Bulletstorm Dev Honors Yahtzee With Priceless Gift

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
teebeeohh said:
i still think he is gonna rip bulletstorm a new one for riding the "omgthisgameissofunandfullofgore"-train. still very awesome
That sounds unlike Yahtzee. He's never been one to rip on a game for having extreme gore (the closest he came to this was in his Madworld review and he only mentioned the ridiculous amount of gore to take a stab at censorship) and being popular. Modern Warfare 1 was insanely popular and Yahtzee liked that one a lot. If he can forgive Painkiller's mistakes I wager he can forgive Bulletstorm's.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Korey Von Doom said:
Which will make it all the more funny when he gives it a bad review, you know, because it's boring as hell
Because, you know, Yahtzee is sure to have the same opinion as you.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Which will make it all the more funny when he gives it a bad review, you know, because it's boring as hell

I just base this on having watched the tutorial video and then trying to do the things in it and most of it not even work.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:

I just base this on having watched the tutorial video and then trying to do the things in it and most of it not even work.
If you mean you're in the earlier stages of the game then you need to be patient. The weapons, charge shots and the leash's "Thumper" need to be bought with skill points and as they become more expensive you'll probably get better at high level skill-kills so affording them shouldn't be so hard. You should get the first charge shot fairly soon and once you beat the game you can use the full arsenal in earlier levels (I think. I've beat the game but haven't tried Echoes just yet). If you mean you're having trouble pulling off certain skill-kills practice using it in earlier part of the game to get the hang of it in a less frantic environment or try doing it differently.

Either way the point of my earlier comment wasn't to argue the quality of the game, it was to point out that until Yahtzee reviews the game then assuming he'll hate it is getting WAY ahead of yourself.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:

If you mean you're in the earlier stages of the game then you need to be patient. The weapons, charge shots and the leash's "Thumper" need to be bought with skill points and as they become more expensive you'll probably get better at high level skill-kills so affording them shouldn't be so hard. You should get the first charge shot fairly soon and once you beat the game you can use the full arsenal in earlier levels (I think. I've beat the game but haven't tried Echoes just yet). If you mean you're having trouble pulling off certain skill-kills practice using it in earlier part of the game to get the hang of it in a less frantic environment or try doing it differently.

Either way the point of my earlier comment wasn't to argue the quality of the game, it was to point out that until Yahtzee reviews the game then assuming he'll hate it is getting WAY ahead of yourself.

You make a good point, but it wouldn't even let me shoot a guy in the testicles then kick him in the face as he slumped over, or is that an upgrade haha

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
"I wish I could thought up something like that, 'It shoots Shurikuns and Lightning!' it could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on FIRE!"

God that's awesome I'm picking up this game.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:

You make a good point, but it wouldn't even let me shoot a guy in the testicles then kick him in the face as he slumped over, or is that an upgrade haha
Are you playing the full game or the demo (I ask because for whatever reason I could never pull it off in the demo)? If you're playing the full game it's possible but tricky to pull off and as the game goes on you'll soon ditch it in favour of kills that are easier, cooler and/or have bigger pay-offs (like shooting a drill into a large crowd of guys to get multiple skill-kills).

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:

Are you playing the full game or the demo (I ask because for whatever reason I could never pull it off in the demo)? If you're playing the full game it's possible but tricky to pull off and as the game goes on you'll soon ditch it in favour of kills that are easier, cooler and/or have bigger pay-offs (like shooting a drill into a large crowd of guys to get multiple skill-kills).
This was in the demo, the demo didn't impress me enough to deem the game worth the money

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:

This was in the demo, the demo didn't impress me enough to deem the game worth the money
So your judging the game as a whole based on the demo? I can understand not buying the game if the demo doesn't impress you but please don't judge the game unless you've actually played the full game.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
can anyone tell me what level you unlock this in bulletstorm? just so i know what i'm aiming for?

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:
Jumpingbean3 said:
Korey Von Doom said:

So your judging the game as a whole based on the demo? I can understand not buying the game if the demo doesn't impress you but please don't judge the game unless you've actually played the full game.
well put good sir.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
They should put the that shoots shurikens and lightning. Plus the tits and fire, then I would so but it xD

Fenrir Strife

Nov 1, 2010
Consider this a message from the future, a quote from his next video:

"Oh Yahtzee you Herculean exemplar arent you going to comment on the fiery tits they put in just for you? Why yes I am you mindless bovine. Such blatant pandering apppeals to me but wont spare you from my wrath."

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
And yet yathzee didn't even mention this little nod to him once. Which is a shame given that I think he likes that developers are known for watching his shows and reacting accordingly.