Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Dethklok and Tenacious D!!!! GET OUTTA MY HEAD, MAN! I will buy your game just quit reading my mind!

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Although I normally hate Metal [small](raises flame shield)[/small], this game looks awesome enoguh to get me interested. And considering my extremely rigid taste in music, that's saying a hell of a lot.

Kedimay

Aug 16, 2009
Okay, well first of all I'm absolutely gutted to see Dragonforce stuck on this game.
Hopefully you can turn off the songs you hate...
But anyway.
Iron Maiden was a problem with licensing, and I guess the whole 'No Metallica' thing is due to the recent release of GH: Metallica - which should leave most of the Metallica fans to a very full appetite of Metallica on the console right now - considering there was hardly any non-Metallica songs on that game.

And I guess this game will be awesome - great line-up, a brilliant soundtrack.
AND the combat doesn't look too bad, I was a big fan of the Viking game and the combat seems similar so I should like this game.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I don't know, I am opposed to games that use their soundtrack as a selling point. Noone will play a game for 40-50 hours just because it has some good songs in it. On the other hand, Tim Schafer is a very talented writer. But he sucks at making non-adventure games. Bad. I'll wait for reviews before I consider this.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Oh
Sweet
Jesus I want this game so badly now
Shame there isn't going to feature The Devil Went Down to Georgia

mirdza said:
No Death? Damn. Well, at least there's Carcass and Emperor.
Not OT but welcome to The Escapist where out water is clean and our women are pure
Enjoy your stay and please read the forum guidelines

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.116827

and a few other articles you may want to read to improve your posting quality

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php

and also

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.112832

:)

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
Aw yes. Was allready sold on the gameplay but now the audio im seeing makes me even more excited!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
This is brilliant ,anyways anyone know what happend with the court case? i knows it`s been resolved just don`t know what happend

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
I don't see why people are looking down on the D-Force all of a sudden. They just went kinda mainstream, that's all. Speaking as a DragonForce fan who listened to the band well before they signed on in Guitar Hero III. You don't listen for the lyrics, you listen for the guitar work. Everything else is extra.

But on topic, I will be trying this out. Three Inches of Blood is an amazing band, and I very much do want to hear Deadly Sinners.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
My internets crashed when I opened this thread. Im taking this as a sign not to look at the list. I be scared!

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
sean.2k9 said:
they don't have metallica or iron maiden, what the fuck
Quit complaining about who's not in the game, there's thousands of bands not included. Just rock out to the ones that are there and maybe you'll find something new you like.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Not only am I surprised at the content of this list, but I am also very pleased.

No Metallica or Iron Maiden? Great, in my book. Let some other bands shine in a metal game for once.

It's awesome seeing bands such as Emperor and Dark Tranquility on this list.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :p
So for 3 songs you might not enjoy this game?

EDIT: Unless you were sarcastic...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I stopped listening to most of those bands for a while now, but for some reason I just know that I'll love it all when I hear them while slaughtering baddies with an axe and guitar solo's, all in perfectly crafted metal fantasy world. Yes, even the horror that is Dragonforce. It would all just...fit. Awful that I had to scrap this game from my buy-at-launch list, I just can't skip Uncharted 2 *a tear forms* I'm sorry Mister Black...