British Tabloid Confuses Deus Ex Company For Real-World Firm

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I... I just have no words for this. How could one possibly... I guess we'll soon be hearing about revolutionary breakthroughs in teleportation technology by Aperture Science? Or new anti-gravity possibilities from Black Mesa?

putowtin said:

The world just makes me laugh!
Wow. Outstanding. This is both painfully sad and downright hilarious.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Micalas said:
It's unfortunate that we live in a world not inhabited by Sarif Industries. You could say we're...sans Sarif.
Oy!

Ok, maybe I thought about making a very similar joke, or at least posting that Critical Miss, and maybe if you hadn't done it I would have, but you can't prove it.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
Yeah, but it feels awesome, to be honest. Do you know how good it feels knowing that you'll never be itchy again? There's always that one spot on your arms or legs that you can't reach because of clothing or you're out in public and you can't just start scratching like crazy. I fuckin' hated that shit. Not to mention sweaty armpits. Gone! And I never have to worry about forgetting my sunglasses.
Weeeell, I expected you in this topic :D

Anyway always wanted to ask about those sunglasses
Where do you retract lenses to?
Into skull?

UltraPic

Dec 5, 2011
CkretAznMan said:
Well, this is ? awesome. I don't understand why tabloids exist, but if they keep making great references like this then I won't mind their existence.
Back in the 80's it was more common to see stuff like this, people seem to forget that it's part of what tabloids are for (the most guilty being tabloids themselves).

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
I heard there's a new pharmaceutical company named Umbrella that's making great strides in medicinal progress and it's pretty popular in Racoon City, US. I hear it's particularly lovely this time of the year.
I dunno, I think Umbrella's kind of gone downhill ever since their merger with UAC. They need to adopt a better business strategy or they'll remain forever in Weyland-Yutani corporation's shadow.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Trust my home nation, the people in it, and everything down to the fucking newspaper I read to fuck something this simple up.

Besides, this country's main export is alcohol, fish, lard, cooking oil, lard in dough balls, lard in biscuits, and glorified orange juice. I don't think anyone actually wants to live here anymore.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Me55enger said:
I saw the headline, and paused before clicking on the article. I thought to myself only two words: "The Sun."

Bingo.
The onion would have also been a good guess.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
That's hugely more hilarious than this classic:

For the unaware, that's the BBC using the United Nations Space Command's logo instead of the United Nations Security Council's. The United Nations Space Command is of course the fictional military government that manages humanity's extrasolar colonies in the Halo series.

Has British journalism lost all capacity for accurate research?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well I for one owe the use of my right arm to Sarif Industries, so you can all stop joking about it. They do good work.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
This has to be a troll. No newspaper can be that stupid.

Oh, it's the sun, surprised there wasn't mammary glands somewhere on the image.

In all seriousness, this is rather stupid.