Call of Duty Elite on PC Delayed and Debilitated

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Andy Chalk said:
"We're as committed as ever to the PC..."
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO-
Ok, not that much of a loss, anyway. They've been alienating the PC crowd, and the PC crowd has... you know.... BETTER games to play besides shovelware shooters. So, no real loss...
Serious question: you wouldn't happen to know of another new FPS game out there that uses RPG levelling elements and has a wide player base of support?

No?

Zen we still have a problem.

I like COD because of the fusion of FPS and RPG styles. The levelling through XP, the unlocks, the character customisation, the depth of weapons strategy balancing DPS, recoil, detection and speed. Yet it's a game that's still about running and gunning and stabbing and detonating and burning. I like to customise, tweak and create the perfect class to adapt to my playstyle, no other competitive game out there does it quite to the same extent as COD, or at least none that I know of.

Spec ops is looking to be one of the best 2-player co-op experiences on PC (left-4-dead is 4-player and I have 225-hours on that already) with so much to play with like sentries, killstreaks and mid-level unlocks, juggernaut. Yeah, it is a remix of elements of previous COD games but WHAT A MIX!

Also, Activision is one of the biggest third-party supporters of Steamworks, arguably THE BEST DRM that you could possibly ask for for a game to come with - and investors are going to demand SOME SORT of DRM. While EA is trying their Origin bullshit and Ubisoft are demanding constant-internet connection, Activision - the supposed enemies of PC Gaming - are the biggest and so far most steadfast supporters of Steamworks. Even retro-actively applying it to previous games!

And COME ON, it's not 2009 any more, can we PLEASE get over how MW2 didn't have dedicated servers. Black Ops had dedi-servers and now so has MW3. It was jsut Infinity-ward getting their heads up their ass so impressed by the improvements they made on console's matchmaking they thought it was better than good old fashned server browser.

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/mw3-supports-dedicated-servers-on-pc/

I know, it's weird, but Modern Warfare 3 is showing all indications of being a real true and proper PC game! Aftivision have come full circle, it really does seem they have gone all the way back to the glory days of how COD4 and World at War were on PC, with all the PC-freedom that the platform knew and expected. Now if that doesn't generate more sales, do you think Activision will keep up this friendliness?

As a PC gamer, I think the PC Crowd needs to learn to forgive... but not forget.

We have made a lot of (rather rude) demands on Activision on what we want from COD and they've delivered! Now we need to live up to our end of the deal, and recognise Modern Warfare 3 for what it is, by its own merits not what the previous games might have been.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I don't care about CoD elite. I never play a CoD game past a month or two after getting them. I've never bought a CoD map-pack, and I probably never will.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
mjc0961 said:
I can't see why I should be mad at Activision or the game over this. Blame the douchebags who measure their worth in life by how high they can unfairly put themselves on a leaderboard. If they would just play honestly instead of cheating, this wouldn't be a problem.
Aptly stated. Even if I was literally dead-last on the precious leaderboards, I couldn't give any less of a damn if I was having a good time regardless. The day those matter is the day I sign up to handle all of Inatech's TPS reports au gratis just for fun. It's a cute little feature, not a lifeline or (hopefully) not a determinant of one's worth to society, and certainly not what I'd call a "premium feature" in the year 2011.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Rijo said:
Metalrocks said:
so to make sure i dont misunderstand here something.... is elite required to play the game or you can play COD without it?
Think of COD Elite as a Add-on or a Tool. But if you like to Non-Elite Vs Elite http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included
PS... if you do it by the 13th of this month you get the Founder Member pretty much baiting you in with a XP buff and Gun Camo's.

BECAUSE WE LIKE SHINEY THINGS DAMN!
so in short, elite is optional and not a must have to play the MP. because im not willing to pay extra just to play the MP. i never got any of the hats or what ever you can buy for team fortress 2.
so i can relax and play the MP without any hassle?

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Man. Remember when first person shooters were BETTER on the PC than any other platform? Remember player-created mods and map packs that didn't answer to ANYBODY? Remember private servers? Remember LAN parties?

What the fuck happened, developers?

Give me my fun back!

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
"We're as committed as ever to the PC,
In other words, still hardly at all. You get more money out of the console crowd, so you don't like us as much. And seeing as you're a capitalist business, I can see where you're coming from. I wasn't going to buy your game anyway, though, so my opinion doesn't matter to you, does it?