Bungie: ODST Is Really The End of Halo 3

May 7, 2008
they say this but microsoft will ***** at them or another company to make another project

i'll believe this when i see it..

keep hearing about hideo saying no more metal gear..then oh! metal gear

capcom with devil may cry..

these companies want to make new fresher games fucking let them.i feel sorry for hideo though =[ (death threats from fans)

xRiFx Raven

Mar 28, 2009
Bungie might stop making Halo, but Halo will not stop being made.

Peter Jackson is already making Halo chronicles, Because we all know the "Movie" Failed Finacially

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
You can't say Halo is a bad game. It's average. However, it's sad to see an undeniably talented studio like Bungie get sick of it.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
xRiFx Raven said:
Peter Jackson is already making Halo chronicles, Because we all know the "Movie" Failed Finacially
Something that received little to no investment cannot fail financially. All they ever made was a first draft script and a few props, and the props were used in Halo: Landfall anyway.

Anyway, what the spokesperson probably meant to say that they're planning to work on Halo 3 two years after its release, in other words until the upcoming Autumn season.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
sorry user name taken. said:
they say this but microsoft will ***** at them or another company to make another project

i'll believe this when i see it..
Former Bungie content lead Frank O'Connor didn't go when the studio went independent; he stayed with Microsoft, and appears to be helming the Halo IP desk for them. There are also some very strong rumours that an internal MGS team called "Spawnpoint Studios" is in the works.

Meanwhile the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (via the 8bitjoystick blog, so dunno if it's from their news floor) has an interview with Bungie's audio lead Marty O'Donnell saying that Bungie is working on their own "Halo Killer" as their next title and that it has nothing to do with Halo at all. (Then again, the interview also says that the Pimps at Sea soundtrack will include tracks from the "Shaft" soundtrack and Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", so take it for what you will.)

It's not certain, but from my read of the tea leaves I suspect that any further Halo content would come from MGS itself.

-- Steve

PS: I'm not entirely comfortable with the word "lying" in the news item; what happened is that a developer's comment was ambiguous, and some excitable folks decided to interpret it as a promise of atomic-powered space-ponies instead of considering maybe that Bungie wasn't suddenly announcing a complete about-face on their repeated statements that ODST was the end of the line.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
bjj hero said:
Theyll keep making halo as long as people keep buying it.
Did Halo Wars do good? - or is "Halo FPS" what people will keep buying?
Halo wars is average at best. Its RTS "lite". Ive posted on another thread about it.

The test for a good RTS is can you win by building the max amount of any single given unit and attacking the enemy base? In Halo wars you can with infantry/tanks/hogs etc. Kind of takes the strategy out of RTS.

Consoles are poor at RTS anyway without a mouse and keyboard. The only one Ive like (and play a lot) is endwar. Endwar is almost like an RPG on line with a Risk style map and units gettign better if they survive. You really get attatched to your veteran units. It cuts to the core when one gets killed. Its floored but I love it.

And you cant spam units.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
I'm confused. I thought there were 6 maps in the works, even though only 3 were released in the Halo Wars: Limited Collector's Edition thingy.

Either there will be another DLC of 3. Or, better yet we will see "Cottonballs" or whatever it was called included in a 6-pack Mythic on the 9th.

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
Wow. No more map packs or future installments? I guess it's a bit selfish of the consumer to expect a developer to continue a franchise to infinity. Oh well. It's been fun while it's lasted, but I think this is the beginning if the end for the franchise. I guess Bungie is tired of making it's billions and wants to sit back and enjoy it for the next decade or so.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
bjj hero said:
The test for a good RTS is can you win by building the max amount of any single given unit and attacking the enemy base? In Halo wars you can with infantry/tanks/hogs etc. Kind of takes the strategy out of RTS.
You can do that in any RTS if you have a terrible opponent. Does Zerg Rush take the strategy out of StarCraft? (PS the answer is "no")

Uncompetative said:
I'm confused. I thought there were 6 maps in the works, even though only 3 were released in the Halo Wars: Limited Collector's Edition thingy.

Either there will be another DLC of 3. Or, better yet we will see "Cottonballs" or whatever it was called included in a 6-pack Mythic on the 9th.
The Mythic maps are divided into two parts. Longshore, Heretic, and Citadel will come out with ODST.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
Booze Zombie said:
I didn't even know Halo existed until 3 came out, that's why I find it a forgettable and lack-luster experience.
Your logical fallacy is both amusing and baffling.

It leads me to believe you don't know what you've just said, what you've said is that you didn't care for a game because prior to it's release you had no knowledge of the series.
What he's saying I think is more that Halo 3 wasn't really a good game and if it had been something other than Halo 3, like Shoot the squeeky aliens or something unrelated to an established series and community it wouldn't have been bought in any significant numbers and would have received much poorer reviews.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Keane Ng said:
"The future of Halo 3 online will become more and more defined by the people who play it."
Little Big Halo?

I'm glad that they'll quit while they're on top. Well actually I think they might have missed the "top" slightly, but I like Halo, and I don't want to see it get squeezed like Star Wars.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
bjj hero said:
You can do that in any RTS if you have a terrible opponent. Does Zerg Rush take the strategy out of StarCraft? (PS the answer is "no")

Uncompetative said:

The Mythic maps are divided into two parts. Longshore, Heretic, and Citadel will come out with ODST.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't mind buying ODST. I just didn't want Halo Wars on the strength of the demo.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Played the first part. It was a repetetive, very average shooter at most. Which is why I didn't care about the sequels and don't care about this news now, either. ^^

Slug Nut

Feb 11, 2009
Thank goodness, the first was a great game for its time, the 2nd one was better but I didn't have as much fun with it as I did with the first. By the time 3 came out and I tried it I was bored out of my skull by the time I played it for an hour. Halo just isn't fun anymore, at least not to me, and by killing it off now they won't have to worry about something I like to call "Sonic syndrome" in which a series is milked so hard that it destroys it. I'm hoping they can make something new and better in the next few years. Looking forward to it.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I would love it if they continued with the Halo universe, but made no more "Halo" games. Expand on the covenant, play as grunts, jackals, hunters even!