Buy Dragon Age 2, Get Mass Effect 2 Free - UPDATED

InsaneFool

The Dude Abides
Jan 18, 2010
Too bad the EA Downloader doesn't allow for gifting since I already own Mass Effect 2.

Sep 14, 2009
this is a nice deal, but most people who would be interested in ME2 have already tried it on their respective platform of choice or already have it on pc, but still..nice marketing technique i suppose, a good way to rake in some people before me3 comes out in the next year.

NotSoNimble

Aug 10, 2010
Calibretto said:
Wow they must be really desperate to sell copies of Dragon Age 2 desperate times come for desperate measures.. Its only the THIRD WEEK and they doing marketing stunts like this.
Did you read the article?

Let me help you, it said: "Thanks to gamers like you, Dragon Age 2 is off to a great start - breaking the one million mark in less than two weeks and faster than Dragon Age: Origins," the company said. "We appreciate your support. As a special thank you for helping with the game's early success, BioWare would like to present you with a download code for 2010's Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC."

How is that desperate? Or you just bein a hater?

AzraelSteel

Aug 11, 2009
As someone who owns Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect, but not ME2, this was a nice surprise to see.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
We are going to reward our loyal fans buy giving them a free game which if they truly are loyal fans, they already own.

Awesome.

For the record I own neither Dragon Age II, nor Mass Effect 2, I just think it's hilarious how they worked that. I'm planning on buying ME2 quite soon, but Dragon Age II is going to need a price drop/steam sale before I purchase... as much as I love BioWare and will probably love Dragon Age II

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
While at first it seems pretty useless to those of us who have already own ME2 , I think it's a great opportunity to bring in people who haven't played the ME games yet. I really enjoyed ME2 and am happy to see it getting some more publicity.

BlackFireDragonGod

Jan 8, 2010
This is nice of Bioware and although I already own the 360 version with the Cerberus network content I never say no to free stuff. One good thing I noticed about the Cerberus Network is when unlocking the content on the 360 it also unlocked the PC content so if you already have the network you should be able to download the stuff for the PC version for free. I just checked and not only that but the blood dragon armor and the collectors edition stuff also unlocked across platforms.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I've got ME2 on the 360, but hey I wont say no. I just wish they'd have offered a steam code rather then an EA store code, I hate that program.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Ghengis John said:
Yes I'm sure this is a fantastic deal for the 4 people who didn't already own mass effect 2.
I know, right? Now you can mark it down to three! I got mine, because I already bought DA2! :D

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
That's a bad ass deal, really like that. I have both 'super editions' but it's still cool to hear people get to experience both.

Newbs

May 27, 2010
Pilkingtube said:
This is amazing, a free copy of Mass Effect 2? :D
Now I just need to buy Mass Effect 1 before playing it so I know what the hell is going.. wait.. damnit Bioware, you're clever with your devious marketing you know! Still, it's a great excuse for me to finally get into the series, currently been waiting for another Steam sale.
Nah, you don't need to play Mass Effect 1 first. It helps for the story, but it isn't necessary. I played part 2 first and loved it.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
What a first post :eek:
Hi! :D

And that's weird, is it not really relevant? Oh! Or do they do a "Previously on Mass Effect" thing like with Tomb Raider?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Alar said:
Ghengis John said:
Yes I'm sure this is a fantastic deal for the 4 people who didn't already own mass effect 2.
I know, right? Now you can mark it down to three! I got mine, because I already bought DA2! :D
Well more copies of ME2 in more people's hands can only be a good thing, right?

frago roc

Aug 13, 2009
drkchmst said:
This would be an awesome deal but the EA Download Manager is epic fail. For some people it opens and doesn't let them download and for others it doesn't even open. So far I haven't seen any word on the forums on a fix.
This. I was all gun-ho to buy ME2 during the EA sale last year until I read the fine print. This EA Download Manager is a DRM device masquerading as a prog to d/l the game content. It simply is not and I do NOT want a bulky background process installed just to make sure I'm legit. It isn't as bad as some copy-protection, but it does punish paying customers. That's why I waited for Steam's holiday sale and bought it off of that.

tl;dr - fuck EA digital downloads.