Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I'm not a heavy metal fan yet I'm still seriously considering ppurchasing this game because a) it's actually something quite new and b) Tim and c) I thought physconauts should have done better so to help make up for it I'll buy this game.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
sturryz said:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!
My thoughts exactly good sir.

But seriously is Trooper not epic enough?

Beside the severe and unforgivable lackage of Maiden the sound track is still quite 'Metal' and my anticipation for Brutal Legend is even greater.

(Edit)

HardRockSamurai said:
on October 12th...
I'm sorry, you must be mistaken for [HEADING=1]ROCKTOBER 12TH[/HEADING]

;P

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Oh nice, Iced Earth is on the soundtrack. This is really looking good.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
sturryz said:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!
Was going to say the same thing. This is an EPIC overlook. Anyway, I won't complain, the list is still awesome. Dark Tranquillity, Dimmu Borgir and In Flames make up for the lack of Maiden. Up The Irons!!!

However, this could mean they are saving Eddie for a bossfight in the sequel. Awww yea!

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
cleverlymadeup said:
i still think it's funny that everyone is complaining about lack of Maiden and such when they've included KMFDM in the set list, they aren't even a metal band and never have been nor would never be classified as one, they are an industrial band

cool set list tho
Well, the inclusion of a band that was spawned of metal is nothing to complain about. However, the lack of the grand-daddies of melodic metal is definitely winge-worthy.

[Gavo said:
]Dethklok?! This might be the most awesome soundtrack ever.

THUNDERHORSE!
Thunderhorse is awesome, but I prefer the Fansong and Detharmonic. The Dethalbum was my first purchase on iTunes ever btw. :)

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
i wouldn't say this'll melt my face off. i was fully prepared to be really disappointed but it actually doesn't look too bad. not face melting though!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Oh my God, they have In Flames, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce, Ministry, and Manson. I must have it!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Joos said:
cleverlymadeup said:
i still think it's funny that everyone is complaining about lack of Maiden and such when they've included KMFDM in the set list, they aren't even a metal band and never have been nor would never be classified as one, they are an industrial band

cool set list tho
Well, the inclusion of a band that was spawned of metal is nothing to complain about. However, the lack of the grand-daddies of melodic metal is definitely winge-worthy.
ummm they weren't born of metal, most of their first few albums were totally synth based albums. it wasn't until the Naive/Money era they really started to use guitar samples with Godlike being the most notable as it used the hook from Angel of Death by Slayer

i've been a fan of Captain K and krew for a long time and i actually own the original orange covered Naive album

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
cleverlymadeup said:
Joos said:
cleverlymadeup said:

cool set list tho
ummm they weren't born of metal, most of their first few albums were totally synth based albums. it wasn't until the Naive/Money era they really started to use guitar samples with Godlike being the most notable as it used the hook from Angel of Death by Slayer

i've been a fan of Captain K and krew for a long time and I actually own the original orange covered Naive album
Hmm, maybe I chose my words wrongly. Probably should be 'inspired by'.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Amazing setlist, will be rocking out to most of these come rocktober, will probably mute some like dragonforce, but the said deathklok song in it is actually fairly decent, and they have loads of 'underground' metal bands in there aswell which more than make up for one or two bad apples. You can usually takes songs you don't like out of the playlist anyway so I don't see what the big deal is.

As for songs they didn't include, well the only thing i know for certain is that whenever the game feels epic enough I am switching it to the music on my hard drive and playing fear of the dark by maiden, just because that song would be absolutely perfect for the game. I honestly can't see how any metalhead cannot like this sound track, it is almost perfect. Sure it could do with some more death metal and iron maiden, but it was never going to be perfect for everyone anyway.