Bungie Reveals Halo: Reach Beta Details

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
mspencer82 said:
I'm not big on multiplayer, I only play with friends on rare occasions, but I'll be checking out the beta to see how the armor abilities are implemented. Hopefully it's similar to the way they work (or reportedly work) in single player: only one armor ability can be equipped at a time and they have a limited use before they need to recharge. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for already good players getting even more of an advantage.

The DSM said:
Never really was intrested in it to be honest.

Also I dont want to have to buy a not very good game (ODST) to play it.
And yet you were interested enough to click on the thread to make that comment. Wow, someone who doesn't like Halo. Never seen that before; and commenting in a Halo thread at that! Aren't you just a special and unique snowflake? This is noteworthy, seriously; I can think of few things more worthy of note.

Hey everybody! The DSM doesn't like Halo!

Tell you what, I'll post that in every Halo thread from now on just to save you some typing while still getting your very important message out there.
Wow, you're touchy even for a fanboy aren't ya.

Symplify

Jun 13, 2009
Well, as someone who has played the series since before it was cool (haha) I'm pretty interested to see how they cap it all off.

Also...

mspencer82 said:
I'm not big on multiplayer, I only play with friends on rare occasions, but I'll be checking out the beta to see how the armor abilities are implemented. Hopefully it's similar to the way they work (or reportedly work) in single player: only one armor ability can be equipped at a time and they have a limited use before they need to recharge. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for already good players getting even more of an advantage.

The DSM said:

And yet you were interested enough to click on the thread to make that comment. Wow, someone who doesn't like Halo. Never seen that before; and commenting in a Halo thread at that! Aren't you just a special and unique snowflake? This is noteworthy, seriously; I can think of few things more worthy of note.

Tell you what, I'll post that in every Halo thread from now on just to save you some typing while still getting your very important message out there.
...that was some of the most unwarranted venom I've ever seen ;)

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Symplify said:
Well, as someone who has played the series since before it was cool (haha) I'm pretty interested to see how they cap it all off.

Also...

mspencer82 said:

The DSM said:

...that was some of the most unwarranted venom I've ever seen ;)
Now finish him!

Anyways, Reach looks pretty badass, and a great to cap off one of the best (opinion) and most influential (fact) series in gaming history.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
mspencer82 said:
Curtmiester said:
That was probably the most uncalled for hate I've ever seen. I don't even see how he deserved that. His opinion is valid and it was hardly calling for any hate.
He came into a thread about Halo: Reach to say he's not interested in Halo: Reach, how does that make sense? He was trolling.

And that wasn't hate, that was mockery. Mockery that I do out of love.
I don't believe you can call that trolling. It's just a different thought on a subject. Just because it's not positive doesn't mean it's trolling. Just because it's different doesn't mean it needs to be flamed or "mocked" or whatever you want to call it.

And I seriously doubt some one who as been on this site as long as him and has as many posts as him would honestly be here just to troll a few Halo threads.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Curtmiester said:
mspencer82 said:
Curtmiester said:
That was probably the most uncalled for hate I've ever seen. I don't even see how he deserved that. His opinion is valid and it was hardly calling for any hate.
He came into a thread about Halo: Reach to say he's not interested in Halo: Reach, how does that make sense? He was trolling.

And that wasn't hate, that was mockery. Mockery that I do out of love.
I don't believe you can call that trolling. It's just a different thought on a subject. Just because it's not positive doesn't mean it's trolling. Just because it's different doesn't mean it needs to be flamed or "mocked" or whatever you want to call it.

And I seriously doubt some one who as been on this site as long as him and has as many posts as him would honestly be here just to troll a few Halo threads.
True, but then again, a high post count does not make your opinion worth more, in the same thread that a high post count does not make your penis longer.

I've been wondering about how the Beta would work for some time now, looking forward to be a part of it.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
(Sorry, messed up on quote!!!)
O no, I'm not saying his opinion is worth more. Just that trolls hardly ever make it past 100 posts before being banned, let alone 1000.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I'm certainly looking forward to playing the single player at least. Not a huge fan really, but I've played the others making me a little obligated to play this too. And for the best it seems, because it looks like this one might be a little more serious.

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
minxamo said:
happysock said:
Stubee said:
I really dont like the idea of a perks system in a Halo game.

Plus does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened to the Chief at the end of Halo 3?
No it's just the last Bungie Halo game, I think someone else is taking the reins after Bungie is gone, I think it was gearbox, but I'm not 100% on that.
343 studios are taking over, owned by microsoft, which pretty much means theres no chance of halo ever going to ps3 =/
There you have it! I thought I wasn't right, although I'm personally not fussed by the whole PS3 thing.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Great, there's gonna be reusable active camo. Every rabid, racist 8 year old with Xbox Live and an unexplainable hate for all humanity will be using that. Way to play to the crowd, Bungie.
Stubee said:
I really dont like the idea of a perks system in a Halo game.

Plus does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened to the Chief at the end of Halo 3?
My opinion is that the Halo series is a precursor to the Marathon series, and the planet at the end of Halo 3 is the planet from Marathon 1.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
mspencer82 said:

The DSM said:

Edit: For those lacking a sense of humor, this message was all in good fun and I harbor no ill-will toward The DSM. I was just poking fun at him for posting at him for posting in a thread about a game he claims to not be interested in and taking a friendly jab at all of the Halo critics who are so vocal about their opinions.

Lighten up.
I think you're funny... [small]Just putting it out there :,([/small]

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Personally, I'm not that interested in Halo Reach, and I liked the other Halo games (with the RTS as an exception.)

Still, it's got a while to hook my interest. If nothing else, it might grab me if it turns out to be an expanded version of some of the ideas present in ODST.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
My predictions:

The game will suck large animal testicles and Bungie will make a new Halo game to try and hit the jackpot again.

The game will copy the Modern Warfare series and in turn be awesome and Bungie will make a new Halo game to feed off of the newfound hope for the Halo series.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
mspencer82 said:
DarkSaber said:
Wow, you're touchy even for a fanboy aren't ya.
I'm not a fanboy of anything, I could take Halo or leave it. I just get irked when someone adds absolutely nothing to a conversation and only posts for the sake of posting.
you mean like you did when you saw his post?

really did you have to leave such a hate message...or could you just have left it

OT: hmmmm while im not a halo fan, personally i think its a wee bit overhyped (though then again everything is theese days) i will be intrested to see about this new armour type stuff, and also to see if they are brave enough to ever try anything different

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
The only thing I don't like about Halo: Reach is that Bungie is still constricted to keeping the story canon between Halo: Reach and the first Halo.

I think that they should have shown what happened to the Master Chief after you see him floating in space at the end of Halo 3.