Bulletstorm Dev Honors Yahtzee With Priceless Gift

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Rabid Toilet said:
AgentBJ09 said:
Susan Arendt said:
...in which he theorizes that the only way the gun that shoots shurikens and lightning could be more awesome was "if it had tits and was on fire" increased Amazon sales of the game by a staggering 7403 percent. (Nope, not a typo.)
Ha ha ha. Awesome. Even more reasons to buy this game.

Although, People Can Fly missed one linguistic bit on that: Yahtzee said the gun should be on fire, not the logo of the breasts painted on it. Still, nice nod and funny to boot.
I would imagine they didn't put them on the gun itself because there is no way to add tits to a gun without it looking like a penis.

The fire would have been cool, though.
Also very taxing on the Graphics card. Fire constantly on the screen and all. But the tits would cost a pretty penny to model and make the jiggly physics.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Thats great I hope he's pleased, not everyone can get game developers to put flaming tits on guns haha.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That's damn awesome. Don't have anything else to say...
Though i suppose Yahtzee would have preferred real flames and tits.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
Deltroid said:
Oh god, this is brilliant. Truly Yahtzee's influence can be only be measured by hilariously awesome gestures like that.

They should have taken it further, and have a hot chick with her clothes on fire, at some point during the game hand you a weapon similar to that in Painkiller. With that paint tag on the gun.
Honestly, I would have expected Yahtzee to be referenced in one of the skill-shots. Well, maybe one of the hidden skills-shots is called "Fiery Tits".

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Just Wanna Say.

I. FUCKING. CALLED. IT!!!

every time I have commented on a bulletstorm Article I said that I expected an easter egg like this and viola. I am clairvoyant!

X_Kill

Apr 6, 2010
This is ....Well I am lost for words...Perhas the only thing one could say is Divine the Develobers and the critics togeather at last. But seriously I am happy for Zahtzee It's good that he finally gets some real credit from the game creation community outside the Escapist.

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
Isaac The Grape said:
Paksenarrion said:
Isaac The Grape said:
Paksenarrion said:
Isaac The Grape said:
This thread could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire.
Hmm...I sure hope there isn't an ice cream round!
Does the ice cream have tits and is on fire?
It's mostly just lightning.
Chocolate lighting?
Nope, just lightning.
Folks don't get The Simpsons anymore.

It's preddy sad.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That's awesome! Too bad they didn't bring back the actual gun as well and hide it in a secret place in every level, it's a superweapon with special killbonuses and they could actually give it tits and light it on fire. Or it could be the last unlockable for when you've 100%ed it and done some pretty awesome killing.
They do owe him, and this is a really nice gesture. Can't wait for Yahtzee's opinion on this, and am looking even more forward to his review of bulletstorm, and I was already pretty excited. This and DNF have the possibility to be his best reviews ever!!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Eri said:
If only my girlfriend had fiery tits...
I'm not sure that's going to work how you think it will. I mean good luck and all.

OT: This is actually so cool, its amazing the impact Yahtzee actually has. Fingers crossed he doesn't abuse it. It was cool when he had a go at all those who post "FIRST" all the time in his latest extra punctuation which was nice.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
Awesome. First there was that bit with Prototype and Infamous. Now this. Clearly Yahtzee should be the law from now on.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Anchupom said:
thaluikhain said:
Flaming breasts don't really seem that appealing to me, but then again, maybe cannabalism is more of a Queensland thing.
Actually, it's a British thing.
Yum yum, flame grilled BREAST (stake)
Or Yorkshire style Tits Pie, but tits & chips are my favorite.
Thanks, now I'm hungry.

Rabid Toilet said:
AgentBJ09 said:
Susan Arendt said:
...in which he theorizes that the only way the gun that shoots shurikens and lightning could be more awesome was "if it had tits and was on fire" increased Amazon sales of the game by a staggering 7403 percent. (Nope, not a typo.)
Ha ha ha. Awesome. Even more reasons to buy this game.

Although, People Can Fly missed one linguistic bit on that: Yahtzee said the gun should be on fire, not the logo of the breasts painted on it. Still, nice nod and funny to boot.
I would imagine they didn't put them on the gun itself because there is no way to add tits to a gun without it looking like a penis.

The fire would have been cool, though.
I've never seen a gun that didn't resemble a penis in even a vague way... tits or no tits.
All the bullets always look like dicks too. It's a part of the "Bigger Dick Foreign Policy" George Carlin did an act about that.
It's in the second half of this vid:

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
I know I bought Amnesia after Yahtzee's review of it. If it weren't for Yahtzee I'd never have even heard of it. I'd be curious to see how their sales were affected by his review as well.