Bungie Might Make Another Halo Someday

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I enjoyed the first Halo (iffy about the others) but Bungie really need to break away and do something different. Like for a long, long time.

It'd be nice to see if they actually have talent anymore or if they're just living of the diminishing hype of a series which began well and fell sharply.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Well, when Bungie comes back two years after the release of Reach and announces that they're making another Halo title, I will leave this one nugget for you all:

Told you so! :D

Chris Sharka

Feb 15, 2010
Really I'd like to see Bungie make games about some of the other Spartan projects. Spartan-III [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-III_Program]'s for example.

I'd like a stealthy, teamwork based campaign with equally stealthy, teamwork based multiplayer. They'd need a new engine, or to revamp the current one, but I'd like to see it done in something other than the Splinter Cell series.

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
I'm sorry but are we really calling this news.....

"Overweight man walks away from buffet with full plate, may return for another slice of pie"

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Outlaw Torn said:
The cash-cow alarm is ringing. I imagine they will soon be spamming up the games market with Guitar Hero Halo, Master Chief Racing, Halo Poker and maybe even Tiger Woods PGA Halo 2011-eternity.
Oddly enough, this sounds exactly like what Nintendo has done with their Mario Franchise.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Outlaw Torn said:
The cash-cow alarm is ringing. I imagine they will soon be spamming up the games market with Guitar Hero Halo, Master Chief Racing, Halo Poker and maybe even Tiger Woods PGA Halo 2011-eternity.
You forgot Mario Halo Party!

OT: I don't think I've ever played any other game by Bungie other than Halo, so it would be nice to see if they're able to pull off something different, like puzzles or racing, instead of just rootin'-tootin' shootin' games.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
so when they say no more halo they mean another one is on its way after 3 years. after taking its longest hiatus! XD (wait till Microsoft wave that giant money carrot infront of them like they did with ODST)

yeh they best work on something else less they want to be remembered as a one trick pony.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
I really hope they decide to make other games. After so long of knowing them for only Halo, I believe they should make games in other areas so that we know Bungie wasn't a one trick pony.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
JeanLuc761 said:
Truth be told, I hope they do take a break and explore some other concepts. I enjoyed the main Halo trilogy but I'm really getting the feeling that the series has reached its limit, at least for now.
Agreed, but tell that to Microsoft, who plan to continue making Halo games anyways.