Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
The list kinda fails...

First no Iron Maiden. Really...they represent the cheesyness and the awesomeness of Metal at the same time!

Then no Iron Man from Black Sabbath...No DIO and not even Metallica. Tsk tsk tsk...

Instead we get Dragonforce...bah.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Kiutu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :p
What gamer are you that just something like that is a game killer? I mean, if it is majority of it (being a metal themed game) ok, but they have said how you can tailor it to what you want (within metal obviously)
Who said it was a game killer? I'll still probably buy it and play it, but I know I won't enjoy the parts where I'm forced to play songs by those "bands". Even though they can't be considered that.
Just because they like having fun, does nto make Tenacious D not a band. Dethklok is debatable, since its not like the characters are real. Besides, if any is not a band, its Dragonforce. Most of it is synthisized and pre-recorded. The other two do play real instruments.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Well it doesn't have any Dio so that lost it a couple points... But then they came out and rocked with the greatest band in the land: KISS which gave it a BAJILLION points (and that isn't even a number) so I am getting it.

Denmarkian

Feb 1, 2008
sturryz said:
Brnin8 said:
Monshroud said:
sturryz said:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!
I agree, maybe it was a license issue. I was a bit on the fence about this game, but seeing the track list makes me want to see how all this music is going to be intergrated into the game.
Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie
All the more reason the be mad, you can reference Iron Maiden but you can't include their music?

Atleast Black Sabbath and Judas Priest are there, not having them is unforgivable.

And WTF no Metallica? If you make a Metal Game, not having Master Of Puppets or Iron Man in it is a FAIL move.
Monshroud is most likely right, it's a licensing issue. There's a strong chance that the Publishing companies for your beloved Iron Maiden and Metallica were demanding too much money in licensing fees to have their music included in the game. Too bad for them, this game has been a guaranteed purchase for me since it was featured in Game Informer back in November 2007. I don't even own an Xbox 360 yet, and I'm still going to buy the damned game.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Kiutu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Kiutu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :p
What gamer are you that just something like that is a game killer? I mean, if it is majority of it (being a metal themed game) ok, but they have said how you can tailor it to what you want (within metal obviously)
Who said it was a game killer? I'll still probably buy it and play it, but I know I won't enjoy the parts where I'm forced to play songs by those "bands". Even though they can't be considered that.
Just because they like having fun, does nto make Tenacious D not a band. Dethklok is debatable, since its not like the characters are real. Besides, if any is not a band, its Dragonforce. Most of it is synthisized and pre-recorded. The other two do play real instruments.
On the Tenacious D topic, they don't have fun. They make songs that are full of toilet jokes and genitalia jokes. And yes, Dethklok is characters, but the tv show is just annoying. Dethklok takes what is good about metal, and then makes it bad. And yes, Dragonforce is not a band, I'll agree with that, but I'd rather listen to them other Dethklok and Tenacious D.
I dont think you are gonna like the game, since you seem to take it too seriously.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Kiutu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Kiutu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
On the Tenacious D topic, they don't have fun. They make songs that are full of toilet jokes and genitalia jokes. And yes, Dethklok is characters, but the tv show is just annoying. Dethklok takes what is good about metal, and then makes it bad. And yes, Dragonforce is not a band, I'll agree with that, but I'd rather listen to them other Dethklok and Tenacious D.
Not the songs they are using, those two are genuinely awesome, the songs being Master Exploder, and The Metal. Also, they are bands they just aren't your kind of bands. Was Shakespear not a playwrite, because he did not write poetry?

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
When i saw that they Soundtrack was announced,i expected shit like Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine and Underoath.

But no.

They have MIRRORTHRONE and EMPEROR.

Finally a game that is aimed at people like ME.

Arrakiv

Dec 17, 2005
Even some Dark Tranquility, eh?

The metalhead that still resides within me is filled with glee. Well, not quite glee. That isn't very metal.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I was going to get this game from the very beginning...

Now that I've seen the soundtrack, I'm going to have to camp outside GameStop on October 12th...

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Dethklok?! This might be the most awesome soundtrack ever.

THUNDERHORSE!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i still think it's funny that everyone is complaining about lack of Maiden and such when they've included KMFDM in the set list, they aren't even a metal band and never have been nor would never be classified as one, they are an industrial band

cool set list tho