Aug 16, 2010
Supertegwyn said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
I'm just thinking, is this set in the same universe as the Modern Warfare series? Cause if it is it's kinda stupid to have some massive war take place just 9 years after what was essentially WW3.
no, im pretty sure Blops takes place in a different universe
Ok, that makes a bit more sense then.
yeah i barely payed attention while playing it, but im pretty sure the blops universe is one where the soviet union never fell; while in modern warfare, you do have a democratic russia, still meanies though...
The Soviet Union never fell? First I've heard that
well that's what i've heard... take it with a grain of salt :p
Black Ops was set during the Vietnam war......

The Soviet Union was still alive and kicking then.
I realize that, I was referring to after the events of BLOPS 1, the soviet union never fell. Several events in BLOPS1 changed history dramatically.

Jan 13, 2012
Sooooo...... it's pretty much what shooters did 10+ years ago. Can't try anything new can you Call of Duty series? Can't add aliens or giant blow dolls that shoot lasers out of their nipples? Same game, different setting. "But....it has robots and stuff"..... congrats, now if only they added a little bit more of innovation. Besides, it's a trailer people.... remember Dead Island?

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Purtabo said:
Supertegwyn said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
Purtabo said:
Hazy992 said:
I'm just thinking, is this set in the same universe as the Modern Warfare series? Cause if it is it's kinda stupid to have some massive war take place just 9 years after what was essentially WW3.
no, im pretty sure Blops takes place in a different universe
Ok, that makes a bit more sense then.
yeah i barely payed attention while playing it, but im pretty sure the blops universe is one where the soviet union never fell; while in modern warfare, you do have a democratic russia, still meanies though...
The Soviet Union never fell? First I've heard that
well that's what i've heard... take it with a grain of salt :p
Black Ops was set during the Vietnam war......

The Soviet Union was still alive and kicking then.
I realize that, I was referring to after the events of BLOPS 1, the soviet union never fell. Several events in BLOPS1 changed history dramatically.
I can't find any references to that on the CoD wiki, or anywhere else.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Well the trailer looks nice but they always look nice so don't know what they were going to accomplished with the trailer aside from cause hype for 5 minutes

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
Hmm, more COD. I so don't care, and it's made by Treyarch which is a guarantee that it's going to suck. *End Rant* :p

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Funny how the firefights start near the second half of the trailer :p. Futuristic vehicles? I'm interested.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
CALL OF DUTY MODERNEST WARFARE

I guess they figured combining "space marines" and CoD would give them even more money ;)

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I didn't actully like the look of it. Good that they are trying something new I guess but it looks kinda crap to me. Im not a fan of the robot army going traitor idea. I imagine multiplayer will also be mostly the same.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Yeah, I'm a little excited to see what comes out of this game. Treyarch have come a loooong way since CoD3. Long way. Sadly, I'll have to wait a year to play it since I'll be doing real military stuff when it's released. :p

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Xskills said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Stopped watching when the Treyarch logo appeared.

NO THANKS. I like my games to be developed by people, not chimpanzees.
Actually those chimpanzees are why we proud snobs on this site love Treyarch.
I wouldn't use the word "we" so loosely, I'm fairly certain that the percentage of people who like Treyarch is much smaller than the percentage of people who think Treyarch are complete wastes of oxygen.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
For some reason I'm getting the urge to play Deus Ex again :p

On topic

Horseback chase sequence looks awesome.
Same here! The backing track at the start sounded like it could have easily been slipped into the Human Revolution soundtrack without anyone noticing. I'm actually very intrigued by this trailer. Hopefully they can make it work well, and perhaps even tie it back to the original Black Ops story in some form. Wasn't Frank Woods in Black Ops?

Xskills

Jan 11, 2010
http://kotaku.com/5906808/48-things-that-you-should-know-about-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

more details here.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I don't really understand why it's called Black Ops 2...
It doesn't look like Black Ops.
Unless they just plan to use that word whenever there's an oppurtunity for stealth, so they can make people feel as if the sequel is vital to what they've already played.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Imbechile said:
Who gives a shit abou Call of duty anymore?

In November 2013 either Modern Gayfare 4 or Black Cocks 3 will come out anyway, so why bother?
Wow... Original Names, bet you're the first one to think of those. Nope, no one ever thought of those names.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Imbechile said:
Who gives a shit abou Call of duty anymore?

In November 2013 either Modern Gayfare 4 or Black Cocks 3 will come out anyway, so why bother?
Gayfare...wow that's an original name. Homophobic much?

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Haven't bought a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare, which was awesome. Maybe this will be a nice time to start playing again, I have friends to play with, so why not.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Dr. McD said:
Slayer_2 said:
Wow, westerns, future warfare, and modern warfare, another consistent and realistic title by Treyarch. I'd rather have another WW2 game.
"The story is was written from the ground up by Dark Knight and Batman Begins co-writer David Goyer. Goyer joined the first Black Ops part of the way through. He wanted to "create a memorable villain" with Martinez."

So is the bad guy's name Menendez or Martinez?
The Kotaku article doesn't say that at all.

"The villain will be a man named Raul Menendez, who in 2025 is pitting the Chinese and US governments against each other by hacking into their drones and other robotic weapons."

"The story is was written from the ground up by Dark Knight and Batman Begins co-writer David Goyer. Goyer joined the first Black Ops part of the way through. He wanted to "create a memorable villain" with Menendez"

Martinez is never mentioned.