Bureaucracy-Em-Up

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Genocidicles said:
firmicute said:
Yeah, sorry but no. He made a holocaust joke as well, and there was nary a peep about that. Either nothing is exempt from comedy, or everything is.
The holocaust was a long time ago and it's easy to interpret yahtzee's joke in the last video as actually not accepting trans-people as the genders they claim to be. I doubt anyone thought yahtzee was actually a nazi, even if they only watched one video of his regardless of the video, it wouldn't be hard to think yahtzee's transphobic based on just seeing the last video.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I must say, Extra Punctuation becomes particularly interesting whenever Yahtzee decides to share some of his game ideas.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Dear small percentage of the LGBT community that apparently lacks the concept of what humor is.

Calm the fuck down. You know what makes accepting people who are different from what is considered to be the norm easier? A lack of fear that you're gonna flip your shit if we mention facts about you.

Did you know that pre-op Female transexuals have penises? Allow me to make a joke relating to that fact.

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU FIND ANY ASPECT OF LIFE FUNNY! YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF YOURSELF, YOUR GOVERNMENT, RELIGION, ETHICS, MORALITY, MURDER, DEATH, MENTAL ILLNESS AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD, BUT YOU LEAVE MY PENIS OUT OF THIS!

Yeah, ok.

Honestly, some people are getting more fucking knee jerk about this then Muslim extremists get about danish cartoons.

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go draw the Prophet Mohammed as a pre-op transexual having gay sex on a burning American flag, just to see what kind of levels of butthurt can be generated.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
I don't see what the fuss is about.

There was no need for Yahtzee to apologize like this. He could have just explained it, or even ignored the backlash, and he'd have fixed everything.

He did anyways.

Yahtzee doesn't seem to be under pressure from his employers here. He's not worried about losing viewers or earning the ire of the internet. This is him apologizing because he made a mistake, hurt some people, and legitimately regrets it.

Props to you, Croshaw.

tifa77

Jun 24, 2009
I demand that Yahtzee now apologize for every single joke he has ever made against a group/religion otherwise it is total hypocrisy. Somehow making Holocaust jokes is acceptable while transgender stuff is off limits. Double standards.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Mad respect for you taking the time to make the apology to the transsexual community. I feel it shows true class. It seems in these dark days we have to broaden our minds and think more about the feelings of others so we can refrain from our words causing unintended hurt. And if that means the loss of our freedom to personal self expression, I feel its worth it to help better humanity as a whole. On that note Yahtzee, do you think you could ratchet down the profanity in the future? It doesn't bother me but I like to watch your show on my iPad while having tea with my Gran and it seems to bother her quite a lot.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
PBMcNair said:
shrekfan246 said:
But what would you do when Kratos shows up a fourth time with his veritable War & Peace-length file of committed sins?
Only one thing place to send him then:
No no.... that's only reserved for pederasts and people who talk in the theater.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK!!! people who talk in the theater!!!! People who fiddle with their phones are even worse! Goddamn smarthphone ¤%##&"¤/%¤Y&%¤"&

Blah. Some things really grinds my gears. This is one of them.

Sorry. Back to the topic at hand. Dont get offended by language. Its just words. As long as they are not directed at you personally, why care?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I would love the "Papers, Please (feat. King Minos, not King Midas as he turns nothing into gold at any point)" game. Especially since the last game based off of aspects of The Divine Comedy was a heinous disservice to such a potential-laden and influential work, a work that I am also a huge fan of.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Psychobabble said:
Mad respect for you taking the time to make the apology to the transsexual community. I feel it shows true class. It seems in these dark days we have to broaden our minds and think more about the feelings of others so we can refrain from our words causing unintended hurt. And if that means the loss of our freedom to personal self expression, I feel its worth it to help better humanity as a whole. On that note Yahtzee, do you think you could ratchet down the profanity in the future? It doesn't bother me but I like to watch your show on my iPad while having tea with my Gran and it seems to bother her quite a lot.
I have an idea. If your grandmother doesn't like swearing, maybe you should just not watch things that have swearing in them? Rather then asking everyone to change to fit your desires?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Tsk tsk Yahtzee, between that Midas/Minos error and that whole confusion about what sins the Dantean Hell is built to punish and how one's destination is assigned, I'm starting to think you aren't serious about afterlife or sumptin'.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
wombat_of_war said:
Covarr said:
What's with the apology? If any other group had been offended, there wouldn't be an apology. Christians, women, Americans, Mexicans, Nintendo fans, space marines, etc... When you make a point of offending as many different groups of people as you consistently do, it weakens your persona to apologize to one group just because they're currently more politically correct at the moment.

Remember that time Isaac Hayes had no trouble making fun of absolutely everyone, but when South Park did an episode on Scientology, he quit? That's kinda how this seems.

P.S. Thanks
mainly because transgender people are always used for jokes at best and at worst are seen and treated like freaks by the media and tv shows. im 39 and ive never seen a positive or even neutral portrayal of transgender people yet on tv . im glad he saw the issue and corrected it.

its not just a case of pandering to one group its a case of one group always being seen as fair game
Everyone and everything should be fair game. Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transgender_characters_in_film_and_television#Film_and_video

WAT

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Oh for the love of God, did someone actually take offense to the video? Do people have skin so thin that they can't take a joke in a comical video game review from someone who insults groups of people on a weekly basis in new and humorous ways? Considering Mr. Croshaw and I are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, he's hurled far more insults toward people like me than whatever popular victim group suddenly has an issue with him, yet I don't get all weepy and offended. I take it in stride, laugh, and get on with my day like a normal, rational person.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I'll be certain to complain about every single potentially hurtful thing Yahtzee says about any group in his next video... and expect a full apology and edit to that video the following week.

I do not see how the pre-op dicksucking is offensive at all. Yes, they're women but they also have penises and for someone to claim to not be gay but suck penises is a bit of a strange disconnect and a sign the individual is pretty confused about their SEXuality. Denying their homoSEXuality on a technicality.

Or can the knee-jerkists of the trans community not see how someone having a penis might create a bit of a strange SEXual scenario when a male homophobe specifically seeks them out to please?

Edit: I guess I had better add emphasis to the word "sex" in this post so people don't get confused that I'm talking about the sexual act of sucking a man giving sexual pleasure to a penis - a male sexual object.