Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Induces a Flashback

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Wait? A CoD game with a plot?

Shit. 1-6 didn't even try. Well, 4 and 6 tried. But failed completely miserably...
Well 1 and 2 kinda didn't need to go into much plot because they are set in WWII so we all kinda know the story... and of course we don't speak of 3 [shakes head disapprovingly].

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Jaranja said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Excitement level rising....
Excitement level hit the floor.

I thought this was Call of Duty. What the hell is this?
Er...a different Call of Duty? Different possibly meaning more interesting.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Jonny49 said:
Jaranja said:
EcksTeaSea said:

Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 5 are different Call of Duties. This isn't Call of Duty.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Jaranja said:
Jonny49 said:
Jaranja said:
EcksTeaSea said:

Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 5 are different Call of Duties. This isn't Call of Duty.
Well it is only a teaser trailer, you just gotta wait and see I suppose. Besides, there's nothing wrong with taking the series in a new direction.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Was it just me or did anyone else feel like the voice was just a rip-off of the G-Man from the Half-Life universe?

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Arnold Schwarzenegger saves Alyssa Milano and throws a pipe through a dude!
Dude I fucking loved Commando!
On topic: How is this a Call of Duty game? 1, 2, and 4 were so good because you were part of a bigger war. If you're some kind of super soldier, or have amnesia or something, it'll diminish the whole Cold War setting.
I'm all in favor for focusing more on the single-player, but only if it'll still make sense.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
For this will be the last Call of Duty I ever buy, I hope for Zombies and a great multiplayer. It will be my last because I don't believe in milking customers nor does my wallet.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
DeASplode said:
Irridium said:
AH! Why do they have to do the whole amnesia thing? I hate that story element...

I guess I can't really judge much of a teaser trailer, but still. So far not so good.
"Before I kill you, who am I? For you see. I have... AMNESIA!"

I'll keep a close eye on this game to be honest. Treyarch at least made WaW fun for a large amount of people. Even if it was just because of Nazi Zombies.
Does ANYBODY in this room not have AMNESIA??? "I duno" "Do you?" "I can't remember..."

And this game looks pretty solid. Treyarch has my heart after Infinity Ward snapped it in half. Nazi Zombies and WaW multiplayer. have made for some awesome times.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
That's one thing I can check off my list. Yes, it looks neat, but I won't buy it for four reasons:

One: name one mission in MW one or two that was an utter failure. As in, half of the force dies, a quarter is wounded, and the rest fled when the shit hit the fan. Several mission in 'Nam where like that, but I can't think of one like that from either of the two MW's.

Two: from some of the guesses(supper soldier, amnesia...) the story already seams stupid.

Three: if everything is played off as a success, which it most likely will, then it disrespects the men who died in the war because of botched jobs. I am partially biased on this one, as I lost an uncle to the Vietcong, and I will never meet him because of it. But it is still disrespecting the the soldiers sacrifice when you make none of your teammates die, everything goes smoothly, and the enemy are piss easy to fight as they stand in the open, not in the sides of fucking mountains.

four: it looks like a rehash of MW2, the one game in the series I didn't like. The balancing was broken, the story was a joke, the beta testers are none existent, and it looks like it will all be the same in this game too.

Yes, I know that these are all guesses, but I doubt they'd change the trend that made them the most selling game of all time.

bookboy

Mar 16, 2009
Haro said:
here's a tip: he doesn't have amnesia; he's being tortured.

So this is probably going to be the story of a special forces soldier (American most likely) fighting during the cold war in black ops missions in a) vietnam, b) south america, c) middle east (most likely Afghanistan) and finally d) somewhere in the tundra, my guess is Siberia.

He gets captured and is strapped up to electrodes ("double the voltage when he wakes up") and is given various drugs to break his mind, to the point where he nearly dies.

All seems fairly obvious to me. I like cold war drama.
my thinking with the electricity is that he could be undergoing CIA experimentation, I think it was called ULTRA, to turn him into a mindless super soldier, with the flashes being flash-forwards, rather than flash-backs. it might just be electroshock therapy, not torture...

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
I started to like Treyarch when they introduced all that blood and gore in WaW. It's clear that IW was only interested in sales so they made a game for kids with almost no blood. I still like MW characters and I want to see what happens with Soap and Price, but they should make MW3 more serious, more blood and gore and longer campaign.

Go Treyarch! People wanted Vietnam, Treyarch apparently listened to the fans. Lets hope they can deliver something special.
Liked WAW sooooooo much more than MW2 especially in the gore cataGORY. Hehe... I made a funny. :D

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Turtleboy1017 said:
DeASplode said:
Irridium said:
AH! Why do they have to do the whole amnesia thing? I hate that story element...

I guess I can't really judge much of a teaser trailer, but still. So far not so good.
"Before I kill you, who am I? For you see. I have... AMNESIA!"

I'll keep a close eye on this game to be honest. Treyarch at least made WaW fun for a large amount of people. Even if it was just because of Nazi Zombies.
Does ANYBODY in this room not have AMNESIA??? "I duno" "Do you?" "I can't remember..."

And this game looks pretty solid. Treyarch has my heart after Infinity Ward snapped it in half. Nazi Zombies and WaW multiplayer. have made for some awesome times.
I'd take offense to that, but I can't remember why.

In all honesty I've seen the amnesia thing work twice in video games, which is something like 0.003% of the times the industry has used it.

Ze_Sapper

Apr 12, 2010
If they can pull off what the seem to be alluding to then I will be very impressed.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
Sweet, looks fairly probably that it will follow a black ops operative through his flashbacks to nam and to the present day.

With a new zombie mode also, looks like it will be a great game :D