Call of Duty: Black Ops II announcement trailer

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
This might be a unwarranted worry but are they shooting for a T rating now? That'd make me ever so sad :(

It sounds like all the enemies are going to be unmanned weapons. Some human enemies will have to be present since SOMEONE has to be "stealing the key" but I wonder if they'll just remove some of the bloodier stuff...

Xskills

Jan 11, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Stopped watching when the Treyarch logo appeared.

NO THANKS. I like my games to be developed by people, not chimpanzees.
Actually those chimpanzees are why we proud snobs on this site love Treyarch.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
Some old outdated engine, My guess would be same 5 hour shooting gallery single player, and the Multiplayer will be the same as all the other cod games. This crap will not stop till we stop giving them our money, but sadly the sheep will keep paying.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
TaintedSaint said:
Some old outdated engine, My guess would be same 5 hour shooting gallery single player, and the Multiplayer will be the same as all the other cod games. This crap will not stop till we stop giving them our money, but sadly the sheep will keep paying.
Yeah, or maybe, just maybe, we enjoy the games. Weird, huh?

Funny how some people can't voice an opinion without condescendence.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
This might be a unwarranted worry but are they shooting for a T rating now? That'd make me ever so sad :(

It sounds like all the enemies are going to be unmanned weapons. Some human enemies will have to be present since SOMEONE has to be "stealing the key" but I wonder if they'll just remove some of the bloodier stuff...
I bet there's still human enemies, but the robot enemies will be there to provide more enemy variety, which is great. Shooting humans and occasionally tanks and helicopters for most of COD got boring, it's nice to see that the enemies will be more diverse. I mean, you got walking IFV's, Quadrotors, Supersonic Jets, and more cool stuff to demolish. This will definitely be the most epic COD yet.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Heh, I thought Woods died in Codblops.

I actually really like what I see so far. Looks kind of like what I imagined back around the release of CoD4 when people on the internet began to speculate on a possible CoD: Future Warfare followup.

Looks like they're keeping their predictions of the future grounded in plausibility, showing technologies in 2025 that already sort of exist in early prototype stages today.

You know what would be cool? If it turns out that nobody "stole the keys" to the robots, and they actually became self-aware.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Meh.
At least they're trying something vaguely different in style, if nothing else.

Golden rule of trailers: Don't believe them.
Trailers are made to make the game look really good without actually showing you much of anything, and the gameplay can change radically between then and launch.

Hype tactics don't fool me anymore; show me results.
The only thing a trailer tells me is that the game is probably going to launch.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Wow... That was different..

On a side note that footage looks like complete and total garbage. Before someone gets all Stabby McRageface on me for that, I was not talking about the content.. That actually looks like it might be interesting to play, but how it looks on the other hand.. It looks seriously dated by today's standards, like games released 4 or 5 years ago used to look. Or anything you would play on a 360 since I'm betting that's what the game was developed to run on and will ultimately be a crappy phoned in pc port.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I'm just thinking, is this set in the same universe as the Modern Warfare series? Cause if it is it's kinda stupid to have some massive war take place just 9 years after what was essentially WW3.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Hm... Gotta say, I am officially intrigue colored after seeing that trailer. Game could still be same old, same old, but Treyarch seems to be taking the series in an interesting new direction, which I like. At least they are going for something unique (for COD), which is most definitely admirable.

The Great Purtabo

Aug 16, 2010
Hazy992 said:
I'm just thinking, is this set in the same universe as the Modern Warfare series? Cause if it is it's kinda stupid to have some massive war take place just 9 years after what was essentially WW3.
no, im pretty sure Blops takes place in a different universe

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Ok, that makes a bit more sense then.

The Great Purtabo

Aug 16, 2010
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
yeah i barely payed attention while playing it, but im pretty sure the blops universe is one where the soviet union never fell; while in modern warfare, you do have a democratic russia, still meanies though...

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Wow, westerns, future warfare, and modern warfare, another consistent and realistic title by Treyarch. I'd rather have another WW2 game.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
yeah i barely payed attention while playing it, but im pretty sure the blops universe is one where the soviet union never fell; while in modern warfare, you do have a democratic russia, still meanies though...
The Soviet Union never fell? First I've heard that

The Great Purtabo

Aug 16, 2010
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
well that's what i've heard... take it with a grain of salt :p

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
well that's what i've heard... take it with a grain of salt :p
Black Ops was set during the Vietnam war......

The Soviet Union was still alive and kicking then.