Bungie's Words of Destiny

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
klaynexas3 said:
Quellist said:
If it plays anything like Fallout 3 i'll embrace it, i'm worried it will play more like Halo, which is all very well but not enough by far.
That's fair enough. I'd even be fine with the base gameplay not changing as much, but at least fleshing it out to tell a more in depth story. Halo had the story down, and it was cool, but so much was under the surface that the games barely even touched on what was actually going on. Most things just kind of popped out of nowhere and didn't really mean anything at first because you had no idea what they were talking about. However, they did get better as the game progressed, so it is my hopes that their writers are simply just better all around here.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. That world looks incredible, fascinating....and i want to have leisure to explore it, to learn its secrets and wonders....not to be sent on linear missions or follow an equally linear plot. I dont want expository dialog and snippets of background hidden away as easter eggs, i want to be able to interact with that world and its inhabitents.

Admittedly if anyone post-bioware can do it its Bungie, but ive seen so many promising games disappoint lately i almost dont dare hope

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
NLS said:
fnartilter said:
Did anyone else see that massive orb, and immediately think about how that would negatively affect the Earth's gravity and orbit?

If those were in game shots it's going to be purdy.
My first though was "Really, building a city underneath THAT thing? Isn't it going to be very shadowy, and what if it ever drops to the ground?" Sure you're probably fucked on all grounds once that thing eventually hits the surface, but I'd still not feel safe building a city underneath it.
Well it's probably the only thing protecting them from a ship to ground mulch fest, why else would the enemy simply not "glass" them from space. Maybe it still works and they can't, and/or they want the tech. Why else would the enemy come at them from the ground ? Walls aren't going to do them any good against space or air based combat after all... Not unless it's an entire world of course, which it is not.

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
klaynexas3 said:
Quellist said:
If it plays anything like Fallout 3 i'll embrace it, i'm worried it will play more like Halo, which is all very well but not enough by far.
That's fair enough. I'd even be fine with the base gameplay not changing as much, but at least fleshing it out to tell a more in depth story. Halo had the story down, and it was cool, but so much was under the surface that the games barely even touched on what was actually going on. Most things just kind of popped out of nowhere and didn't really mean anything at first because you had no idea what they were talking about. However, they did get better as the game progressed, so it is my hopes that their writers are simply just better all around here.
Oh man yes, please bungie please. Huge open halo/skyrim/fallout world with these random player encounters using fps And flushed out game mechanics? HELL YES !!! Shooting range made from a hallway with pretty pictures in the background... no.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Kalezian said:
BabySinclair said:
Hype, hype, hype, wait... no PC? Whelp that ruins the hype for me.

I never quite figured out that mentality:

A game isn't on the [console of choice/computer, therefore I shall never play it.

Makes me think people that say that miss out on some the the best games available.

OT: FPS with what seems to be MMO elements?

also for the 360?

by two of the better companies at making Multiplayer portions of their games? [grudgingly admitted, they both know how to do multiplayer aspects of games]

seamless,drop-in/out coop?

I feel like a need a cigarette, some energy drinks, and to turn off my internet for a few days. because this is the HYPEST OF THE HYPE.
Probably because they can't afford more than one system? If its not on their system then they can't and thus won't play it. It's not really that hard to understand.......

And no I am not one of those people, but I do understand them.

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
YYYYYeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gameplay looks like standard halo fair
Visuals impressive so far
If they can deliver extras and some decent plot then it should be good

I'm more interested in the big sphere though, anyone else think of Lilith's Black moon from NGE?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120310183941/evangelion/images/f/f3/Lilith_Third_Impact.png

They is all gonna be tang guys

lord Claincy Ffnord

Feb 23, 2012
ramboondiea said:
GodofTheForge said:
"need for a constant internet connection"

.......really guys? really? did diablo 3 teach us nothing?

sorry if someone disagrees with me, but I think it's that kind of stuff that's unhealthy to modern gaming
to be fair, this game is basically an mmo (or so it appears from what they have said) so it need to be always online like other mmo for loads of reasons.

anyway ot, the game sounds interesting, but it i do doubt it will be on pc, the attitude at bungie seems to be against it (from what i have read any) which is a shame because its a fps mmo. pc is basically made for that kind of game.

i do have to disagree with the attitude that its going to be some revolution, as it just seems like a standard mmo just with guns, i mean they have basically introduced the rouge, wizard and fighter classes already, just with different names, but i am interested how this social media things going to shape up (badly is my guess)
Looking less like an MMO and more like an almalgamation of red dead redemptions free roam system and journey's multiplayer system. If done properly it is a very intriguing idea. And yeah, wiht that being a fundamental part of the game, it kinda has to be always online.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Kalezian said:
BabySinclair said:
Hype, hype, hype, wait... no PC? Whelp that ruins the hype for me.

I never quite figured out that mentality:

A game isn't on the (console of choice/computer), therefore I shall never play it.

Makes me think people that say that miss out on some the the best games available.
Being that I own neither the 360 nor PS3? Yeah, going to be hard for me to play it.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
lord Claincy Ffnord said:
ramboondiea said:
GodofTheForge said:

sorry if someone disagrees with me, but I think it's that kind of stuff that's unhealthy to modern gaming
to be fair, this game is basically an mmo (or so it appears from what they have said) so it need to be always online like other mmo for loads of reasons.

anyway ot, the game sounds interesting, but it i do doubt it will be on pc, the attitude at bungie seems to be against it (from what i have read any) which is a shame because its a fps mmo. pc is basically made for that kind of game.

i do have to disagree with the attitude that its going to be some revolution, as it just seems like a standard mmo just with guns, i mean they have basically introduced the rouge, wizard and fighter classes already, just with different names, but i am interested how this social media things going to shape up (badly is my guess)
Looking less like an MMO and more like an almalgamation of red dead redemptions free roam system and journey's multiplayer system. If done properly it is a very intriguing idea. And yeah, wiht that being a fundamental part of the game, it kinda has to be always online.
considering how close they are keeping their cards to there chest, its really unknown how they are going to implemented it yet, i mean there's talk of central mmo like towns where everyone is together, along with instanced planets for drop in play, or maybe its procedurally generated worlds where you have to invite people (the whole texting social media aspect)

also from how they were talking about there need for control over the worlds (so they can deliver this constantly expanding game) definatly strike me as more classic mmo style so they can control the game easier by only having a handful of servers to deal with, instead of the demonsouls or journeys personal servers. but like i said, the amount of information on this game is ridiculous minuscule considering they are aiming for a 2013 release.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
got to the top of the second page, read that i will play with other people, then stopped reading. Nothing ruins good games like other people

Novaova

Feb 2, 2010
Not on PC? I won't play. I've made an honest go at using a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse to play FPS games, and it's just no good for me. I cannot escape the plodding sensation of driving a dump truck when using a controller.

I cannot fathom how Bungie are turning their backs on so much money by not producing this game for PC as well. There's a lot of people out there looking for a good sci-fi shooty game right now.

lord Claincy Ffnord

Feb 23, 2012
ramboondiea said:
lord Claincy Ffnord said:
ramboondiea said:
GodofTheForge said:

considering how close they are keeping their cards to there chest, its really unknown how they are going to implemented it yet, i mean there's talk of central mmo like towns where everyone is together, along with instanced planets for drop in play, or maybe its procedurally generated worlds where you have to invite people (the whole texting social media aspect)

also from how they were talking about there need for control over the worlds (so they can deliver this constantly expanding game) definatly strike me as more classic mmo style so they can control the game easier by only having a handful of servers to deal with, instead of the demonsouls or journeys personal servers. but like i said, the amount of information on this game is ridiculous minuscule considering they are aiming for a 2013 release.
True, that wa just my take on what's been shown so far, and their instance that it isn't an mmo.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
I might be interested, but Halo is not exactly the gold standard of storytelling so all this hype does nothing for me. Also this console generation is so close to cover it's a bleeding waste to release something as ambitious as this on this gen. This is doubly true when you see how little they have to actually show us.

We can only hope that they're joshing us about the PS3, 360 releases and will move directly to the next gen. After it actually comes out though I'll be able to make an educated guess about this.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
MDSnowman said:
I might be interested, but Halo is not exactly the gold standard of storytelling so all this hype does nothing for me. Also this console generation is so close to cover it's a bleeding waste to release something as ambitious as this on this gen. This is doubly true when you see how little they have to actually show us.

We can only hope that they're joshing us about the PS3, 360 releases and will move directly to the next gen. After it actually comes out though I'll be able to make an educated guess about this.
Well, it's apparently going to be a multiple game series, so it sounds completely possible that it will be released in different generations. Hell, they did that with the Halo series going from the Original Xbox to the 360. What's going to stop them from doing the same for the 360 and 720.

I, for one, am extremely intrigued and will be looking forward to more information from Bungie. If they follow through with another game-changer, it might just be enough to end the tyranny of the copy/paste Modern FPS