Angelous Wang said:
Ed130 said:
Too bad David Sarif and his company don't exist, he's one of the few cyberpunk bosses who are actually decent human beings instead of the 'I WILL RULE THE WORLD!' arseholes who always try to double-cross you.
Did you miss the part where he has the doctors cut off Adam's non-damaged limbs as well as the damaged ones (through a legal loophole) in order to have more of Adam's tissue to study? Probably unnecessarily replaced a few organs and such too.
Seriously, would I even be angry if I got the chance to have all those awesome implants? no fucking way.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
trty00 said:
ScrabbitRabbit said:
Nah, that's the Daily Mail. The Sun is more like if Playboy tried to pretend it was a newspaper.
Really? Huh, I thought the Daily Mail was supposed to be the more Liberal one (AKA Labor).

Sorry, I'm Canadian and I know next to nothing about British Journalism, only that The Sun is unbelievably stupid.
No, the Mail is very much the right-wing one. You might be thinking of the Daily Mirror, the only mainstream left-of-centre tabloid in this country.

And yes - the Mail is definitely the Fox News equivalent. The Sun is under no illusions about its own lowbrowness, but the Mail likes to think it's a serious newspaper addressing the genuine concerns of the nation, rather than a spitting ball of bilious hatred.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
putowtin said:
from the same paper that published a picture of Commander Shepard under the heading "Google Glasses in action"
SERIOUSLY? I need to see this. Where did you find it?

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Ohw news media, you so crazy with your barely researched 'stories'. At least it's a more entertaining read than the endless "Ylvis 'The Fox'" news stories we get in Norway these days... I swear not a single person cared about that song until it suddenly became popular in the US and becuase Americans like it it MUST be cool. My prefered news outlets can't seem to shut up about it X3.

Darklord008 said:
...Wow. That's just...I have no words.

Sucks that Sarif Industries doesn't exist though. Lord knows Detroit could use the industry.
Not only would Detroit get a much needed boost, but I'd finally be able to get some sunglasses I would never be able to forget on the bus!

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Well, this is ? awesome. I don't understand why tabloids exist, but if they keep making great references like this then I won't mind their existence.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
Looks like SOMEBODY had a last minute deadline to meet. Either than or it's The Sun. *checks* Oh whadaya know. It is;D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
FriesWithThat said:
This is priceless. It's even better than the time the BBC used the UNSC emblem from Halo when talking about the UN Security Council.
I remember seeing that on Cracked, along with this one news show reporting on the war in Syria with a picture of Damascus. From Assassin's Creed.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Nosirrah said:
putowtin said:
SERIOUSLY? I need to see this. Where did you find it?

The world just makes me laugh!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
saintdane05 said:
As a general tip: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, the Times is read by people who actually do run the country, the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, the Financial Times is read by people who own the country, the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
Yes Minister?

I really need to find that series again.