Brutal Legend soundtrack - what's missing?

ThatDudeThere

Feb 10, 2009
More of the Ultra-Heavy Beat. Only two songs from KMFDM and neither is Son of a Gun? Schafer, what the fuck man?

TheGabe

Sep 30, 2009
It seems to be mostly Heavy Metal.
KMFDM are Industrial, not metal, Cradle of Filth are shock-rock shite, and including them is inexcusable. You're right about Doom, and a bit of Drone would be nice.
Also there's no Goregrind.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
TheGabe said:
You're right about Doom, and a bit of Drone would be nice.
Also there's no Goregrind.
Yea, I could do with a little Cock and Ball Torture thrown in, maybe they could even find a creative way of sneaking in Sunn o)))

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Lack of Maiden is sad (No "Run to the Hills"? "The Trooper"? "Number of the Beast"?), and it's nice to see Painkiller and Electric Eye on the list, but...

Through the Fire and Flames?

Yes, I know it's a kick-ass song, but is it really the same kind of metal as the rest? All the rest of the songs on this soundtrack are kind of your blood-red, hell-forged, battle-scarred kind of metal, while Dragonforce just seems very Renaissance Fair, "Battle-Tested", mock-combat metal.

Ah well. Fire and Flames is a great song to kick ass to. No complaints with this soundtrack, really. JUST ADD MAIDEN!

P.S. oh, and Holiday in Cambodia. Yeah, it's punk and this is a metal game, but... nothing beats Holiday in Cambodia. It's just awesome.

P.P.S. by the way, no Tenacious D? Little surprising...

EDIT: Oops, my bad. There's Master Exploder and The Metal. Never mind.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
J-Alfred said:
P.S. oh, and Holiday in Cambodia. Yeah, it's punk and this is a metal game, but... nothing beats Holiday in Cambodia. It's just awesome.
what they need is a punk-rock video game where you run around and behead zombies with a killer mohawk, then load the soundtrack with DK, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Misfits, Cocksparrer, Sex Pistols, GBH, Ramones, that kind of shit. I would play the hell out of it.
edit: 600 posts! whoopdiedooo!

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
J-Alfred said:
what they need is a punk-rock video game where you run around and behead zombies with a killer mohawk, then load the soundtrack with DK, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Misfits, Cocksparrer, Sex Pistols, GBH, Ramones, that kind of shit. I would play the hell out of it.
edit: 600 posts! whoopdiedooo!
holy crap, that sounds awesome. especially if given to the right kind of person (like, for example, tim schafer). The health recovery items could be various drugs you inject into your eyeballs, your mohawk could be your main weapon, head-butting enemies to slice them in half, there could even be a BioShock feel where you run around liberating your sexually and musically open-minded 18 year old fangirls from their conservative, flabby, punk-is-evil Daddies. Think of the possibilities...

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
J-Alfred said:
holy crap, that sounds awesome. especially if given to the right kind of person (like, for example, tim schafer). The health recovery items could be various drugs you inject into your eyeballs, your mohawk could be your main weapon, head-butting enemies to slice them in half, there could even be a BioShock feel where you run around liberating your sexually and musically open-minded 18 year old fangirls from their conservative, flabby, punk-is-evil Daddies. Think of the possibilities...
i smell a great design document here :D

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
dopebreeze said:
Death to All But Metal - Steal Panther
YES YES YEEEEEESSSS

"I really like your message, you know - death to all butt metal"
"No baby, no, it's death to all! but metal!"
"Yea! Death to all butt metal!"

Abominus

Mar 4, 2009
well for the really challenging stuff, D.E.P. something like Sugar Coated Sour or The Running Board. or maybe 43% burnt since its probably the one everyone knows.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
No fucking Maiden?

The protagonist's name is a Maiden reference and no fucking Maiden??

Maybe Sanctuary were being assholes with the publishing.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Now I haven't read a lot of the other posts here, but from what I've encountered I'm one of the only fans of the film Heavy Metal here on the Escapist, so I nominate Sammy Hagar's title track to that movie "Heavy Metal"

Get your one way ticket to midnight... call it! Heavy Metal!

KingParappa

Apr 16, 2009
The Ultimate 2 said:
Only one Dethklok song, Damn but still DETHKLOK!!! FUCK YEAH MAN!!
It would be nice to have the instrumental to Dethharmonic by Dethklok as boss music

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
A metal game without Metallica is like a Football game with no Football. Metallica pretty much defined metal for an entire decade.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
KingParappa said:
The Ultimate 2 said:
Only one Dethklok song, Damn but still DETHKLOK!!! FUCK YEAH MAN!!
It would be nice to have the instrumental to Dethharmonic by Dethklok as boss music
Or maybe something better, If they picked the full song "Awaken" for a boss fight and we actualy had to fight Mustakrakish (The troll in the song). Or Bloodrocuted and we had to fight the Bloodrocutor.

Serperoth

Sep 9, 2009
It's missing Maiden, Power Metal (Seriously, we only get some Iced Earth and TTFATF. I'm SICK of TTFATF!). Power Metal in particular really fits the EPIC setting of the game. I want some Blind Guardian!:) They could do a bit more Motorhead, ESPECIALLY with Lemmy being part of the bloody CAST!

But most of all it's missing a PC release. Bloody bastards! Seriously, not all of us have a 360 or a PS3. I hereby petition for a PC release! Who's with me?